354 dana 60 free to full members

Author Topic: 354 dana 60 free to full members  (Read 5568 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
354 dana 60 free to full members
« on: April 06, 2008 - 09:32:29 PM »
You gotta come over to get this. I wont ship it or tear it down. It is a truck dana with the gears still installed. The rest of it I pulled off. I am narrowing one for my barracuda and I have this other one.

It is free to any full member and up. I am in Cullman Al.  A place in huntsville will narrow it to factory lenght for 150 bucks.

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Re: 354 dana 60 free to full members
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008 - 09:36:56 PM »
Wow very nice offer Al, $150 ebody dana. Cant beat that witha stick!
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008 - 09:54:59 PM »
Al,  when you took it apart to convert the rear to a car, what did they need; the axils and the center section?   I have 2 I need to convert.  If I stripped them down they would be easier to deal with in the garage.  I just don't want to toss the wrong thing. Thanks.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008 - 09:59:18 PM »
These rears I have are 30 spline just like the 8 3/4 .  Housing ends they have in stock, and they also have the spring perches. So 150 15 75 and add axles and your backing plates. Axles are under 300 with the bearings. Or you can cut down some c body axles.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008 - 10:40:02 PM »
I don't need yours.  I just wanted to know what I could get rid of on mine until I converted them.  They are heavy as truck units.  Thanks.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008 - 12:35:17 AM »
Al, has anyone ever told you you're too nice. Well you are  :thumbsup: Seriously you've gone above and beyond. Not many people are willing to give parts cheap let alone free. I know I'm in debt to you. Thanks again ! Gary

Yellow_Fish

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008 - 02:59:39 PM »
Al, has anyone ever told you you're too nice. Well you are  :thumbsup: Seriously you've gone above and beyond. Not many people are willing to give parts cheap let alone free. I know I'm in debt to you. Thanks again ! Gary

As long as you post a lot.

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008 - 03:27:14 PM »

Whether or not you qualify (I don't), is really immaterial to Al being a good guy.  I am guessing that his whole point is to get parts that he has to people who need them.  Rewarding long time users of this board for their selfless help and friendship is great, but from what I have read through his posts, it seems Al just wants to weed out some people who would resell or profit from his generosity.  If he chooses to do that by trusting people who have helped alot of others through this board, it seems pretty logical to me. 

It sure seems to be in the spirit of this "family".
He is definitely the kind of guy this world needs more of.
Thanks Al.
** Shane **

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008 - 03:29:55 PM »

Not true, I have sold to many members that were newbies and up. Very cheap in price, this is something special. I think if you had been around longer (yellow_fish) you would see it isnt about posts vs sales. But I will say I got burned on 2k in parts a coupe months ago. I guess you missed the rust free challenger I just sold with a brand new 440 , 727, 410 sure grip, good dash and interior with new complete dual exhaust for 10k to a member.  But I am not going to defend myself, I shouldnt have to, and this is why I am giving parts away to long time members. They understand what I am getting at.

Yellow_Fish

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008 - 04:29:15 PM »
Not true, I have sold to many members that were newbies and up. Very cheap in price, this is something special. I think if you had been around longer (yellow_fish) you would see it isnt about posts vs sales. But I will say I got burned on 2k in parts a coupe months ago. I guess you missed the rust free challenger I just sold with a brand new 440 , 727, 410 sure grip, good dash and interior with new complete dual exhaust for 10k to a member.  But I am not going to defend myself, I shouldnt have to, and this is why I am giving parts away to long time members. They understand what I am getting at.

Actually I have been around 4 years longer than you.

I find you approach a little condescending.
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=43684.0

Who is "grass hopper"?

Offline gkring

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008 - 06:19:25 PM »
Your 3 days total time spent online at this site doesn't match up well to Moparal's 35 days, even if you did register before him. Either has nothing to do with the quality of a person. Some people are scorekeepers when it comes to posting and feel the need to put a smiley face or bump on everything and others only post when they feel they have reference quality information. Again, neither is wrong. What is right is that he can give away parts if he wants even if someone feels left out because they have not posted enough to meet his criteria. I think he is  :screwy: for doing it, but also an  :angelwings:.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008 - 06:21:40 PM by gkring »
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008 - 06:30:42 PM »
If you read Al's other posts in other threads he states if the part is not claimed by someone who meets his criteria in one week, he will sell the part cheap to others on the board. He may deal with this part the same way.  It is his part and he can and will deal with it however he wants to. I guarantee you Al will be cheaper than Ebay and a lot nicer to deal with. 

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008 - 09:26:48 PM »
Well, post wise I guess your the grass hopper like I was suggesting to the other guy. I dont try or even have to get along with everyone. And if you cant get along with me, its ok. I dont have enemies, but I also dont need arogant friends like you either just starting things to get some comotion going on. Yer 2800 miles away anyways so you wouldnt drive down to get it as it is anyways. And seeing how you choose to annoy some people, me if you will, I wouldnt let you get it. I dont think your acting like a deserving type. But the rear will go for 50 bucks to anyone after the 5 days. But I wont sell it to you now yellow_fish. You seem to like to make more waves then friends. I just wont let your remarks bother me anymore. Not worth the time to argue over.  Have a good day, and if you need me to turn the other cheek, have a good day. I like helping members, not trouble makers.

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008 - 09:48:29 PM »
Al, Your friends appreciate all you do to help others. You are a wonderful person.  :cheers:

Yellow_Fish

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008 - 09:59:34 PM »
Well, post wise I guess your the grass hopper like I was suggesting to the other guy. I dont try or even have to get along with everyone. And if you cant get along with me, its ok. I dont have enemies, but I also dont need arogant friends like you either just starting things to get some comotion going on. Yer 2800 miles away anyways so you wouldnt drive down to get it as it is anyways. And seeing how you choose to annoy some people, me if you will, I wouldnt let you get it. I dont think your acting like a deserving type. But the rear will go for 50 bucks to anyone after the 5 days. But I wont sell it to you now yellow_fish. You seem to like to make more waves then friends. I just wont let your remarks bother me anymore. Not worth the time to argue over.  Have a good day, and if you need me to turn the other cheek, have a good day. I like helping members, not trouble makers.

And just what do you think that I would do with that part?

I just don't care for your approach.

And, let’s see, you have been a member for about 530 days and on this site for 35 of them. Well, that’s about 10% of you waking hours. No, I'll never be able to match that - I have a life.

I knew that it would be hard to argue with "free" parts. But if you wanted to exclude a large part of this "family", maybe you should have done it on the side.

Oh, and just because you post 4000 times doesn't make you the "master".

Grass Hopper
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008 - 10:15:52 PM by Yellow_Fish »