Author Topic: Consumer Reports- ha  (Read 569 times)

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Consumer Reports- ha
« on: April 04, 2008 - 01:31:32 PM »
This is too funny.  How much are the foreign carmakers paying this place?  Look at the lists a little down.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=435706&GT1=22017

A Buick, two Lincolns, and a Pontiac made the list. 

:eek7: :screwy:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008 - 01:50:43 PM by 71bigblock »

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
Re: Consumer Reports- ha
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008 - 01:44:10 PM »
I would have to agree with the list, Nissans first entry into the full size 4 by 4 market, volkswagon jettas are lemons and blazers are crap-alot of those vehicles are poorly designed. The dodge awd caravan has chronic problems. I am surprised the mb sl is there although it is a low entry into the luxury car market :2cents:

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008 - 10:19:11 AM »
Those people are soooo fulllll o sheet it ain't funny......Consumer Reports in my industry has very little to do w/reality.....And there's those poor dumb-asses that live their life by their rag.......I will love it the day they get sued for taking bribes.

Why do I say this.......for years now, at least going back to the '70s all appliance sellers bought product from a hand full of manufacturers....So you go to Sears & buy say a washing Machine you probably got a Whirlpool built product with the only difference being the console paint, knobs....CR always rated the Sears over the equivalent model Whirlpool, Kitchen-aid that we sold.   I can give you dozens of specific incidence's but the best was around '79 an Amana Microwave was ranked #1.....#9 was a Frigidaire that was EXACTLY the same item except for the Model # & a black rather than chrome door. 

Now days CR is in love w/LG laundry...we sell it but it's worst junk in the industry as we sell some brand from every manufacturer & nothing else has so many issues.
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline willhaven

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008 - 10:39:19 PM »
You can pry the keys from my Japanese daily driver from my cold dead hands.

I drive a 2004 Acura TL with NAV though I'm probably going to replace it with a Honda Ridgeline truck with NAV in the near future.

The only cars which make me want to diverge from my Japanese love are the Audi S5 (so hot) or a BMW M6 coupe. The Brits have a few cars I'd love to have as well. A TVR Sagaris or Aston Martin DBS come to mind. :)

Audi S5

Aston Martin DBS

TVR Sagaris