new Keisler site

Author Topic: new Keisler site  (Read 1590 times)

Offline gkring

new Keisler site
« on: April 14, 2008 - 10:16:47 PM »
They have a new flashy website. Too bad they took off their pricing, now you have to call or email for a pricing quote. amybe they were tired of the competition undercutting them online?
www.keislerauto.com
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
Re: new Keisler site
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008 - 04:37:56 AM »
  Pity about the pricing missing but I suppose they have to protect themselves somehow. I used their old site to buy my parts before I came over to America last year and had no problems. Very friendly and prompt emails in response to questions.  What they didn't have I was able to buy from Brewers who also were very helpful.
Dave

Offline longgone

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008 - 09:10:52 PM »
I just finished a Keisler 5 speed conversion.  I love the drive-ability of it and everything about it.  Took forever though to get all the parts from Keisler after I ordered the kit... Like 4-5 months.

Blueglow

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008 - 09:26:24 PM »

Took them a while for mine too, nothing too major and I plan well a head so it's never an issue. Haven't installed it yet but mock up is just around the corner after acid dip. As for price, how new is the site? Could is possibly be "still to come" or like perhaps the site is unfinished. I thought their prices were competitive. Some other kits cost less but it's due to the fact their kits require additional parts that Keisler kits have as standard, everything you need.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline gkring

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008 - 09:45:50 PM »
Trying to get a price online takes you to their "contact us for a quote" page. I don't really mind, I have a roundabout idea of the price range. I think keisler sets the standard on pricing and it's up to the competition to beat them by a hundred bucks. if a Keisler kit cost $10,000 then the competition would sell theirs for $9,900. Not a bad thing or a good thing, just an observation. I agree keisler kits are the most complete with the classic5speed coming in close behind. For the price difference between them and their competition I think I will stick with keisler when it comes time to buy.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline boydsdodge

• Top end's unlimited....Aaaauuuuugghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Boydsdodge
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008 - 09:33:13 PM »
I bought my kit from them and they had everything I needed at the mopar nationals.
Jackson from Toronto.

Offline go-fish

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008 - 10:11:10 PM »
I just got my car going using a Keisler kit and I can't see why they get bashed on other forums. All the problems I had were mostly me not understanding instructions and they were helpful as all get out with every call. They really hooked me up on some parts that they had revised from when I originally purchased my kit like the master cylinder stiffener.
Customer service was tops.
Shifts good but I still cant figure out the neutral safety switch. I guess you hook it up to the starter solonoid. I got it to crank off the switch like that but I can only get it to fire by putting a screw driver to the solonoid to jump it that way. ???

I'll use thier good customer service on this matter come to think of it.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008 - 11:42:27 PM »
Run the ground wire from the start solinoid to the NSS & then to ground so the trans has to be in Neutral for the start solinoid to work 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline boydsdodge

• Boydsdodge
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009 - 04:10:40 PM »
I think I might have gotten the wrong Trans, I am a bit lost as to what rear gear ratio I should use with the .64 5th gear.
3.91 sound good but worried that my RPMs will be too low at hiway cruise speed. Then if I go 4.10 I won't have a first gear anymore,
What have you guys used?
Jackson from Toronto.

Offline somedaysoon

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009 - 04:39:08 PM »
 I'm running 4.10's, yes I can start in 2nd but starting in first isn't that quick of a shift and have launched in first and still isn't that quick of a shift. Oh and yes my motor revs pretty quick.  Pete

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009 - 05:29:05 PM »
I think I might have gotten the wrong Trans, I am a bit lost as to what rear gear ratio I should use with the .64 5th gear.
3.91 sound good but worried that my RPMs will be too low at hiway cruise speed. Then if I go 4.10 I won't have a first gear anymore,
What have you guys used?

Depends on what size tire you are using in the rear not just the gear ratio.
If you go back to the keisler site, they have a calculator to check out all the different combos.
http://www.keislerauto.com/speed_analyzers.php?sa=mopar_5

Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline boydsdodge

• Boydsdodge
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009 - 07:15:17 PM »
275/60/15 for the street
255/50/16 for the track.
Jackson from Toronto.