Author Topic: Rocky Mountain Dashes closed now?  (Read 6022 times)

Offline CrazyPete

Rocky Mountain Dashes closed now?
« on: April 14, 2008 - 07:40:54 PM »
got this when i went to their website?
Rocky Mountain Dashes is no longer taking orders, we would like to extend our appreciation to all our customers. All orders that are in process will be shipping shortly and once those are finished we'll be closing.

We wish you all well!

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A      http://heartlandmopars.com
1970 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe
1976 Dodge Dart Sport
"Is that an oil leak?  No it's just sweat from all that HORSEPOWER"

Offline uthustler

Re: Rocky Mountain Dashes closed now?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008 - 08:13:06 PM »
wow that stinks, they made good stuff.

Offline HP2

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008 - 11:12:59 PM »
Yeah, but they operated like hermits.

These guys are 15 minutes up the road from me. They have never attended any local swap meets. They never contacted my club or anyone in my club for fit ups, feedback, or demos. They have never attended any of the several mopar specific events locally. They went through a recent upheaval when the two guys who started it split up and they have been playing catch up ever since. I've heard a fair amount of negative feedback on their pricing and customer service. Seemed like a decent product other wise.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008 - 11:14:53 PM »
Thats too bad.   :sadwavey:

nivvy

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008 - 11:20:12 PM »
nice dash but for $800+ thats a tough one to bite!!!

Offline gkring

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008 - 11:25:22 PM »
Guess the XV motorsports one at $400 is the next option? Those of us with convertibles or road lamps need a 4 switch dash option. I guess we are supposed to put that extra switch under the dash?
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008 - 07:24:48 AM »
I like that dash from xv motorsports alot better and alot cheaper. :bigsmile:
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008 - 07:53:21 PM »

Bummer. I'm in the last order and am glad. I designed/photoshopped a custom one off someone else's on the web and am having that made for Madeline. Not sure what finish it will have, matt, flat, woodgrain!? but it houses all the gauges I need and has provisions for all the switches I need. I paid on the 9th of April and was told it will be completed by the 20th of March. The Autometer gauges in the last photo are the gauges I'll be running.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008 - 07:55:41 PM by Carlwalski »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008 - 09:39:52 PM »
Hey that's my dash, patio and back yard. Cool! I like the photoshop. I still haven't bought the gauges for the insert. You just saved me time and money seeing what it'll look like. Awesome!  :thumbsup:

Yeah it's too bad they are going out of business. I hope XV didn't just use their dashes, copy and then make their own. I believe XV's first cars used the Rocky Mountain Dashes units.

Wes

Offline moparbulldog

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008 - 09:53:50 PM »
I guess I should feel lucky to have gotten one when I did.  They were about half the price then, and a couple months before that even cheaper. 

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008 - 10:02:39 PM »
Hey that's my dash, patio and back yard. Cool! I like the photoshop. I still haven't bought the gauges for the insert. You just saved me time and money seeing what it'll look like. Awesome!  :thumbsup:

Yeah it's too bad they are going out of business. I hope XV didn't just use their dashes, copy and then make their own. I believe XV's first cars used the Rocky Mountain Dashes units.

Wes

Thank me? Thank you! :worshippy I was real happy to find one with 2 x 5" holes so clear and easy to photoshop. I tried a 3 x 5" cluster to try and keep to the stock look of "4" pods but in real world driving situations the 6 individual gauges are easier to read vs the 4-in-1 quad gauge and as my car isn't a #'s matching I decided to go the non factory "image" in this situation. I've very happy with it.

It will have: electronic MPH, Tacho with flush in dash shift light, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, trans temp, fuel gauge & air/fuel ratio especially with EFI. R & L indicators, red light = parking brake light, white light = reverse light. The 6 switch holes will be for lights (including fogs & high beam, no foot/floor switch - less weight), wipers, hood release, trunk release, electric cut outs and kill switch (red toggle). Not 100% sure if I'll have hood or trunk under the dash yet and instead have something else. I don't need volts it's not too important in our opinion and most if not all modern head units now display the cars voltage at the push of a button, cool huh!

Hope this gives someone else some ideas or input in future searches. Here's the 3 x 5" cluster I photo-shopped, with woodgrain it's a nice modern "factory" look. Use the 2 holes for clock and air/fuel or something else.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008 - 10:04:35 PM by Carlwalski »
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60