any daytona owners

Author Topic: any daytona owners  (Read 8954 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: any daytona owners
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2008 - 04:15:01 PM »
This is an 89 Daytona that a friend built. The car was bought new buy his wife and had 36K miles on it when he started to cut it up. He sold it to a pastor in Vernon Connecticut. I delivered it out there for him.

The stats are:

727 3500 stall conv
8 3/4  391 SG
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008 - 04:17:01 PM by Rare_T_A »
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008 - 06:02:18 PM »
Thats badass!!!!!!!
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008 - 06:34:29 PM »
My brother owns a 1986 Turbo Z daytona, they are suposed to be the first year for the turbo and pretty rare from what he heard.   :dunno:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2008 - 06:45:22 PM »
My brother owns a 1986 Turbo Z daytona, they are suposed to be the first year for the turbo and pretty rare from what he heard.   :dunno:

Its actually an '84 Tubo Z, not an 86.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2008 - 07:04:35 PM »
I like this shot------It bleeds Mopar

hannah

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2008 - 08:01:15 PM »
The Daytona came home yesterday,still have to do a few things to it before I register it.

It looks really great!! Hope the "few things" don't add up to much of a headache

hannah

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2008 - 08:06:25 PM »
Its actually an '84 Tubo Z, not an 86.

Up  to now I think people still turn up their noses at these cars...especially those that drive Mustangs I find…all the feuding going on with Chrysler/Ford some people take it really personal loool

Your bro’s Daytona came with a Turbo 1 by the time mine came along in ’88 it was upgraded to a Turbo II.

Daytonas aren't true “Shelby" cars it'll be the numbered ones that will have any value...if at all yet it's been said the numbered were lesser quality than the unnumbered ones who knows  :dunno:

Probably the rare Shelby's are the ones that still run lool...when cars start getting this old they are only worth what someone will pay for them

What color is your brother's? Is it his daily driver?

:wave:

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2008 - 10:23:01 PM »
Great pic, Doug.  :2thumbs: It reminds me of this picture.

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2008 - 10:57:45 PM »
Up  to now I think people still turn up their noses at these cars...especially those that drive Mustangs I find…all the feuding going on with Chrysler/Ford some people take it really personal loool

Your bro’s Daytona came with a Turbo 1 by the time mine came along in ’88 it was upgraded to a Turbo II.

Daytonas aren't true “Shelby" cars it'll be the numbered ones that will have any value...if at all yet it's been said the numbered were lesser quality than the unnumbered ones who knows  :dunno:

Probably the rare Shelby's are the ones that still run lool...when cars start getting this old they are only worth what someone will pay for them

What color is your brother's? Is it his daily driver?

:wave:

HIs is black with red interior maybe, I'm not sure I just know he told me it was pretty rare. Its rusty though, he has never had it on the road.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

hannah

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2008 - 11:38:20 PM »
HIs is black with red interior maybe, I'm not sure I just know he told me it was pretty rare. Its rusty though, he has never had it on the road.

:thumbsup: Very nice...if I had had a choice...it would have been black...too bad for the rust...

Thank you for your reply  :wave:

P.S. nice new signature picture you have there...you must be in heaven...congrats to you and the family again on the car purchase

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2008 - 11:43:50 PM »
:thumbsup: Very nice...if I had had a choice...it would have been black...too bad for the rust...

Thank you for your reply  :wave:

P.S. nice new signature picture you have there...you must be in heaven...congrats to you and the family again on the car purchase

Thanks Hannah, I am extremely happy to finally have a car, I had some bad luck in the past with these cars and worked hard to finally buy another. I waited for the right car and it definately paid off. BTW I had my sigs option turned off till the other day, so when I turned it on and seeen everyones sigs I had to put one up..lol.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2008 - 11:49:53 PM »

There were a lot of Turbo Z's down here in 84. A lot of Black cars with black leather. I remember being an apprentice and asked by the new car manager if I would like to run one in the 1/8 mile street drags that were just starting in town, I don't think I could say yes fast enough. I switched to a set of Omni GLH rims and tires off of another new car on the lot for a lower overall gear ratio and added a bleed into the wastegate to get about 9psi of boost and then put in some 104 octane boost. I killed the other new cars from the competing dealers, 84 5.0 and a 84 firebird 5.0 h.o. It was fun, came home with the trophy.

1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2008 - 11:59:12 PM »
There were a lot of Turbo Z's down here in 84. A lot of Black cars with black leather. I remember being an apprentice and asked by the new car manager if I would like to run one in the 1/8 mile street drags that were just starting in town, I don't think I could say yes fast enough. I switched to a set of Omni GLH rims and tires off of another new car on the lot for a lower overall gear ratio and added a bleed into the wastegate to get about 9psi of boost and then put in some 104 octane boost. I killed the other new cars from the competing dealers, 84 5.0 and a 84 firebird 5.0 h.o. It was fun, came home with the trophy.

Thats pretty cool story Shaun. I know Steve really wants to fix the car up some day. I just did a quick search and it states that there were 5000 '84 Turbo Z daytona's built. That includes Auto and Manual. I thought the number was closer to 2500 for some reason though. Either way, pretty cool car for the day.

Dave
Charlottetown, PE

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008 - 12:09:00 AM »
Thats pretty cool story Shaun. I know Steve really wants to fix the car up some day. I just did a quick search and it states that there were 5000 '84 Turbo Z daytona's built. That includes Auto and Manual. I thought the number was closer to 2500 for some reason though. Either way, pretty cool car for the day.

I still have a dash pad that came out of one in 84(black) car had a couple thousand K on it and did not like a minute scratch.  I keep it in the parents basement in hopes it'll be worth a fortune some day :roflsmiley: I also have a set of 84 laser red door panels that the thread is coming off in a couple of spots but very minty!
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2008 - 09:08:36 PM »
Thanks guys
I am really excited about this little car and have been tearing into it.I have all new rotors,calipers and pads on the way(sat for a few years)And with my friend right next store with an Iroc R/T,I have been doing some comparing(mine has a factory sunroof and his doesn't)which is why mine has some rot at the back of the rockers at the inner wheel house.The drain for the sunroof empties into the rockers and the drains in the rockers were plugged.Which brings me to a question for you all?How can I find if mopar still stocks this sheetmetal?Will I have to go to the dealer?or is their a link I can use to look up the parts?I know it's not an e-body,but the sooner I get this thing tagged is the sooner I can get back to my 71 Cuda project.
                                                      Thanks The Clown