Author Topic: They Want Lucy - Scam? What To Do?  (Read 7211 times)

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
Re: They Want Lucy - Scam? What To Do?
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008 - 08:08:54 AM »
It looks for real so:

GO FOR IT!!!

'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline uthustler

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008 - 09:41:17 AM »
Carwalski- have you seen the 70 cuda hemi vaninishing point challenger for sale that is 100% restored? Nice car for $70k

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008 - 09:44:16 AM »
Carwalski- have you seen the 70 cuda hemi vaninishing point challenger for sale that is 100% restored? Nice car for $70k

"70 Cuda Hemi Challenger" :clueless: Nope, must be a low production model - Heeeeere's your sign. ;D

I'm happy with Lucy thanks. Not a Vanishing Point replica, didn't build her that way. Just like White. I've said it millions of times but she's missing heaps to be identical from the 4-Speed, grille guards and center caps to having 2 mirrors, hood pins, wrong wheel and fatter tires + lots of others. Cool movie though.

:cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2008 - 01:32:41 PM »
Yep definitely legit, I signed a release when I did a tv show once with this exact same statement

"I hereby grant to Fox, its affiliates, successors and assigns, the right to exhibit, perform, distribute, sell, lease and exploit the Related Material separately and/or as part of a new program and/or in connection with the Picture in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity throughout the universe".

The "throughout the universe" thing is what made it so funny (to me)

:eek7:

70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2008 - 02:48:48 PM »
Yep definitely legit, I signed a release when I did a tv show once with this exact same statement

"I hereby grant to Fox, its affiliates, successors and assigns, the right to exhibit, perform, distribute, sell, lease and exploit the Related Material separately and/or as part of a new program and/or in connection with the Picture in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity throughout the universe".

The "throughout the universe" thing is what made it so funny (to me)

:eek7:

Yup, I laughed to, well not laugh but thought, yikes. Do you want my balls as well?
They may as well put in layman's terms: "We own your photos and ass for ever".  :lol:

Here's a reply I got today when I asked what the BlueRay was going to be about and how long until release.

We are doing several short documentaries to go on the disc. One just about how cool the car is, one about the music and then your standard making the movie stuff. The BluRay disc will have a ''virtual dashboard' with a gas gauge, odometer, etc and a radio that shows which song is playing and gives you info about the artist. Not sure, that's up to the studio but we're still shooting interviews, so I'd guess we're about 4 months out.

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2008 - 06:26:26 PM »
How cool is that Carl!!!!!!  Keep us posted mate!

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2008 - 08:29:50 PM »
I wonder if they know about Maurice Unger's Challenger T/A?  He was with Cupid Productions as the Production Administrator for the movie, & he bought a brand new Challenger T/A on June 30th, 1970.

It was last spotted in CA in the mid-eighties or so........

It would be cool if they mentioned it in the documentary.

Barry

Alaskan_TA

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2008 - 11:04:01 PM »

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008 - 06:43:54 AM »
  Carl you will have to get Lucy to lay rubber on some paper and then sign it yourself,   :roflsmiley:
Dave

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008 - 11:11:59 AM »
SWEET!   :thumbsup:
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008 - 03:03:10 PM »
Cool deal, Carl!  Definitely keep us updated when available.  I'd like to get a copy of this when it's made available. :thumbsup:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008 - 07:12:01 PM »

Thanks everyone. Will let you know, not sure what it'll be like.
Worth having in the car chase collection though. :cheers:

Offline autoxcuda

• Spring Fling
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008 - 03:45:51 AM »
They contacted me about 2-3 weeks ago and wanted some people to interview about challengers for the video release. But they wanted them during the weekday during work hours. And they offered nothing. Like maybe a copy of blue ray and some swag even.

It's not easy to get off of work in the middle of the day to do deals like this. And it cost you vacation time or lost hours to get stuff done a work.

Carl I hope you got something for your pictures. You realize this company Drissi and it's employee's that contacted you are getting paid to do that.

I'm not saying all stuff like this demands monentary compensation. And no need to gouge this media deals.

It's just I get contacted all the time on this stuff because we're the car club right here in Los Angeles. And it's just like they expect to drop everything and or think you can just snap your fingers a find them for free what they need to do their job.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008 - 08:29:09 PM by autoxcuda »
Spring Fling XXX
April 22 & 23 2016

at Woodley Park Van Nuys, CA.
Special 30th Anniversary Event!
600+ Mopars, 300+ swappers,  50+ manf. midways.
Thrus: Mopar Track Day at Willow Springs Raceway
Fri: Caravan & Cruise
Sat: Mopar Cruise-In

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2008 - 04:13:23 AM »

Carl I hope you got something for your pictures. You realize this company Drissi and it's employee's that contacted you are getting paid to do that.

Thanks mate but I'm not after any cash and I didn't ask them for anything, not even a bean. I look at it, as, I get my Challenger on a DVD, for nothing. ;D As I said, I'm just happy they liked my photos and Lucy and look forward to seeing the disc and it's contents. Money would have been nice, I won't lie, I would have said yes (who wouldn't?) but it's neither here nor there. I'm just happy for Lucy. To me, it's all about the cars.

Cheers,
Carl

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2008 - 10:35:01 AM »
Very cool Carl!!! Sorta sounds like the deal I had recently to have my Cuda in a TV commercial. They originally had a car lined up for the shoot but he wanted way too much $$. I let them use my car for a fraction of the other car and would have probably done it for free just to say it was in a commercial. Keep us posted!
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!