Winter sucks

Author Topic: Winter sucks  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Winter sucks
« on: April 19, 2008 - 03:22:25 AM »
OK I am officially sick of winter & not just for this year , for life
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAAB0049

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: Winter sucks
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008 - 04:21:26 AM »

Isn't it coming up to spring up there?? :dunno:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008 - 05:52:56 AM »
It was 80 in Detroit yesterday
But you're right CP, It doesn't eve kill the bugs, just stores em,
Might just as well be where it's 75 all the time....
POINT THE WAY !

Offline Rare_T_A

• Resident
    • Freiss Family Mopar Site
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008 - 08:18:05 AM »
I feel for ya!!  It finally got to the 60's this week. The weekend is supposed to be the same, now it we can get rig of the stinking wind.
'09 Challenger R/T  5.7 HEMI Auto
'70Challenger T/A 340 727

Fargo, N. Dak.
My web Site:  http://freiss.co.nr

My Flikr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/102813164@N04/

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Offline cuda

• 1970 340 Cuda, pistol grip 4 speed,3:91 sure grip
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008 - 08:30:26 AM »
Yup im on board with you here Niel,winter does suck and ive had enough as well.  :pullinghair: I also live in Chrycos home city and spring is being very stuborn this year. The snow all melts then it returns,and returns,and.............well you get it. Im going to have to trailer my Cuda south to drive it this year before June.  :walkaway: Im going to look at car pics to cheer me up,later all. Cuda Brian

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008 - 08:33:25 AM »

I know this is very obvious but it begs the question, why not just move if you dislike your city/area that much? Neil, I know finding work and Visa? for the USA is the hard part, how's that going? Life's too short to be stuck in a place you dislike that much, even if it is only weather but as you know, big boys toys are weather permitting.

:popcorn:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008 - 11:30:01 AM »
What ever happened to Panama??  Finally is getting nice here in Michigan as ROMI pointed out!!   :clapping:

I just can't believe that we are already into the middle of April of 2008?  Time is just flying by!   :screwy:

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008 - 11:50:15 AM »
Chryco,If you are really intent on moving,
Have you tried monster jobs .com?I know it must be hard to pick up stakes and move to a place where you dont know anyone,but we will all be here
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline 1BADFISH™

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008 - 12:05:33 PM »
After this last storm, i'm pretty well done with Canadian winters too, I spent the winter in one of the coldest areas in Canada, and now i'm back in Calgary and can't string 3 nice days together to even get the car out for a drive.   :banghead:

Heck, i'm just as mad I can't golf yet.   :crazy:

Dave
Charlottetown, PE
2014 GMC Sierra Crew Cab White Diamond edition.
1970 Dodge Challenger 340-6 4spd.
*Member Since* Oct 11, 2005

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008 - 12:13:52 PM »
Within Canada there is nowhere better to live leaving Canada is not easy , I would move to New Zealand or Australia in a heartbeat but it is tougher to get there then into the US , I am still working on Panama but need an international job to relocate there . I have applied for 2 jobs in recent weeks & both want me desperatly & both offer a reasonable chance at relocating south but it would still take a year or 2 to prove myself & relocate which I am working towards
 At this point the high today is -9 with a low of -11 & it is supposed to continue until Thursday ... back to hibernation  :faint:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline moparnut

• Resident
  • Nutin like a nice Piece of Hickory"Clint Eastwood
    • My Photo's
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008 - 12:21:41 PM »
And here in california,I've been praying for a storm.We need the rain.The grass is getting brown and alfalfa to feed my livestock is 15 bucks a bail,its breaking me,lol.Time to butcher a couple cows to cut my feed bill.I could buy a new chally with what i am paying a month for Hay :swear: :swear:
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe,383-4bbl,# Match
2012 Subaru Forester
70 D100 Adventurer 383 pickup
02 F250 S'cab Powerstroke 7.3 4x4 6 speed Manual
06 Honda VTX1800S Spec 3

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008 - 02:24:36 PM »
Within Canada there is nowhere better to live leaving Canada is not easy , I would move to New Zealand or Australia in a heartbeat but it is tougher to get there then into the US , I am still working on Panama but need an international job to relocate there . I have applied for 2 jobs in recent weeks & both want me desperatly & both offer a reasonable chance at relocating south but it would still take a year or 2 to prove myself & relocate which I am working towards
 At this point the high today is -9 with a low of -11 & it is supposed to continue until Thursday ... back to hibernation  :faint:

Yowsa! Those temps really do suck balls. Good to hear that you're sticking at your guns and doing all you can to move from there. I know I speak for us all when I say all the best. If you ever make it to New Zealand (on holiday at least) I have a bed, house (not much) and a seat in Lucy or Madeline, or you can just drive the SRT10. :grinyes:

I won't rub salt in the wound by mentioning the temp down here, mid autumn and it's chilly, just not negative chilly (or close). It must suck though, Canada, from what I see, and hear is a lovely place, especially scenery wise, guess the climate (to some) overrides all the beauty. Is there anywhere in Canada where it keeps "reasonably" warm? Keep us posted CP.

:cheers:

hannah

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008 - 04:37:16 PM »

Whhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!

An hour or so ago...

This is how it is outside right now lool

There's a muscle car show in town...am going to leave for that...nothing much to do outside today...other than shovel  :faint:

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008 - 05:31:46 PM »
It's 71 today and I am cold. Should be in the 80's the rest of the week. Sorry to see that sorry arse snow still making life tuff on you guys. Hang in there, it will come. Ask Al gore