Author Topic: They Want Lucy - Scam? What To Do?  (Read 7204 times)

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: They Want Lucy - Scam? What To Do?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2008 - 12:10:40 PM »

Will do brother, awesome to hear your car was in a commercial, makes my little "stint" seem, ah, boring. :lol2:

:cheers:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2008 - 12:51:27 PM »
Sound like your deal will be national. Mine was only in a local Food Lion (grocery store) spot! :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2008 - 02:17:53 PM »

For me it's International. :lol2: :bananasmi :grinno: I've never really heard of BlueRays, well I have, but not much. Seems as though they are the new way for discs. Current DVDs hold 4.7gb(?) and these things hold 50-200+gb or something massive all in HD (High Definition). Not sure if HQ pixel photos will handle it but I guess they know what they're doing. :dunno: As for your advert, mate, it's all good, a commercial is a commercial.  ;)

:wave:

Offline camjam

• Rare-it-T
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2008 - 08:02:44 PM »
When I was contacted for pictures of my car for the video game need for speed they gave me copies of all their pictures and 4 copies of the video game in the formats I requested for family members. I was really pleased with the whole thing. It is another piec of history for my car.
71 Challenger R/T 383 4spd - 1 of 10 known to have been built for canada - restored
70 Charger R/T SE 440 auto - restored

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2008 - 09:43:48 PM »
You should not give them exclusive rights to your photos, or you will never be able to use them yourself again, including on your own site. They do not need any more than "one time rights" to use them on this one project.

And they should compensate you for them as well. The production company is making money, the directors and producers are making money, the actors are making money, everyone else is making money, you should get a little too.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2008 - 09:45:30 PM »
Better get the release from Chryler because from what I understand, they own all the pictures of all of our rides anyways.   :screwy:

What's up with this? I own my cars, and if I take a picture of them, I own the rights to the pictures as well.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2008 - 10:28:48 PM »
You should not give them exclusive rights to your photos, or you will never be able to use them yourself again, including on your own site. They do not need any more than "one time rights" to use them on this one project.

And they should compensate you for them as well. The production company is making money, the directors and producers are making money, the actors are making money, everyone else is making money, you should get a little too.

:lol2: Not sure where you read that but on the release form I signed there was not 1 single mention of "exclusive" rights or limitations to my usage. No photos will be taken down from my site now or in the future. As I said, if I wanted money or needed compensation (for what?) I haven't been put out, I took these photos months/years ago, I would have asked. Again, I am just happy to have my Challenger on their disc and for my own private collection, I think it's cool!

They will make money, yes, but whether or not my Challenger is in this film makes no difference, it would neither decrease or increase their sales so it's not even a concern for me. It's a few photos. If the car was used for video, I'd definitely look for some money for my time, vehicle and help but as it's just photos that cost me zilch I'm not after anything.

:thumbsup:

Offline mckee7

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2008 - 01:47:06 PM »
Drissi is the company who makes those large stand up displays you see in the movie theatres.  Owner Tomy Drissi is a racer who currently runs in the Speed GT series and American Lemans Series.  In fact, he got hurt a bit last Friday at Long Beach.   He usually has an upcoming movie as the race car sponsor.  The pic is from a few years ago when he ran in the Trans-Am series.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008 - 01:57:38 PM by mckee7 »

Offline back n black

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2008 - 09:39:26 PM »
I will be keeping my eyes open for merchandise with Lucy on it.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2008 - 01:57:21 AM »
Congrats Carl  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2008 - 02:31:19 AM »