Author Topic: First Ride In a Viper  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: First Ride In a Viper
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008 - 01:07:15 AM »
Get to the states and we'll take mine out.  I'll even let you pick what color you want.

I have put a lot of miles on all my cars and I can tell you the truck vipers are different than the real vipers.  Not that one is better, just different.  I prefer driving the real vipers vs. the truck vipers.  just my  :2cents:

That'd be sweet mate, if I did ever make it to the land of the free I'd look you up (along with others). It was just a personal preference of mine, I've always loved the big brute Dodge Ram trucks, just so chunky!! The Viper drivetrain is just a big cherry on top for me. What muffler do you run? Without insulting anyone (remember, I'm an owner too) they can sound very ricey and tinny. I'm running a full Billy Boat cat back exhaust from the headers to the tips. Should be nice, they're the deepest muffler I heard for the trucks.

Check out the video in the link: www.bbexhaust.com/truck/srt10/ :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008 - 01:24:23 AM »
The Vipers are awsome, Never driven one, but I had the plesure of geting a litle ride in this one..

Viper ACR! What a beast!
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008 - 02:15:15 AM »
I went for a run in Codys Viper  :burnout: :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Cuda Cody

• Resident
  • Vancouver, WA
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008 - 03:13:57 AM »
The only mod on the car is the cat back.

http://www.reichfamily.net/movies/Belanger%20Cat%20Back%20Exhaust.htm

They sound like crap with stock mufflers.  A cat back and they come alive!

What muffler do you run? Without insulting anyone (remember, I'm an owner too) they can sound very ricey and tinny. I'm running a full Billy Boat cat back exhaust from the headers to the tips. Should be nice, they're the deepest muffler I heard for the trucks.

Check out the video in the link: www.bbexhaust.com/truck/srt10/ :cheers:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008 - 04:32:32 AM »

I hear ya, they're commonly referred to as "UPS engines" or in the truck: "UPS Trucks" and I fully agree, stock sounds like ass. Not sure if it's because I'm use to the low mean burble of a V8 but I like the sound with aftermarket exhausts. Nice and exotic sounding, nice to have different engines up the drive for a change rather than just all V8s etc.

Love the Viper Cody, very smart and I bet a tonne of fun to drive. Belanger are a great brand I did look at their headers but decided to go with a Billy Boat system but love the sound your V10 burbles out. Can't wait to get mine on the road properly and enjoy it for what it was made to do. A Viper V10 + 6-Speed is a fantastic drivers combo.

:2thumbs:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008 - 06:57:22 AM »
The little time I have had behind the wheel of one is just awesome. Torque out the wazoo and just a rush to run it through the gears. Super tight steering that doesnt wander despite those huge meats. Feels lighter than air. I dont know if it this way with all of them but when the tires break loose it is like it is hydroplaning on air, no squeel from the tires unless you stay in the throttle and keep the tires broke loose. You sure dont want to be getting on the gas in any sort of turn. Glad you liked the ride, its definitely a rush.  :burnout:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008 - 09:07:05 AM »

That's funny, the sound from the stock muffler sounded muffled for lack of a better word. As if something was choking the car back. The power was all there but it didn't sound like it :clueless:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008 - 06:37:23 PM »
Get to the states and we'll take mine out.  I'll even let you pick what color you want.

I have put a lot of miles on all my cars and I can tell you the truck vipers are different than the real vipers.  Not that one is better, just different.  I prefer driving the real vipers vs. the truck vipers.  just my  :2cents:

agree, I've had all generations of Vipers and a RAM SRT10, the truck isn't my favorite, by far....

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008 - 06:43:40 PM »
 :sadwavey: I've never got to ride in one, my wife's boss took her for a nice lil ride one afternoon at her work, but he wouldn't let her drive it  :smilielol:  Smart man   :cheers:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger