Some interesting e body reading on another site

Author Topic: Some interesting e body reading on another site  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Some interesting e body reading on another site
« on: April 12, 2008 - 01:50:44 PM »
I was getting a kick reading this post.  I guess were all snobs of some sort :bigsmile:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4350030&an=0&page=0#Post4350030

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Some interesting e body reading on another site
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008 - 04:27:46 PM »
The link didn't work for me since I don't belong to Moparts.   :walkaway:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008 - 04:39:47 PM »
I've told this story elsewhere here, but about 10 years ago I was a last minute addition to a wedding of a friend from grad school. He introduced me to the best man, who owned a 70 440-6 Challenger (clone, I think, but I'm not sure). We talked about his car, I praised it, he soaked up the praise, then he asked me what I had. I told him I owned a 73 Challenger, originally a 318, and he snickered and walked away.  :villagers:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008 - 05:20:00 PM »
I couldn't see it either, and my usewrname and password for Moparts doesn't seem to work anymore.  Can you fill us in Moparal?

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008 - 05:34:12 PM »
Yeah moparts has made it so you must be signed in to visit the general section now, Privacy stuff as I recall.    The post is about a guy saying he was being snubbed by a guy driving an E body like he was above everyone else. And it was going on for 4 pages as I think you can imagine some of the yes and no postings.

Is there a way I can copy a page to my computer and post a page at a time here?  People seem to think we (e body people) are above the rest in mopars, I have never felt this way and I didnt post anything in this particular post.

What can I do to show a page?

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:30:51 PM »
Al buddy-

Click and hold and highlight the text that you want.  Probably only a couple of paragraphs at a time.  Then right click on the highlited area, and select "copy"

Then come here, and right click in the reply box, and select "paste"

Should work.  Maybe put it in quotes so we dont think its you.   :bigsmile:

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:44:32 PM »
I got it for you Al.

1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:47:05 PM »
Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all) 
Butt F Ugly
Wagoneer

Reged: Oct 06 2007
Loc: Toronto Ontario   Snubed by a E body Owner??
      #4350030 - Fri Apr 11 2008 07:29 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Out for a boot in the lowly F wagon and caught a Cuda pulling in to fuel, uturn and I was there parked right behind him, got out and praised the car ( looked fresh out of paint? ) Should I be a little ticked that the dude did not have the time of day for me? The wagon ain't nothing special but damb it's a Mopar and the dude did not give it a glance!! Never seen the Cuda here, paint not far off from the colour of the wagon.
Rant over.
If by chance the owner is a member, PM me with the reason you dissed me.

Post Extras:           

19swinger70
super gas

Reged: Jan 20 2003
Loc: West Harrison, Indiana   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350054 - Fri Apr 11 2008 07:39 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

maybe the guy was in a hurry OR he was out beating the car to blow off some steam after a bad day? i've been guilty of that before.... sometimes people are "in their heads" when you are trying to strike up a convo.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/19swinger70
1970 340 swinger. sublime
1967 barracuda fastback BB project

Post Extras:           

5spdcuda
super street

Reged: Nov 21 2004
Loc: S. Il. U.S.A.   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350070 - Fri Apr 11 2008 07:43 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Anyone can have an "off" day, on the other hand owning a Mopar doesn't automatically qualify a person for membership in the human race. Some people are jerks no matter what they drive.

--------------------

'72 Cuda 365 cid. 5-speed

Post Extras:           

65BelvJim
master

Reged: Dec 28 2003
Loc: Phoenix - surface of the sun   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 5spdcuda]
      #4350093 - Fri Apr 11 2008 07:52 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone can have an "off" day, on the other hand owning a Mopar doesn't automatically qualify a person for membership in the human race. Some people are jerks no matter what they drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say your were snubbed by a guy who happens to own an E body.

--------------------

Post Extras:           

Butt F Ugly
Wagoneer

Loc: Toronto Ontario   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 19swinger70]
      #4350097 - Fri Apr 11 2008 07:54 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

maybe the guy was in a hurry OR he was out beating the car to blow off some steam after a bad day? i've been guilty of that before.... sometimes people are "in their heads" when you are trying to strike up a convo.

Good answer!! I'll get over it, been a long winter.

Post Extras:           

feets
Banannarama

Loc: Irving, TX   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350099 - Fri Apr 11 2008 07:55 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Maybe he was snobby.
Perhaps preoccupied?

Could be taht he doesn't recognize a wagon as a car of interest.

You never know with some people.

--------------------
1965 Belvedere. fuel injected twin turbocharged 440.

Have you seen the twin turbo 440 page?

Post Extras:           

Crocker

Reged: Feb 03 2006
Loc: Newfoundland   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350107 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:00 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I pulled into a gas station last fall. There was a kid in an old warlock filling up too. I walked over to him and praised up his truck. He shrugged and walked away to the station. I was driving a 70 440 plum crazy gran coupe. I guess it depends on your mood. I wasn't insulted

Post Extras:           

RJS
top fuel

Loc: ny   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350108 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:00 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Out for a boot in the lowly F wagon and caught a Cuda pulling in to fuel, uturn and I was there parked right behind him, got out and praised the car ( looked fresh out of paint? ) Should I be a little ticked that the dude did not have the time of day for me? The wagon ain't nothing special but damb it's a Mopar and the dude did not give it a glance!! Never seen the Cuda here, paint not far off from the colour of the wagon.
Rant over.

Just because you have a Mopar doesn't mean you guys will be instant friends. The main reason I'll never join a Mopar car club again. Also as mentioned it may have been the guy had limited time or was just out to be alone or he doesn't find anything special about your car! Pick one, you weren't being dissed you were an inconvience to him. 

Post Extras:           

NASBackyard
super gas

Reged: Jan 21 2003
Loc: Woodbridge,CA   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: feets]
      #4350115 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:03 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Just replace his car with say, a Camaro, and see if you feel the same way.

--------------------
Your Ego is not your Amigo.]
www.cardomain.com/ride/2664708[/url]
http://www.myspace.com/nasbackyard

Post Extras:           

Quote:
---------------
1969 Sport Satellite H code convertible, 1970 Cuda 440+6, 1970 Challenger R/T 440+6, 1970 Challenger 383 R/T auto, 1970 Challenger R/T 383 4 speed,1971 Challenger convertible.

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:49:32 PM »
Butt F Ugly
Wagoneer

Loc: Toronto Ontario   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: NASBackyard]
      #4350150 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:19 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Just replace his car with say, a Camaro, and see if you feel the same way.

I did not pull up on the dude in a Camery or a Civic, Camaro or Cuda don't ya think we share the same joy of keeping some history alive 

Post Extras:           

SUPERSTOCKRACER
master

Reged: Jun 17 2006
Loc: North Salem,NY 10560   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350186 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:33 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

maybe he knows your MOPARTS screen name!!!! just kidding-never saw it before on the board-it rocks.
i own a e body or 2 and never snubbed anyone who praised my cars.
dont sweat the small stuff. 

Post Extras:           

Barry70GTX
enthusiast

Reged: Aug 08 2004
Loc: Seminole County FL   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350188 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:33 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

yes I heard the joke also

Edited by 69DartGT (Fri Apr 11 2008 10:42 PM)

Post Extras:           

basketcase
addict

Reged: Sep 03 2003
Loc: Eastern Ohio   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Barry70GTX]
      #4350219 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:43 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I had the same thing happen with a younger guy with a '70 road runner. I was in my
Charger R/T. I stopped at the parts store, and saw the car. The runner gets out varey little. I praised his car, and he barely mumbled thanks.like others have said, your guy might have had a rough day. I've done that, gone out in the car to blow off steam. on the other hand, owning a mopar doesn't make us buddies.

--------------------
Dave
1969 plymouth road runner post 383 4 speed waiting for F8
1969 Plymouth road runner 440 4 speed RIP 1969- 6/27/2007
1986 Dodge W100 318 auto

http://www.69Roadrunner.org

Post Extras:           

anhourlater
super stock

Reged: Dec 16 2005
Loc: ct USA   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: feets]
      #4350242 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:50 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I would not just assume he was a snob because he had no interest in your wagon . did he thank you for the compliments on his E-body?
now I can understand you being upset because he showed no interest in the wagon for personal reasons. but to say at least its a Mopar is no reason for him to want to get into an indepth conversation with you because you are both driving a Mopar . who knows he might not like Mopars in general but likes Cudas.

Post Extras:           

Hotwheelsjr
Moparts Mod

Reged: Nov 06 2003
Loc: AZ   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: basketcase]
      #4350245 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:52 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I can see this from both sides -- although I love everything Mopar, I would not kneel down and bow in praise and then drool all over a K-car just because it's a Mopar. If I'm in a hurry, I acknowledge your interest and hold a conversation until I have to split -- I wouldn't "diss" anyone regardless of what their driving, a Mopar or otherwise. I appreciate the compliments, but there's a time and place for everything. 

--------------------

Post Extras:           

Exit1965
top fuel

Reged: Jul 31 2003
Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: basketcase]
      #4350252 - Fri Apr 11 2008 08:54 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

There are some people out there who don't really know much about mopars, but have some $$$ so they pick one up. He may not be much of a car guy and even know what you were driving or that they were somehow very distantly related.

I don't know what your wagon looks like (I can guess from your screen name), but if I saw someone in a mopar pay me a compliment I would at least ask if he were into mopars and acknowledge what he's driving.

Although a shiny freshly painted E body next to a possibly beat up wagon, there isn't exactly a whole lot in common there unless you're a mopar diehard.

Post Extras:           

Limecuda
super gas

Reged: Jan 19 2003
Loc: Silsbee,Tx   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350349 - Fri Apr 11 2008 09:20 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

So if I'm at a gas station and a guy in say a Civic compliments my car I'm obligated to respond in kind?

Post Extras:           

dustergirl340
"Miss Mighty Mopar"

Reged: Sep 20 2004
Loc: Motor City Michigan   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350380 - Fri Apr 11 2008 09:31 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I'm nice to everyone who pays my car a compliment...even if they are in a Chevy minivan. 

Post Extras:           

66GG1TnC
mopar addict

Reged: Sep 20 2005
Loc: Ridgecrest, Ca.   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: dustergirl340]
      #4350554 - Fri Apr 11 2008 10:25 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Try being a "Doner Owner" sometime.....

"Hey I'll give you $500 for it...I'm building a <insert popular B or E body here> clone and I need the driveline"

The whole time the guy sounds like he's doing me a favor 

--------------------
Rob
'64 Chrysler 300
'64 Chrysler New Yorker
'66 Chrysler Town & Country
'47 Farmall H
Ridgecrest Ca.

C-Body's...they're not just engine donors anymore!!!

Post Extras:           

jrwoodjoe
super gas

Reged: Aug 23 2004
Loc: Tenn.   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 66GG1TnC]
      #4350578 - Fri Apr 11 2008 10:33 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I have an E-body and an A-body. Lately, I have been snubbing myself. I've been spending all my time working on the Challenger and not giving any attention to the A-Body 'Cuda. Man, I really make myself mad I don't deserve that kind of treatment from myself.

Just kidding. Hopefully, he had a bad day. (Not that I hope anyone has a bad day but you know what I mean.) Sorry, he didn't show more interest in your ride. Mopar guys and girls need to stick together.

Joe

--------------------

65 Barracuda
70 Challenger

Post Extras:           

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:51:01 PM »
Hotwheelsjr
Moparts Mod

Reged: Nov 06 2003
Loc: AZ   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: jrwoodjoe]
      #4350606 - Fri Apr 11 2008 10:44 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

I have an E-body and an A-body. Lately, I have been snubbing myself. I've been spending all my time working on the Challenger and not giving any attention to the A-Body 'Cuda. Man, I really make myself mad I don't deserve that kind of treatment from myself.

Dude...I feel the same way right now with my son's B body and my two A bodies -- the RR has gotten all the attention lately. I haven't even started my Demon in about 2-3 months. Sad... 

--------------------

Post Extras:           

challenger70
super street

Reged: Mar 06 2003
Loc: Berwyn, IL   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Barry70GTX]
      #4350609 - Fri Apr 11 2008 10:46 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

So you found out what the difference is between a porcupine and an E body.

...hey wait a minute....

Quote:

Try being a "Doner Owner" sometime.....

Were not all jerks just most of us ...probably someone that wouldn't know another Mopar besides a Cuda if it bit him in the [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean]. These are the types giving us E-body folk a bad rep...

--------------------
'70 440/727/8.75 FY1 Challenger
'68 383/4 speed/8.75 B5 Blue Charger
http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd208/rhusak/?action=view¤t=P3160471.flv

Post Extras:           

Logan426
super stock

Reged: Aug 17 2005
Loc: ILL   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350639 - Fri Apr 11 2008 10:55 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Rant over.

Great screen name, first time I've seen it as well. Don't sweat it. He was pissed because you
pulled up in the wagon and took his glory.

logan426

Post Extras:           

HPMike
top fuel

Reged: May 11 2005
Loc: NJ-USA   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350670 - Fri Apr 11 2008 11:10 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I suppose the polite thing to do is to acknowledge someone who is kind enough to engage in friendly conversation., but...

Maybe he was worried about paying his mortgage, or just put his dog down, or just got laid off. Or any host of other reasons that he didn't want to engage you in conversation. Or maybe he is like some people who are a little shy and generally uncomfortable talking to random people they meet in the street. Any number of possibilities.

Look at it another way. Let's say, for the sake of argument, he thought your car sucked. Would the best response be to:

A) Blow smoke up your azz in a patronizing fashion and BS you about your car, while he is secretly thinking it's a lowly F body.

B) Tell you to get lost and tell you he only talks to people that have R or V code cars.

If it were me, I wouldn't want anyone to patronize me in a phony manner. I hate that. I would rather that they say little or nothing. I could care less what someone else is driving or owns, I prefer to keep to myself.

--------------------
Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.

Post Extras:           

MonGoose
master

Loc: Corydon, Indiana   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: jrwoodjoe]
      #4350730 - Fri Apr 11 2008 11:25 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

well i dunno about all this, firstyly, if I'm not in the mood to Mopar, then well i just drive my Dakota (daily, and when its nasty or I'm just not into getting attention.

On the other hand if I wanna Mopar all night long or whatever, I get in the Challenger and go. It's amazing how much i notice that other people notice. most of the time i get out i get a load of attention, I expect it now. So I keep up. granted something else away from the car could happen while I'm out and I'm pissed on my way home but thats not common.

--------------------
1974 Dodge Challenger 360

Post Extras:           

2Bad360sfromNC
mopar addict

Reged: Sep 25 2006
Loc: Raleighwood   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: MonGoose]
      #4350842 - Fri Apr 11 2008 11:57 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Honestly, I got more attention in my fo'do' Valiant than I do in my Challenger. Most people call my car a Cuda or worse, a Camaro! haha. I'm my car's worst critic--I know I can't paint worth a flip. I know I can't afford a $600 dash pad, so it has a cap. Stuff like that that I would love to fix, but just can't swing it. Unless I got somewhere to be, I'm pretty much always up for a Mopar conversation. I pretty much like any RWD Mopar, and a few FWD's too, so I wouldn't ever snub anyone on account of what they're driving. I'm fortunate to have a Challenger, even if it isn't the most pristine example. I saved my money and got a deal on it before the market went crazy. I did all the work (good or bad) myself. My vehicle doesn't give me a right to be a jerk. Neither does anyone else's--some people are just jerks period.

--------------------
1974 Challenger 360
2001 Dakota 5.9 R/T
1966 Valiant /6--RIP

Post Extras:           

MRVCODE
pro stock

Reged: Jan 08 2006
Loc: usa   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 65BelvJim]
      #4350891 - Sat Apr 12 2008 12:14 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

You need to lighten up,life is too short.

Post Extras:           

68Killerbee
super street

Reged: Jan 25 2004
Loc: o'fallon, missouri   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: MRVCODE]
      #4350902 - Sat Apr 12 2008 12:22 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

in my car i'll try to talk to anyone that wants to. but like someone said i have taken my car out on many occasions just because i needed toget away from it all. another thing is when im going to school or somewhere else and people wanna talk about my car but i gotta go. there just isnt time to talk.

--------------------

20 year's old
1968 Super Bee 383-4spd 1st car
Dad's- 68 GTX convertible 440-4spd (1st car)
1973 Charger 400-4speed

Post Extras:           

dart4forte
master

Reged: Feb 01 2003
Loc: Yakganistan, WA   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4350989 - Sat Apr 12 2008 01:05 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Rant over.

Nice Camero!!!!!

Post Extras:           

quick77rt
top fuel

Reged: Oct 29 2006
Loc: Ellijay, Ga   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 68Killerbee]
      #4350993 - Sat Apr 12 2008 01:07 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I wouldnt worry about it, maybe hes just pizzed because he has 90k in a 40k car with the market the way it is.

Who knows the reason, id not even think twice. I myself wouldnt of spent the time looking at it, ok another e-body, a mopar...no reason to get wood over it or beg to make another arrogant friend.

Post Extras:           

CrAlt
master

Reged: Jan 23 2003
Loc: Waterbury, CT   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: MRVCODE]
      #4351046 - Sat Apr 12 2008 02:17 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

I only get dirty looks from prius types or smack talk from chevy/ricers. I dont need reassurance from others. 

--------------------
'69 Cor0net 383v4 U-toob
'72 Dart 225
'91 D150 318
'92 XJ 4.oh

Post Extras:           

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:52:50 PM »
GreenBlurr
super gas

Reged: Feb 23 2003
Loc: Renton, WA   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: CrAlt]
      #4351067 - Sat Apr 12 2008 02:40 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Quote:

I only get dirty looks from prius types or smack talk from chevy/ricers. I dont need reassurance from others. 

That reminds me. A couple months ago, i was getting onto the freeway in the challenger, and I notice a prius is coming down teh right hand lane a long side the onramp. Well, I merge myself in in front of him, and then let the car coast down a bit so he comes right up on my tail, and then nailed the seconadries  . Gave that hippy a nice cloud of 100 octane heaven

Gas was made to be burned.

--------------------
1970 Challenger R/T 500" stroker/727, 4.10sg.--8.2 Litre Tire-Eater.
1984 Dodge w250 Pickup 360/727, 3.54sg--old blue
1978 Dodge Aspen R/T SUper Pak 360/727, 3.55sg, Black on red,--Disco Muscle.

Post Extras:           

1_WILD_RT
El Conquistador

Reged: Jan 15 2004
Loc: Modesto California   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: GreenBlurr]
      #4351082 - Sat Apr 12 2008 03:17 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

So if I don't respond to this thread does that mean I snubbed ya? But now I have responded even though I might not have anything useful to add at least I haven't snubbed ya...  BTW I saw a picture of your wagon in another thread...That car is BFugly..I hope this isn't construed as a snub....

Post Extras:           

Not_A_Duster
master

Reged: Jun 03 2003
Loc: Pilot Butte, SK Canada.   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4351086 - Sat Apr 12 2008 03:24 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I have found that so - called "mopar guys" as a whole have changed a lot over the past decade. What used to be a tight-knit circle of DIY car guys who would go out of their way to lend each other a hand has been largely over-run by richie - rich types who spend all of their time comparing numbers and paint daubs and looking down their noses at the grassroots of the hobby.

Franky these days, I'd almost rather hang with the brand "X" guys - at least they are having fun. And when they are ripping on others, it's usually from competitive standpoint, instead of stabbing each other in the back.

--------------------
....evil is winning....

Post Extras:           

Butt F Ugly
Wagoneer

Loc: Toronto Ontario   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 1_WILD_RT]
      #4351133 - Sat Apr 12 2008 06:20 AM Attachment (1 downloads)   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

So if I don't respond to this thread does that mean I snubbed ya? But now I have responded even though I might not have anything useful to add at least I haven't snubbed ya...  BTW I saw a picture of your wagon in another thread...That car is BFugly..I hope this isn't construed as a snub....

Do not feel snubbed at all 1 WILD RT and thanks for the compilment on the wagon. I take great pride in the uglyness of my wagon.
Jeff

Post Extras:           

BigMoneyLewis
super stock

Reged: Aug 17 2004
Loc: Alabama   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4351216 - Sat Apr 12 2008 08:16 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

In this day and age , anytime you drive something older,if it's nice, you get comments everytime you go anywhere. I don't have anything up and going right now, but when I did, it's always nice to hear those compliments . Sometimes the comments are a bit "off the wall" . Here is a true story. About 7 years ago I went to the grocery store . I was in a '75 Hurst / Olds .
(sorry, I was a flipper back in the day) This older guy, probably 70, approaches me in the frozen food isle while I was contemplating some frozen spagetti . "Hey, is that good spagetti ?"
he askes . I don't know , I have never had it before, I respond. Then he comes at me with, "hey , I saw you pull up out in the parking lot..nice car" thanks, I say . "I used to have one just like it " he informs me. I'm thinking, ok, maybe he had a 75 Cutlass or whatever, but I doubt he had an H/O , but I simply nod my head, smile and say , oh really . He then goes on the tell me, " you never will guess what happened to mine" "It came out of gear and rolled down the hill into the river" Then he tells me about these cabins he has for rent. etc.
Now, about 6 months latter, I am in my Curious Yellow 71 GTX, at the gas station, when the same old man approches me and says "Nice car, I used to have on just like it. You never will guess what happened to it . It rolled down the hill into the river" . Then he starts in about those cabins for rent again. I thought he was trying to pick me up at the grocery store, but I was certain
the second time at the gas station. The "Nice car,
I used to have one just like it," was his icebreaker to start a conversation.
I get a good laugh everytime I think about that .

Greg

Wards Classic Car Radio Repair Specializing in restoration and sales of Mopar A B E body radios
We can restore YOUR radio usually in less than 7 days
Visit our NEW website..
http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com
gregward@mchsi.com
phone 256-852-0955

Post Extras:           

rallye72
super stock

Reged: May 04 2005
Loc: In the pen   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4351269 - Sat Apr 12 2008 09:00 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

The whole E-body owner thing is kinda funny, I liked them better when I could pick them up as $200 beater cars. Really there is nothing to be snobby about. Anyone that praises how great an E-body is never restored one from the ground up. I'm on Challenger #4 and I shake my head as I start stripping it. I've owned mine for almost 22 years and I've logged more miles on my Dart that I've owned for 4 years.

--------------------

Post Extras:           

Giggy
master

Loc: Macomb, MI   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4351322 - Sat Apr 12 2008 09:45 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

don't worry about it. I get snubbed by f body owners all the time in my Duster...damn economy car!

Post Extras:           

Ark

Reged: Mar 15 2008
Loc: Indianapolis, IN   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Giggy]
      #4351333 - Sat Apr 12 2008 09:52 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Some people are just snobby. All car guys should treat one another with respect, because there's too many people gunning for us right now to be alienating each other. 

--------------------
1987 Fifth Ave

Post Extras:           

chrisf
master

Reged: Jan 19 2003
Loc: British Columbia   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Ark]
      #4351344 - Sat Apr 12 2008 10:02 AM Attachment (0 downloads)   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

snubbed? try building a truck!!
i sold this.

and another 71 challenger and built this. i get snubbed everytime i talk about it. lol i think i have even snubbed myself

Post Extras:           

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:54:22 PM »
Giggy
master

Loc: Macomb, MI   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: chrisf]
      #4351356 - Sat Apr 12 2008 10:09 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

(love the truck)

shhh don't want anyone hearing me!

(really, I love the truck) 

Post Extras:           

Fluffy
DaKojak

Loc: New Baltimore, Mi   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4351368 - Sat Apr 12 2008 10:17 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Never had a problem with an E body owner. However, those A body owners really like to kick you when you're down. 

--------------------

Post Extras:           

getitgone

Reged: Mar 28 2008
Loc: Alberta Canada   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: rallye72]
      #4351396 - Sat Apr 12 2008 10:29 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

The whole E-body owner thing is kinda funny, I liked them better when I could pick them up as $200 beater cars. Really there is nothing to be snobby about. Anyone that praises how great an E-body is never restored one from the ground up. I'm on Challenger #4 and I shake my head as I start stripping it. I've owned mine for almost 22 years and I've logged more miles on my Dart that I've owned for 4 years.

This might make you laugh...I have loved every Mopar I have had/driven/fixed from the late 40's grain truck to the '06 minivan and everything in between, however back in the day, the only reason my particular group of friends bought/fixed up Challengers and Cudas was so our girlfriends had a Mopar to drive too.  We called them girl cars. Not trying to diss the E body guys or the Mopar women out there, it is just thats the way it was for us.

--------------------
My email is parts@krisiesmopes.com

Post Extras:           

CJK440
master

Loc: Conn, near New Haven   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Fluffy]
      #4351398 - Sat Apr 12 2008 10:32 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

"I told Suzie her skirt looked pretty but that little tramp didn't even notice my new shoes!!!"

Post Extras:           

gomangoRTSE
mopar addict

Reged: Apr 21 2005
Loc: west kentucky   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 65BelvJim]
      #4351436 - Sat Apr 12 2008 10:56 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Quote:

I would say 65Belv had an accurate statement.

Post Extras:           

pruitsbird

Reged: Feb 12 2008
Loc: West BY GOD Virginia   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 65BelvJim]
      #4351452 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:04 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Money has brought snobbery into the hobby. Many people new to the hobby with high end muscle cars look down upon "lower cars". Fact

Post Extras:           

Giggy
master

Loc: Macomb, MI   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Fluffy]
      #4351466 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:08 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Never had a problem with an E body owner. However, those A body owners really like to kick you when you're down. 

Ok pal, is it go time?

Us lil ole A body owners get kicked around by even the lowly Dakota owners!

Post Extras:           

Fluffy
DaKojak

Loc: New Baltimore, Mi   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Giggy]
      #4351495 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:22 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Quote:

Ok pal, is it go time?

Some A bodies are so slow, by the time they get to a cruise or show.. it's over..

*cough* GIGGY *cough* 

--------------------

Post Extras:           

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:55:37 PM »
dustergirl340
"Miss Mighty Mopar"

Loc: Motor City Michigan   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Fluffy]
      #4351498 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:24 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

And some Dakotas are so junky, they fall apart 1 mile into the cruise. ahahaha

Post Extras:           

Fluffy
DaKojak

Loc: New Baltimore, Mi   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: dustergirl340]
      #4351504 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:25 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

And some Dakota's are so junky, they fall apart 1 mile into the cruise. ahahaha

Better a cruise than a track. 

--------------------

Post Extras:           

dustergirl340
"Miss Mighty Mopar"

#4351511 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:27 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

yeah yeah, I still made it home........barely. 

Post Extras:           

Fluffy
DaKojak

Loc: New Baltimore, Mi   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: dustergirl340]
      #4351513 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:29 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

yeah yeah, I still made it home........barely. 

So did I, but it would've been unnoticed if someone didn't take pictures.   

--------------------

Post Extras:           

getitgone

Reged: Mar 28 2008
Loc: Alberta Canada   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: pruitsbird]
      #4351514 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:30 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Quote:

Money has brought snobbery into the hobby. Many people new to the hobby with high end muscle cars look down upon "lower cars". Fact

No bull...It used to be haha you drive a POS Dodge now gone to WOW, you have a Superbee?? How much you want for it??

--------------------
My email is parts@krisiesmopes.com

Post Extras:           

dustergirl340
"Miss Mighty Mopar"

#4351515 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:30 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

So did I, but it would've been unnoticed if someone didn't take pictures.   

I love those pictures.

and I can only hope and pray nothing happens to my car on the next cruise or I will NEVER hear the end of it. 

Post Extras:           

jpilone
Post Killer #1

Reged: Feb 27 2006
Loc: Delray Beach, Florida   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4351526 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:36 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Maybe he bought it a B-J and tried to "flip" it and realized he paid top dollar for it!

--------------------
-Jarrod Pilone
Jarrod's Convertible Thread

Post Extras:           

gts340swinger
pro stock

Reged: Aug 28 2006
Loc: Kingston, IL USA!   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: jpilone]
      #4351553 - Sat Apr 12 2008 11:54 AM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Butt Ugly, Don't worry, the e-body guy probably knew your car was better, faster, stronger than his car. E-bodies are becoming a bit like corvettes, same owners.

--------------------
They stopped making old cars 25 years ago.

85 Haro Master, 82 Mongoose Supergoose, 86 Haro...oh, wrong board.

Post Extras:           

Uncle Barry
enthusiast

Reged: Oct 13 2007
Loc: Big Western Pencilveinya   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: gts340swinger]
      #4351567 - Sat Apr 12 2008 12:00 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Butt Ugly, Don't worry, the e-body guy probably knew your car was better, faster, stronger than his car. E-bodies are becoming a bit like corvettes, same owners.

i dont snub anybody. 

--------------------

Post Extras:           

calmopar
Regular Guy

Loc: East Bay, N. Cal.   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Uncle Barry]
      #4351569 - Sat Apr 12 2008 12:01 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

This thread shows more insecurity than genuine snobbery by rich new-to-Mopar e-Body owners.

--------------------

Post Extras:           

amxautox
Retired. No Job. No Boss. Lots of Posts. And A Dog.

Reged: May 13 2003
Loc: The Dog House, Maple Valley Wa   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4351589 - Sat Apr 12 2008 12:10 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

BTW I saw a picture of your wagon in another thread...That car is BFugly..I hope this isn't construed as a snub....

Do not feel snubbed at all 1 WILD RT and thanks for the compilment on the wagon. I take great pride in the uglyness of my wagon.
Jeff

Gee, that looks just like Lomparwagon's car.

Does it still smoke?

--------------------
Tom, the VP of the MPM in WA. ST.

"I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it."

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on.
- Robert Bloch"

Post Extras:           

238KBTU

Reged: Nov 04 2007
Loc: California sucks   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: amxautox]
      #4351614 - Sat Apr 12 2008 12:16 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Whats an E body?
(just kidding )

--------------------

440 4spd

Post Extras:           

anhourlater
super stock

Reged: Dec 16 2005
Loc: ct USA   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: 238KBTU]
      #4351869 - Sat Apr 12 2008 02:47 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

this thread is a prime example of the corvette mentality that has overtaken the mopar scene .

whining because another mopar owner doesnt acknowledge your car?

corvette people do this!!

chevy folks dont do this !!

Ford folks dont do this!!

this is why Chevy and Ford folks also dont like Corvette folks and nowdays they dont like Mopar folks because you act as if you are a part of some top secret Brotherhood. what next? special secret Mopar handshakes! or are the mopar folks going to have their own Corvette style Wave?

folks get a grip!! they are just cars and just because we might own the same brand doesnt mean we have to go out wearing the matching shoelaces,bracelets,tshirts and jackets like the corvette geeks do!!!!

this is why I hang with the normal GM and Ford
(excluding the average Shelby owner)
folks and dont like being stereotyped as a mopar guy!!

Post Extras:           

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:57:49 PM »
Giggy
master

Loc: Macomb, MI   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Fluffy]
      #4351936 - Sat Apr 12 2008 03:43 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply    

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok pal, is it go time?

Some A bodies are so slow, by the time they get to a cruise or show.. it's over..

*cough* GIGGY *cough*  

Man, and I forgot to turn my head!

I agree with some of the others, you aren't going to get respect from other mopar guys just because you drive a mopar. I don't expect it so it never bothers me. Also, I never let them catch me....  

So the point is moot.

Post Extras:            

Offline Challenger6pak

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008 - 06:58:49 PM »
jpilone
Post Killer #1

Reged: Feb 27 2006
Loc: Delray Beach, Florida   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: anhourlater]
      #4351944 - Sat Apr 12 2008 03:53 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

this thread is a prime example of the corvette mentality that has overtaken the mopar scene .

whining because another mopar owner doesnt acknowledge your car?

corvette people do this!!

chevy folks dont do this !!

Ford folks dont do this!!

this is why Chevy and Ford folks also dont like Corvette folks and nowdays they dont like Mopar folks because you act as if you are a part of some top secret Brotherhood. what next? special secret Mopar handshakes! or are the mopar folks going to have their own Corvette style Wave?

folks get a grip!! they are just cars and just because we might own the same brand doesnt mean we have to go out wearing the matching shoelaces,bracelets,tshirts and jackets like the corvette geeks do!!!!

this is why I hang with the normal GM and Ford
(excluding the average Shelby owner)
folks and dont like being stereotyped as a mopar guy!!

--------------------
-Jarrod Pilone
Jarrod's Convertible Thread

Post Extras:           

cudaspaz
super gas

Reged: Jan 31 2003
Loc: In a town not near you.   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: jpilone]
      #4351958 - Sat Apr 12 2008 04:07 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Not everyone is a social butterfly.

I had the swinger at a gas station a short time ago, and a guy jumped out of his car and was looking the dart up and down from a distance.

He kept walking towards me two steps forward, then one staep back, then forward again.
He kept talking to his Wife and it looked as if she were telling him to go over and just say hi, but he seemed really apprehensive.

I kinda felt guilty so I stood there for another 30 seconds as he decided if he was going to come over or not.

Finally I jumped in the car, fired it up, smiled and waved as I drove off.

It was just so funny watching the poor guy trying to build the nerve up to come over or not.

I had one of my daughter's with me, and I told her he must be used to dealing with corvette guys. 

--------------------
They're coming to take me away ha, ha, hee,hee, ho, ho....

Post Extras:           

superbeeadam
top fuel

Reged: May 30 2005
Loc: East Setauket, Long Island   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: anhourlater]
      #4351963 - Sat Apr 12 2008 04:11 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

[quote what next? special secret Mopar handshakes! or are the mopar folks going to have their own Corvette style Wave?

You don't know the secret Mopar handshake by now   

--------------------

Post Extras:           

Butt F Ugly
Wagoneer

Loc: Toronto Ontario   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: amxautox]
      #4352084 - Sat Apr 12 2008 05:15 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Quote:

BTW I saw a picture of your wagon in another thread...That car is BFugly..I hope this isn't construed as a snub....

Jeff

Gee, that looks just like Lomparwagon's car.

Did I not post " Lamopar Wagon has left the building"
I did not like to intoduce myself as Lamopar Wagon as Butt F Ugly just rolls of the tongue.

Does it still smoke?

Post Extras:           

72N96RR
Kingpin

Reged: Jul 20 2005
Loc: SHELBY TWP,,MICHIGAN   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4352101 - Sat Apr 12 2008 05:26 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

I wouldnt want to be branded ANY type of guy, be it Mopar, Ford, Corvette or whatever..You will find jerks and know it alls in every group..
As far as being snubbed you know nothing about that person or whats going on in his life so there is no room for judgement..
I am friendly with ALL segemts of the car hobby but if you roll up in something I dont really care for Im not going to blow sunshine up yer booty in hopes of a measly compliment..

--------------------
1972 Road Runner N96 4 SPEED V21/V25
Need a HEMI for a drag boat project..!!!!!

Post Extras:           

fourgearsavoy
Power Shifter!!

Reged: Dec 07 2004
Loc: Rittman Ohio   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4352157 - Sat Apr 12 2008 06:02 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Rant over.

Well it might just be a Canada thing  I really like about half the Canadians but the other half I just don't understand.They tend to hate what they don't understand.
Gus 

--------------------

Objects in mirror may appear to be losing !
64 Plymouth Savoy
440 Compu-Flow 452's
Liberty modified Richmond 5 speed
Dana 60 3.54
12.10 @ 116 hope to be in the 11's with new combo

Post Extras:           

Mustanghater
Wanabe

Reged: Jan 10 2005
Loc: Romingshores,OH(NE OHIO)   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Crocker]
      #4352175 - Sat Apr 12 2008 06:10 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

I pulled into a gas station last fall. There was a kid in an old warlock filling up too. I walked over to him and praised up his truck. He shrugged and walked away to the station. I was driving a 70 440 plum crazy gran coupe. I guess it depends on your mood. I wasn't insulted

maybe it was just an old truck to him?

--------------------
AIM: spencespeed
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Post Extras:           

3twos
Chillin' In MN...

Loc: Minnesota   Re: Snubed by a E body Owner?? [Re: Butt F Ugly]
      #4352194 - Sat Apr 12 2008 06:18 PM   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply   

Quote:

Quote:

Jeff

Ugly, shmuggly, if you chopped the back end off that wagon it would look just like the Gremlin my dad made me drive after I wrecked my 76 Plymouth Arrow  Ah, memories  ~Sheila

--------------------
Al & Sheila
70 AAR 'Cuda
69 Coronet

Post Extras: