Author Topic: What Could It Be?  (Read 4088 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: What Could It Be?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008 - 02:02:04 PM »
you're right Al, but speaking as a tech, without proper test equipment all you can do is throw out educated guesses.

This is where I noticed your special talents come into play. You are a piece of this group, and we have to count on your type of professional responses to help us through. Like a human scope, doctor JS27NOB :bigsmile:. I would assume you have conducted enough test and gathered enough knowledge that we can just ask Doc JS27 and he will respond with some very good advice :2thumbs:

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008 - 02:11:57 PM »
This is where I noticed your special talents come into play. You are a piece of this group, and we have to count on your type of professional responses to help us through. Like a human scope, doctor JS27NOB :bigsmile:. I would assume you have conducted enough test and gathered enough knowledge that we can just ask Doc JS27 and he will respond with some very good advice :2thumbs:

LOL, Bring the car a little closer to your internet connection.
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:18:38 PM »
Hope it is the fix for you.
A scope test would have revealed this as a faulty part to begin with. Sometimes it is better to get things done by a proffesional with the proper diagnostic equipment and save your self time and money down the road.

:iagree: Several years ago a local service station had an auction of their equipment after closing the business. My neighbor Bob still brings up being outbid for their Engine Analyzer and how it would have pinned things down in this case - as well as the other projects of mine that he's been involved with :misbehaving:

You are absolutely correct, but sometimes a wallet will not allow such expertise and the help and knowledge of friends and shade tree advice is all we have.

Glad it's up and running Russ :2thumbs: :woo:

Thanks Al :) This coincided with a week off from work for me and so that's exactly what happened. It's about time Russ got some grease on his elbows, lol :working:

:cheers:

Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008 - 10:58:14 PM »
:iagree: Several years ago a local service station had an auction of their equipment after closing the business. My neighbor Bob still brings up being outbid for their Engine Analyzer and how it would have pinned things down in this case - as well as the other projects of mine that he's been involved with :misbehaving:

I hate it when that happens. I bought a brake lathe at an auction and paid more than I wanted too. Next day when I priced what it was worth even for trade value I felt much better. :bananasmi
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008 - 11:31:05 PM »
Russ, I'm passing by your place (and Neils) tomorrow on my way down to mobile. I will HONK my horn when I go by. Wish I had time, but wanna get there before 2pm. I may wanna change motels. The have me staying for 30 days at an Americas best and i heard they are not real good. And since I booked 30 days on my american express, I wanna get there before they charge me for a day. I think thats 430 pm.

Glad you got your truck fixed  :bananasmi

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008 - 02:36:14 AM »
 :thumbsup: :wave:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002