How is your spring weather doing where you are?

Author Topic: How is your spring weather doing where you are?  (Read 11113 times)

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: How is your spring weather doing where you are?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008 - 08:52:07 PM »
I am in eastern Virginia. It has gotten a little warmer, but lately it's been typical March....windy, cool and rain. My car club had a show & shine two weeks ago. That Friday it was almost 80 degrees and sunny. Saturday was 49 degrees, cloudy, windy and cold. The show was a bleak turnout & I forgot my camera. (Sorry Hemikin) Typical up & down VA weather. We finally saw the sun today after 5 days of drizzle, wind and rain. I actually took out the Challenger & washed it!! :bigsmile:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Bullitt-

• Permanent Resident
  • Better Things To Come Member Since 2/16/06
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008 - 09:11:08 PM »
Like Moparal said nice & warm here in the Sunny South....but just to make yous guys feel better we're due a bout of Dogwood Winter early next week......35-55 temps
Wade  73 Rallye 340..'77 Millennium Falcon...13 R/T Classic   Huntsville, AL
Screwed by Photobucket!

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008 - 09:29:02 PM »
Sunny and 70 today, but this weekend will be back in the 40's. :swear:

Tom :drunk:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008 - 09:37:55 PM »
Like Moparal said nice & warm here in the Sunny South....but just to make yous guys feel better we're due a bout of Dogwood Winter early next week......35-55 temps

I will be in Mobile, so I may not get to feel it :2thumbs:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008 - 09:48:26 PM »
It's just raining here in the southwestern edge of Wisconsin.  My parents sent me a couple photos from I believe two days ago showing this:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008 - 09:58:50 PM »
Well, it WAS up around 70 here in SE Michigan, but it is chilly and raining now - This weekend is only supposed to be in the 40's, with a chance of snow. 

Ah, you can't complain about it though - Spring is here, and we've made it through another difficult Winter!  (I'm thinking positive, because I put up the snowblower yesterday)

-Tom

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008 - 10:30:10 PM »
Well, it WAS up around 70 here in SE Michigan, but it is chilly and raining now - This weekend is only supposed to be in the 40's, with a chance of snow. 

Ah, you can't complain about it though - Spring is here, and we've made it through another difficult Winter!  (I'm thinking positive, because I put up the snowblower yesterday)

-Tom

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008 - 12:30:14 AM »
Last weekend was great, Sunday was near 70° and that afternoon I got the car out for what was probably the earliest I have ever taken it out of hibernation!  I headed over toward my friend George's place where he returned after taking his Dart GT  'vert out for a early spin.
I still feel some remorse for not putting the top down.  I was on a tight schedule and didn't want to deal with snapping the several dozen clips on the boot in place. :banghead:
After I got home I did a quick oil change to get the winter storage oil out of there and put the car away, ready to go to the first local car show this coming Sunday (WPC show Elmhurst IL).
Now they are saying it will only get into the 40's this Sunday with some flurries early.  So much for taking the car to the show. :crying:
Maybe the weather will be nice enough to get the car out again this month, maybe not.  That's spring in Chicago for ya............

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008 - 01:01:12 AM »
Warm here 71 today Thrusday in southern IL. But only 59 on Friday and 46 on Saturday and Sunday. Wish this weather would make up it's mind to be spring or winter.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008 - 10:09:42 AM »
81 today, been in the upper 70's for 2 weeks. I didnt tell anyone, but Wife , myself, and my great nephew, 90 days old was caught in a tornado here a few days ago. We did ok, but everything around us was torn up. They are still cleaning up, installing roofs, cutting trees away off houses, and fixing gas lines.   But nice weather today....WINDY THOUGH :banghead:

Man, Al i'm glad you and yours are ok, not a thing on the local news about that and i'm barely a couple hundred miles away!!

I took these a few days ago before the azaleas and dogwoods around my house dropped their flowers :picture:
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008 - 10:34:29 AM »
Here in Oslo, Norway, it's 48.9 °F / 9.4 °C, and starting to look like spring now, but we could still get assaulted by snowfall.
Lot of people had changed to summer tires two weeks ago, which turned out to be a bit early.
A friend of mine's husband was one of those who had changed too early, and paid the price by hitting the safety barrier twice with his car.

Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008 - 12:40:11 PM »
Well this past week in my part of Ohio has been very nice, basically low to mid 70's for highs and low to mid 40's for lows..............but it's about to change...............for the worse. Predicting possible severe thunderstorms with high winds, then turning cold with lows below freezing.  We had planned to make a long weekend of it, get away like we do on occasion, were planning on leaving tonight or tormorrow morning, but guess we'll wait and see what this weather is going to do. The anniversary weekend may just be snuggled up in front of the fireplace with some wine, actually that don't sound too bad, but I know Pam was looking forward to a couple days down at Burr Oak Lodge, we see ?
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline matt63

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008 - 12:52:26 PM »
Typical Alberta weather...I got caught in a freak snow storm in Calgary yesterday.  We got 2/3 of a foot of wet snow and it took me 2 hours to get to the office.  This weekend it should be 20C!
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008 - 01:17:38 PM »
Clear and low 80's this weekend in Sacramento, supposed to be back in the 70's next week. Good painting weather
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008 - 02:01:31 PM »
They just closed our county schools a minute ago, funnel clouds spotted, straight high winds and we are under a tornado watch. Like 79 out today and windy, gonna get cooler this weekend.