Author Topic: Thinking of going ALL black, need some help.  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Thinking of going ALL black, need some help.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008 - 11:00:52 PM »

For what it's worth I agree with everyone else that it looks good as is. If I owned the car I'd put black cop rims on with dog dish hubcaps, paint the red inserts in the bulge hood black and call it a day. Too much black can be overkill, you need something to break the colour, even black. Done properly it can look good though. Best of luck.

:2cents: :wave:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008 - 11:05:05 PM »
I saw this pic from the recent vegas show.  Looks sweet.

Tom
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008 - 11:06:54 PM »
Scoop inserts, hood pins, Challenger emblem, door handle, stickers, dodge letters across the front.  You never really know why it looks so clean till all those are gone. 

You're welcome, guys.   :2thumbs:

Well I guess I got that list wrong. LOL However I've never accused of paying attention to detail.  ;D

Offline moparbulldog

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008 - 01:23:39 AM »

For what it's worth I agree with everyone else that it looks good as is. If I owned the car I'd put black cop rims on with dog dish hubcaps, paint the red inserts in the bulge hood black and call it a day. Too much black can be overkill, you need something to break the colour, even black. Done properly it can look good though. Best of luck.

:2cents: :wave:

Well the inserts were done awhile ago, but I don't have any of the updated pictures on this CPU.  Maybe just black wheels? 

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008 - 01:42:11 AM »
remove the vinyl top, black out the bumpers and keep the chrome wheels or use dog dish hub caps with steel black wheels :2cents:

Offline Bills70

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008 - 03:27:26 AM »
I think your Challenger looks really mean as is. :bigsmile: Too much black can sometimes make a car look bad. I think your car has the right amount of black and the right amount of chrome :cheers:

I couldn't agree more!! in the photochopped version of your car the black rims make them blend way too much with the rubber but the black bumpers don't look that bad! but it's your car!!  But I say leave it as it is it looks really cool !!!! and if it was my car I wouldn't mess with an awesome looking ride!!   :2cents:   :ylsuper:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008 - 04:45:13 AM »
Well the inserts were done awhile ago, but I don't have any of the updated pictures on this CPU.  Maybe just black wheels? 

That's what I'd do mate. Factory looking bad ass, cop rims rock but that's just my opinion.
No frills, no bling, no "show" all go, always good in today's world of plastic add-ons and chrome 20" wheels.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008 - 09:03:27 AM »
I am sorry but I think you are making a big mistake. If anything looks cool together it is Black and CHROME.
The chrome just sets off the black. You look at any black car with chrome bumpers and a set of old style Crager SS mags and it doesn't get any better than that.
I guess I am just old school and not a fan of the new age looks.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline Bills70

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008 - 03:25:06 AM »
I came back to re-visit this thread and I guess there has been a recent server problem? all the photos are gone??   :crying:  I know I saw them once but was looking forward to seeing them again! this dang server zaps all the good threads!!

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008 - 11:19:53 AM »
i have some pics of my car , i blacked everything out back in 1996, and i love the look,yes its true if its all black the car loses some of its detail,its a matter of preference as to what look you want,powder coating was the best solution for alot of parts cause its very durable and it can be painted also,good idea i love black :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008 - 11:24:40 AM by drewcrane »