Author Topic: 70 Cuda project for sale lots of $$$ invested  (Read 11642 times)

Offline cudabadfish

70 Cuda project for sale lots of $$$ invested
« on: April 17, 2008 - 01:51:41 AM »
Description:Hi!, Here is what I have right now that I may be willing to part with.FOR BETTER PICS PLEASE ASK,I will get it out this weekend and take some new pics ,these were about 9 months ago and it looks different now. it is a 1970 Cuda, started life as a Barracuda. it has both rear quarters new, all rust (except for one tiny spot above the drivers door) replaced with fresh metal,all professionaly done. it has an original AAR hood, it has the alterkation front suspension with wilwood brakes and rack and pinion. I have $4,800. in the front ,the rear is a e-body unit narrowed 10 inches ,the rear springs have been moved inward 4 inches per side and a new rear sub frame unit built to carry the springs ,the front of the rear springs have been "boxed" into the frame. The diff is a brand new 4 spider gear 355 sure grip from Randy's. it has Moser alloy axles ,and is running the Ford Expedition rear disk brake kit. It has 15X10 American Racing torq Thrust wheels with 295-50-15 rubber in the back and the same American Racing rims but 15X7 in the front.I have about $4,000. in the rearend. The engine is a 1969 340 block that has been bored .40 over ,I have a great set of ported J heads with extensive work done with stainless Manly valves ,Isky triple coil springs stainless seats, titanium keepers,and a matched set of crane 1.6 ratio roller rockers. This was a light package and ralley guage car ,the guages have been restored with white face appliques . There is no trans ( this had a 4spd when I got it and it was going to be a 5 spd Tremec )or interior. the front end underside and underhood is done in Sassy Grass Green as this was to be the color for the car. It is way too expensive to insure an AAR now and this was to be the replacement,I have ALL stainless trim ,have back seat dash ,ect.. I have over $25,000. invested in this car ,make me an offer and we can talk ,thanks ,Jim Wilson. OK ,seems everybody is a little squeemish about a starting price ,so..lets say I want $21,000. and we can start from there, I have alot more parts for this car that it would take ALOT of time to go through ,what I have and what I don't,if you want to know,let me know,Jim.

Offline FJ5_440

• Wisconsin
Re: 70 Cuda project for sale lots of $$$ invested
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008 - 07:23:03 AM »
Pictures and location would help generate more interest.  Sounds like a great project.
** Shane **

Offline uthustler

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008 - 09:44:18 AM »
here is a pic of his car for sale---

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008 - 09:46:01 AM »
 :wow: I love the color coded front coil springs, they look trick. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008 - 11:44:08 AM »
I've been thinking about building a modernized AAR clone.  That is a great price for a car and all those resto-mod parts.  Wish I has the room in my garage....

There's more pics at cudaworld.com

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008 - 02:16:30 PM »
Where is the car located? In Texas or???

70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008 - 03:02:03 PM »
Ad on cudaworld says Reedley, CA.

Offline cudabadfish

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008 - 10:28:11 PM »
Hi Guys ! Sorry I hahve not replied about thhe car ,I had to wipe the hard drive in my pC and I lost the link to this site !
Yes ,the Cuda is in Cal. I spent last night untill 2 AM ,and then today from noon till now getting some of the things done to it that I wanted to finish. Last night I put the front clip back on and started aligning the doors ,fenders ect. I am hopeing to get a couple of coats of primer on before I quite for the night ,then tomorrow I will get some better pics. The pics of the car together on Cudaworld are about 3 years old and the car looks much better now! ,My e-mail is moparfishboy@yahoo.com ,if you want to ask questions or see somethhing specific in a pic. I have to get back to the garage right now ,but I will check here again before I go to bed tonight !
Don't know if I mentioned it before ,but both quarters ,trunk extensions and fill panel are new ! ,Jim W.

Offline cudabadfish

NEW PICS !!! 70 Cuda project for sale
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008 - 10:39:36 PM »
Hi Guys ,just wanted to let you know ,I just posted some new pics of the Cuda on cudaworld.com. (not sure how to post them here yet ! Jim

Offline 73Chally

• Resident
Re: NEW PICS !!! 70 Cuda project for sale
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008 - 10:41:51 PM »
Hi Guys ,just wanted to let you know ,I just posted some new pics of the Cuda on cudaworld.com. (not sure how to post them here yet ! Jim
If you look under the text box where you type your post, you will see "Additional Options".  Click on that, and it will open up a Browse box to find your picture files.

Offline cudabadfish

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008 - 12:42:14 AM »
Hi ,Thanks ,I will try to post some pics with this post! ,I* will try to get home early from work tomorrow and get some better pics! Thanks again ,Jim.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008 - 05:54:55 AM »
 :wow: Jim,  The pictures :picture: worked and look great :clapping: thanks for sharing :grinyes: and look forward to more updates and plans of the build in detail thanks buddy. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008 - 06:30:00 AM »
That is a nice looking car! I wish you well in your adventure   :working:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline cudabadfish

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008 - 11:06:08 PM »
Hi guys ,I LOVE this car ,I have gone throught things you would not believe to keep it for the last 10 years ,but it does have to go. So with that being said ,I have dropped my price and changed my ad on Cudaworld. the following is the new ad. Thanks guys ,wish you all the VERY best of luck with all your projects ,don't let the snowball get you !

Hi ! ,OK ,heres the bottom line ,I just want it out of my garage . I am dropping the price ,and this will be the one and only time I do this. I will take $18,000. for it ,that is the least I will take.
Look at what you get ,NO body rot ,all the sheetmetal work finished EXCEPT the tail light panel and rear Valance panel, Alterkation unit ,fully loaded and installed ,I mean Wilwood ,sway bar ,rack and pinion and all ! rear end totally new and beefed up! no expenses spared ! Theh wife has been up my ass to just "finish it as it is " so you can imagine how pissed she is that I am letting it go for a measly $18,000. I was building this as the top of the line for myself. AlterKation $4,700. rear end $4,500. sheetmetal $1,000. and now add in the hours and the care that went into it + the fact that this is a 1970 model ,in the High price class with the light package option and the guage option ,you know it is a sweet deal at $18,000. believe me ,you buy one "un-restored" and unless you do all the work yourself you will pay alot more to get it to this point.
After I finished all the metal work this weekend (except for the tail light panel and rear valance) I damned near pulled the ad. It has to go ,I know,but to tell you the truth it breaks my heart ,I have had this Cuida for 10+ years ,you cannot believe the hours and weekends I have in this car. There have been NO corners cut ,NO expenses spared ,I do EVERYTHING first rate. Yes ,it has been re-quartered ,but ,if I had not told you ,you prob could not find the seams !look at the pics ,when was the last time you saw body lines this straight?
I have been doing body and paint on MOPARs since I was 13 ,I don't mean helping ,I mean doing !
I know that with $25,000. invested in 10 years ,I will not finish it ,whhy buy something at $15,000. that you have to go all the way down and bring back up just to get to this point ? here it is.
IF I cannot get at least $18,000. ,then I guess I will just be the proverbial "dog with a bone" it can sit in my garage ,it does not cost me anything to keep it ! I very much apoligize if this sounds conceited ,but I knwo what I have got and the quality of work that is in it ,everyone who has seen it in person is totally blown away ,and they have only seen it in primer !
Hope some would love it and finish it ,it would take about $15,000 to finish it with a Tremec ,leather buckets and other quality parts.
Thanks for the ad Cudaworld ,I very much appreciate it! ,Jim.

Offline mopar_guy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008 - 12:02:57 AM »
great looking car,wheels and tire combo rocks  :2thumbs: someone will definetly pick it up.good luck