Crime Rates (i need to vent)

Author Topic: Crime Rates (i need to vent)  (Read 3916 times)

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
Re: Crime Rates (i need to vent)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008 - 05:29:42 PM »
Sorry to hear of this kind of sh!t, she may be OK physically, but I can just imagine her emotional state. Thank goodnes she reacted as she did, it could have been much worse. There are low life scum bags in all communities no matter how big or small and no matter what part of the country. Someone mentioned pepper spray, yeah, it may slow them down, but it won't stop them. Especially when there are two of the b@stards. 10-1 they were out to steal money for drugs, it sure wasn't to help granny with her rent.

In Ohio we have a state conceal law, with the permit and training you can carry a concealed weapon. I'm not advocating violence, and you don't necessarily need to shoot to kill, but a little lead to their knee cap or higher will make them think again. Some will go off and scream about gun control, bullsh!t ! Your girlfriend could just as easily been raped or killed, and for what a few bucks in her purse? These kind of people.....................guess I better stop, I get so pissed off when I hear or read about stuff like this.

Glad you girlfriend is physically OK  :2thumbs:
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008 - 05:52:41 PM »
In Ohio we have a state conceal law, with the permit and training you can carry a concealed weapon. I'm not advocating violence, and you don't necessarily need to shoot to kill, but a little lead to their knee cap or higher will make them think again.

Someone else had mentioned pepper spray as well, and then commented that it could be taken and used against you. I think either is a good idea as long as you're mentally prepared to use them. With the people I've known who have been in similar situations that has made all the difference. Good luck, whatever you decide.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008 - 06:09:49 PM »
For the record, I was nowhere near North of Baltimore last night.  :misbehaving:

Want to try your luck South of Baltimore?   :eek7:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008 - 06:44:25 PM »
Dont worry, pepper spray is on the key chain now!

Mike, we were looking in "Relay, Md" its near the airport. That may be stop #2 in the home ownership tour.
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008 - 06:58:25 PM »
Sorry to hear about your GF. glad to hear shes alright...a little frightened no doubt. $ is replaceable and they'll get theirs one day. Count on it.

About a month ago, my buddies and I decided to go fishing on the bay. Well the charter boat was located deep in the middle of Richmond. Richmond is the equivalent of the bad side of Detroit here near Oakland..

We came to a stop sign and they (scary looking) started walking towards the car we were in like Night of the Living Dead.  :22yikes:

We got the hell out of there.  :burnout:

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008 - 06:59:08 PM »
Dont worry, pepper spray is on the key chain now!

Mike, we were looking in "Relay, Md" its near the airport. That may be stop #2 in the home ownership tour.

That puts you 11.5 miles from me.  :naughty: The Catonsville area in nice, but older in development. If you find a place with a 2 car garage, I'll pay you rent for one side, that will help with your mortgage.    :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008 - 07:24:59 PM »
Sorry for you and yours... :swear:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008 - 07:30:25 PM »
What a sad sad situation...............

Hope you and Karen can overcome the situation Buddy.   Seems living back where you were is looking like a palace right about now.
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008 - 07:58:25 PM »
I am glad she is OK.  I would recommend self defense classes and a tasar for both of you. A gun is good only if you really know how to use it.  Here in FL they give permits to people who don't know how to use them.  That can be more dangerous than the crooks!!!  I am for having one.  If you go carrying it w/o knowing how to really use it, you will put yourself at even more risk.
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008 - 08:17:39 PM »
Yep, i suppose we're just freaked out. this stuff happens everywhere.  :banghead:

Mek, you'll be the first guy to hear from me when i get a bigger garage.  :drunk:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008 - 08:30:47 PM »
Yep, i suppose we're just freaked out. this stuff happens everywhere. 

True, but it happens less the further you are from town. The low-lifes need to be closer to all the drugs and public services, and they can melt into the background of a city a lot easier. It may be worth finding a place further away from town and putting up with a longer drive in exchange for more safety and peace of mind.

BTW, I'm not saying that everyone that lives in the city is a low-life. I'm just saying that the low-lifes tend to prefer that environment because they can remain anonymous. In a small town, everyone knows you and your business, but its a small price to pay for safety and peace of mind.

Offline 70RAGTOPR/T

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008 - 09:33:41 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your GF, is she alright.  By the way where in Bmore did this happen?  Ihave family members that live in Bmore and in the surrounding counties.  Again I hope your GF is alright.

Offline DoNotChallengeHer

• Resident
  • Drive It Like You Stole It !
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008 - 10:03:55 PM »
Sorry to hear about this. I glad your girlfriend is ok. Good to hear she has some pepper spray. Shelby has one too. The self defense course sounds like a great idea. My brother showed Shelby a lot. He's a Marine. There are a lot of things women carry that can be used to defend yourself.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008 - 10:41:50 PM »
Wow Wally,
I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend and home situation. I say a get taser or Smith & Wesson. Glad she was not physically hurt. It really doesn't matter where you live anymore, although there are some areas that have much higher crimes rates than others. You could live on top of a cactus plant in the middle of the Texas desert and somone would drop in on you from a helicoptor just to steal your watch. :stomp: Point in case, I live in Portsmouth, VA which isn't one of the nicer areas of VA. It ranks maybe 2nd in the state of VA for murder. The state capital of Richmond VA is also the state's murder capitol. Go figure!! My sister-in-law lives in a nice area of VA Beach and took occassion to poke at my wife (her sister) about crime (as we just had a vehicle broken into in front of our home) in Portsmouth and how nice it is where she lives in VA Beach. Well, about a month later HER vehicle was broken into in HER driveway and just a few streets over from her, a retired navy commander was shop in his driveway during a robbery attempt!! Where do you think the thugs go looking for stuff to steal?? The slums or the upscale neighborhoods?? I carry & my home is armed. I read a story this week where a Pizza Hut delivery driver was robbed at gunpoint (actually had the gun stuck in his face) and he had a concealed permit, shop the robber 3 times (who lived) and the CEO of Pizza Hut responded that this wasn't condoned by Pizza Hut and he was terminated!! Maybe the CEO needs to have a gun stuck in his face!! It was all about the liability!! :money: He who desires peace prepares for war!! Hope you find a better living situation!! You'll be in our prayers!! :angelwings:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008 - 11:17:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about that whole incident, but it's good to hear they didn't do anything else to her.  I know what you're talking about as my sister and brother-in-law were on the East side of Madison for the past three years.  Let's just say the neighborhood isn't too friendly (well, maybe three or four households were okay).  Fortunately, with a new child on the way they decided to look elsewhere for residence and managed to find and purchase another house in a night/day kind of neighborhood (out of the city & more settled, responsible families).  I'm glad they found a place in that area as the last time I was up visiting her we had a couple derelicts messing around the property most of the night. :villagers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin