Author Topic: This Lady should run for President!  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Grancoupe

Re: This Lady should run for President!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008 - 10:13:38 PM »
I think there are many different ways of looking at our current conditions and what threatens us.
I while ago i asked a question an not one person replied with an answer.
I ask again How does one hold Bush liable for his actions and not be considered a traitor to the US military? No answer. I asked this because my interpretation of this war was a way of funneling what is now 760 billion dollars from the taxpayers and the resources that this money should rightfully be funding and directing it toward the war contractors cronies Bush is in bed with. The soldiers can't even get decent vests to protect themselves? Or am i mistaken on the bullet proof vest drives i have seen?
Here are a few other questions since this has become a political thread:
Our government has managed to Weaken this country NAFTA, Try owning a manufacturing company and competing with worker's compensation rates of 50 cents and hour.
Our government has managed to by way of lobbyists to allow our US fuel companies to sell our so called National Security fuel stocks to China! Yes China. As we speak tankers are taking Alaskan fuel that our government is allowing to be shipped to China. For a profit. As if the gouging has not been enough. What should be happening is allowing the fuel into OUR market share to reduce the demand. Imagine that . Quenching a demand. Fuel company lobbyists would have heart attacks.
Our American companies founded on American resources are now outsourcing our technologies to India. The a company like HP complains losses to its government looking for reprieve because its Indian workers up and left them for better jobs offered by a competitor.
Fuel companies that are now cutting back on there refineries, make no improvement towards alternate fuel solutions or distributions. Forever increasing out dependence on foreign oil.
Enron, Anderson, Bear Stern, etc. etc.
My point of some of these examples, of which there are a lot more, just don't want to go on and on is that what made this country strong and independent are the very things that Corporations and our Government have systematically destroyed.
Our economy has been in essence sold to China on manufacturing, Saudi Arabia for fuel, Japan Taiwan and India for technology development and support. You think a bunch of idiot Muslims could stand a chance if this country's foundation were intact? Not a chance.
Internal greed and profit is the real terrorist. They just put a Muslim mask on it and called it the enemy. Please don't make a mistake and think that i don't think Muslims are a threat. I lived and worked in NY. I've been there. Seen the pit. Experienced the bomb threat evacs when your 4 stories under ground. I just believe if we could regain this country back to what it was a few decades ago, there is nothing that could stand up to this county
The greatest failure of this war is the internal failure of this country. And not for one second do I blame the working class. The poor slobs caught in the middle. Between the corrupt business and corrupt government our military is left defending a country with bigger issues than the front line.
If i have offended our military in any way please explain to me how. God Bless them for carrying out the sacrifice they are commissioned with.
My issue is not with them, but with their Boss and his cronies.

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008 - 10:37:18 PM »
Just remember the president can only do what congress allows him to do! :nono: We put them (congress) in office. Do they look out for the people that put them in office or for their political career. The lobbiests that line their pockets are who they look out for. Do we vote? Do we get involved?? Do we write our congressman? Do we cry foul? Too many folks think big government is better. We don't need more big gov't. We need smaller gov't. More state gov't control and less Federal involvement. We need to quit punishing corporations with tax burdens and forcing them to go overseas. We need to abolish the IRS and develop a flat tax. This government of the people BY THE PEOPLE??? Look at some of the issues that caused the civil war (aside from slavery). It was big government ursurping the powers of the individual states to self govern themselves. We need statesmen not politicians. I agree our gov't is lacking much. It will take people that aren't afraid to take a stand for change like some of the folks that brought about change during the civil rights movements. One of the saddest things is we've done it to ourselves. We have allowed it to happen. It's now a crime to say a prayer in school or call a person in the country without proper documentation an "illegal immigrant" and instead of sending them back, we give them credit cards, driver license, benefits & welfare we're afraid to run our businness because we don't teach "sexual orientation" sensitivity classes to our employees. And how did this happen?? Look in our mirror!!

Matt B.
Matt

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008 - 11:56:06 PM »
If you don't "get" the muslim threat, then I am sorry. They think they are here to kill everyone that does not agree with their God. I agree that our government is not perfect, but GW has the BALLS to go at it. This is not going to go away. We have to stand up to them. I really agree with everything that was quoted. You can't blame business's for finding cheap labor and trying to cut costs. I know that career politicians just want to get re-elected, they listen to the lobbyists, because they are the voice of he constituents. If you want lower fuel prices, quit driving so much! If you want lower taxes, quit earning so much money! The key to MY AMERICA is that working hard pays off. Work to the best of your abilities and you will succeed. Yes, you will be punished by paying more taxes when you earn more, which is insane!! But the United States of America is the greatest country on Earth. If you disagree, please leave. We do not need you here!
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008 - 12:21:29 AM »
apederso2, show me where i ever mentioned that this country is not the greatest. When did i ever make a negative remark about living here! I took the initiative to make a statement in hopes that maybe more than one view would be considered. Unless maybe that freedom has now gone too. My only concern is that the real threat to this nation is not being addressed. I just dont' know what the answer is if there is any about solving the many bad directions this country has gone in. And i mean that in the sense of hurting the residents of this country. The moral fabric of this nation is being ripped apart at the seams. Job, pensions, stability. Do you think it is proper to ask a person that is in search of a solution for this nation to leave?

moparmaniac59, how much has congress been able to do about the many things they have bashed Bush about? It looks like he has just barel rolled his policies over them. If I recall there were times when he practically threatened them to play his game. What you mentioned regarding by the people and for the people has been a thorn in the sides of many that have bben opposed to professional politicians. Its in the Constitution if i'm not mistaken. Something about fellow citizens. Clinton is a fellow citizen at $105 million large? Hardly a person that can see through our eyes.

Not to get off tangent. I thought this would hit a few nerves. Not trying to undermine anyone else's opinion. Nor make light of a serious issue like Muslim threats. I am bringing other issues that I think would help solve terrorism issues if we were to get back on our feet.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008 - 02:08:58 AM »
I could not agree with here more. That is about as concise and to the point as I have read in a long time. Well said madam, well said.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline CHARGER_FAN

• Undercover Charger
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008 - 06:18:23 PM »

My issue is not with them, but with their Boss and his cronies.

I agree with a lot of what you said here (didn't want to copy the whole thing ;) ). However, I do think we are overall safer from a terrorist standpoint today than we would have been if Bush wasn't in office when 9-11 happened. As it is today, we're so screwed on so many levels, that it's going to take decades to even halfway repair any of the major issues we face today.
The three yay-hoo's we have to pick from for our next fearless leader have me scared to death. Not one of them is going to have the spine enough to fix the trade, job, oil (etc) problems we face today. These next few years are gonna be a rough ride, folks.

'70 Charger 500

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008 - 09:14:52 PM »
Charger Fan, I see you see my point. Thanks

Offline Goehner

• 392 IE
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008 - 11:01:17 PM »
Grancoupe, my rant wasn't directly to you, just a drunken rant aimed at a lot of the left leaning people who really don't like this country, or at least that is what it seems to me.
392 Edition on order
08 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 6.7 CTD, 2" Leveling kit, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ
05 Durango Limited, Yea, it's got a HEMI!!

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008 - 11:21:15 PM »
Grancoupe, my rant wasn't directly to you, just a drunken rant aimed at a lot of the left leaning people who really don't like this country, or at least that is what it seems to me.
I understand your frustration. I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to issues like these. In essence i think we all have mutual concerns about this country and its future. After all its our home. No worries. :bigsmile:

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008 - 10:11:50 AM »
Now you guys are getting along, I was just going to post this.   :roflsmiley:

Offline KZ

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008 - 11:03:54 AM »
just thought I would put this link up for factual purposes

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/foster.asp

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008 - 04:47:33 PM »
Thanks for posting the true origin of the letter. I know these things get distorted but the simple fact is, I dont care if a dog wrote it, I agree with every word.  :wavingflag:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*