What other hobbies do you have besides E-Bodies/Mopars?

Author Topic: What other hobbies do you have besides E-Bodies/Mopars?  (Read 14921 times)

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Re: What other hobbies do you have besides E-Bodies/Mopars?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2008 - 10:19:35 PM »
i do some fishin every now and then. its been a little slow these days though

:thumbsup:
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Slotts

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2008 - 10:27:49 PM »
Writing, camping, hiking and photography (see below).

OMG, that is absolutely incredible work. That is way beyond photography, you are truly blessed with art and talent.
My hat’s off to you. I am blown away. :worshippy

Do you do weddings? :roflsmiley:

Slotts

Offline alphabuck

• Pics of my project
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2008 - 10:29:28 PM »
i do some fishin every now and then. its been a little slow these days though

im thinking thats because your line is too thick and your bait is too big :smilielol:

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008 - 10:34:37 PM »
lol that 'line' was to keep him tied to the boat while i ran inside and go the camera! lol. (jon boat, no livewell or anything).

It was then relased. :D
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline willhaven

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2008 - 10:35:56 PM »

I've currently got a new amp head on order (custom order Mesa Road King II), and I'm in the process of assembling and "plumbing" a 14 space rack to hold and switch all of my stomp boxes. I've got 12 foot pedals on 3 rack drawers with space for maybe 3 more (if they're small).

I'm also eying a couple of new guitars. A Paul Reed Smith 513 (OMG $$$) or a Parker Southern Fly (think modernized Telecaster).

If my tax return is large enough, I might get a high end electronic drum kit so I can record my music in a more straightforward way. I currently use a massive drum sample library (35GB) and a pad interface to record my drum tracks. The electric kit would just be an input device to trigger the same samples I've been using. Even then, I'm tempted to get a real Drum Workshop, Pork Pie or Orange County Percussion kit instead.

I've slowly been writing music over the past couple of years. Once I get 4 tracks recorded and mixed I'll start looking for a local singer to collaborate with so we can build a full band. I haven't played live since 2002. I was 20 then. :sly:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2008 - 11:00:41 PM »

Do you do weddings? :roflsmiley:

Slotts

I know you're joking, but I really get asked that all the time. Truth is there are different kinds of photography, and wedding photography is closer to sports photography in my opinion. You have to be able to anticipate where the action will be and to make split-second decisions. What I do is just the opposite; it's common for me to spend half an hour setting up a shot. When I have my large format camera out (see below), I've spent a couple of hours getting everything in the shot perfect.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Slotts

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2008 - 11:29:25 PM »
I know you're joking, but I really get asked that all the time. Truth is there are different kinds of photography, and wedding photography is closer to sports photography in my opinion. You have to be able to anticipate where the action will be and to make split-second decisions. What I do is just the opposite; it's common for me to spend half an hour setting up a shot. When I have my large format camera out (see below), I've spent a couple of hours getting everything in the shot perfect.

Exactly, I have watched in awe while shots are set up - Color temp, lumens, shading, indirect lighting, lens, film, shutter speed, and the list goes on and on...

Pulling it all together produces those shots you have taken. I could only wish.
If you haven't figured it out, that is a hobby I wish I could have tried.

Yes, the wedding comment was another bad joke. At least they are free!

Slotts

Offline 69bronzeT5

• SRT Guru
  • Mopar or No Car
    • Forgotten Mopars
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2008 - 11:30:57 PM »

I've currently got a new amp head on order (custom order Mesa Road King II), and I'm in the process of assembling and "plumbing" a 14 space rack to hold and switch all of my stomp boxes. I've got 12 foot pedals on 3 rack drawers with space for maybe 3 more (if they're small).

I'm also eying a couple of new guitars. A Paul Reed Smith 513 (OMG $$$) or a Parker Southern Fly (think modernized Telecaster).

If my tax return is large enough, I might get a high end electronic drum kit so I can record my music in a more straightforward way. I currently use a massive drum sample library (35GB) and a pad interface to record my drum tracks. The electric kit would just be an input device to trigger the same samples I've been using. Even then, I'm tempted to get a real Drum Workshop, Pork Pie or Orange County Percussion kit instead.

I've slowly been writing music over the past couple of years. Once I get 4 tracks recorded and mixed I'll start looking for a local singer to collaborate with so we can build a full band. I haven't played live since 2002. I was 20 then. :sly:

Nice ESPs! Dont like Parkers too much but I've heard some good stuff about 'em. I'm picking up this next weekend.....
Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger
1970 Coronet
1971 Charger R/T
1971 Road Runner
1989 VW Cabriolet
2004 SRT-4
2006 Grand Cherokee SRT8
2008 Challenger SRT8
2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2008 - 11:34:44 PM »

Yes, the wedding comment was another bad joke. At least they are free!

Slotts

No prob, I didn't take it badly. If anything, I find it funny that my friends and family all think that I'm the perfect person to shoot their weddings because I have pictures in galleries. They always look at me suspiciously when I try to explain that they're two different things.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline willhaven

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2008 - 11:43:39 PM »

Nice ESPs! Dont like Parkers too much but I've heard some good stuff about 'em. I'm picking up this next weekend.....
Nice. I've been on the fence with an ESP Eclipse for years. I love the look but I can't imagine myself with a Les Paul styled guitar. Have you seen Musician's Friend has deep discounts on the ESP version of that guitar right now? Really cheap for a brand new ESP.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-Eclipse-II-Flame-Maple-Vintage-Honey-Burst-Electric-Guitar?sku=515957

Parkers are definitely very polarizing. I didn't like them at first, especially because of the headstock. It took my old singer basically forcing me to play one to like it. They play so well and the piezoelectric pickups in the bridge sound really clean when you need them to. It sounds very similar to an acoustic at that point. The flamed maple one is a Parker Supreme. They're about $3K used. It's the best sounding guitar I have though.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2008 - 01:11:15 AM »
Been too busy lately, but I enjoy:

-fishing
-paintball
-model cars
-computers

Lately, I am just collecting dust.  :bigsmile:    :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2008 - 06:07:58 AM »
Guitars and guns. I just got an Ovation Celebrity from musiciansfriend.com. They shipped it fre to my FPO here in the desert.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2008 - 06:10:00 AM »
Oh yeah, gold here is super cheap. I had a haji guy dip my keys in gold 7 times with 14K for 15 Dinar.

Offline CrazyPete

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2008 - 06:59:35 AM »
Other than working on the Mopars im an outdoors guy i hunt & fish.  I do 3-D archery tourneys all the time.  I use to do target shooting too but that got way to $$$$ for me so now i collect guns like i do mopars.  :bigsmile:

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2008 - 08:29:17 PM »
I build model muscle cars from the late 50's to the mid 70's, mainly mopars.  Presently I'm looking for a early 300 letter series and the new Chally.