Topcat !! ??

Author Topic: Topcat !! ??  (Read 5089 times)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
Re: Topcat !! ??
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008 - 08:21:00 PM »
You know what gets me?  Stand back...  :scared:

Look back at this thread, NOOOO Red wings fans appear until the last 2 days. Way to jump on the bandwagon folks.   :dupe:

Someone dial 9-1-1, I don't think the Dallas Stars have a pulse.   :grinno:

Mike

Yeah, they're all out right now at Wally world buying Red wing hats and Jersey shirts.  :bigsmile:

Dallas? God they give up so many penalties. They're their own worst enemy.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008 - 11:36:56 PM »

Look back at this thread, NOOOO Red wings fans appear until the last 2 days. Way to jump on the bandwagon folks.   :dupe:

Mike

Well, I actually mentioned my support of the Red Wings several times, including here: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=39701.0

I missed this post the first time around (not realizing from the title that it is hockey related), but I saw it 2 days ago when you replied to it.  We Wings fans are called a lot of things, but 'bandwagon' fans is not one of them. 

-Tom

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008 - 02:00:39 AM »

Mike

:villagers:   Hmmm.....My bad!!!  I better get back under a rock.   :villagers:

HOCKEYTOWN
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hockeytown is a nickname for the city of Detroit, Michigan, which arose in 1996 thanks to a marketing campaign by the city's NHL franchise, the Detroit Red Wings. The nickname, over time, has gained national and international recognition.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008 - 10:36:31 PM »
Dallas vs. Detroit: What a fantastic ending. The intensity was unreal that last minute.

It doesn't matter what sport it is. When it comes to playoffs the excitement is great.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008 - 10:50:10 PM »
 :iagree:
I couldn't agree more...although the end result wasn't too good.  We'll see what happens back here in Motown on Saturday!

-Tom

hannah

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008 - 11:06:11 PM »
Good game !!

Desperate Dallas stood in the way of a 10 game winning streak for the Wings...don't know why all the times they have had a 9 game streak they just cannot make it to 10...Dallas played tonight in a way they have not played all series...so off we go back to the Joe...victory will be on home ice :D

Turco was pretty awesome tonight...solid game. Helps when your team improves their own play

Detroit took way too many penalties in the first period...but it did take Dallas until the 3rd period to take advantage of the man advantage

It would have been an overtime game I think if they hadn't waved off Datsyuk’s goal and Zetterberg post hitter...the combo of desperate play and a strong play from Turco is what kept the Wings from scoring more

Swedefish

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008 - 02:25:09 PM »
We sure could use Zetterberg and a couple of other guys at tomorrows semifinal in the World cup against Team Canada, but thats another story.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008 - 06:58:25 PM »
I don't think I need to watch hockey anymore.

It is funner reading Hannah's play-by-play.   :thumbsup:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

hannah

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2008 - 01:36:42 PM »
So everyone had a day off to rest up and think about what the main goal ahead is

I hope the refs for this game are not ones who "see things"

Hopefully Detroit will score early and lots and get a jump on the game so that Dallas doesn't know what hit them.

Johan Franzen won't be playing this game but Zetterberg...Datsyuk & Holmstrom have been a good line up to now

:bananasmi Go Wings !!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2008 - 11:03:26 PM »
Hannah,

Remember I said a while back. Watch Dallas, keep an eye on them in your rear view mirror. 3 games to 2 now.
Dallas just needs one more win and it's do or die game 7.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

hannah

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008 - 01:18:13 AM »
Hannah,

Remember I said a while back. Watch Dallas, keep an eye on them in your rear view mirror. 3 games to 2 now.
Dallas just needs one more win and it's do or die game 7.

*sigh* yah I know....

But But But Turco hadn't won a game at Joe Louis....he wasn't suppose to win this one !!

They both took a lot of penalties in the 1st...in the first minutes of the game !!

Begrudgingly I'll give Stars full credit for the win..it was an ugly game and they won because they beat Detroit at their own game...they checked and kept possession of the puck

Maybe the afternoon is too early to have a game because it sure seemed like Holmstrom was sleeping and was barely moving by the 3rd period. It was like Detroit was the desperate team...what was with Draper smashing Morrow in the face and Holmstrom punching a player on the Dallas bench !!??

Come Monday night those mighty Wings will come out on FIRE !! They will have realized they just let two opportunities to shut down this series go by...

One of the worst games....embarrassing really

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008 - 06:51:14 PM »
Pens 6, Philly 0.

I guess my Pens will chill while the West figures things out.   :stirpot:

In all honesty, the Pens only chance in the finals is that whoever makes it there from the West is too beat up. I just hope my boys don't get swept. Not bad though for a team that was the dregs of the league 2 years ago.  :grinyes:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

hannah

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2008 - 07:14:48 PM »
Gosh International hockey and then the playoffs as well I love remote controls lool

Really it was great for the Flyers too...they came a long way from the bottom...just thought they would have made it more of a battle today...

Don't think anyone doubted it would be the Pens in the final heck look who they have...Staal...Hossa...Crosby...Malkin...Fleury a really great showing by the team...at least they'll give me some points in my draft...

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008 - 08:17:22 PM »
Look at the point spread for mondays game.

61 Detroit Red Wings -1½ +210  -140  Over 5 +105    
  62 Dallas Stars +1½ -250  +120  Under 5 -125 

ODDS EXPLANATION
The point spread - also called "the line" or "the spread" - is used as a margin to handicap the favorite team. The oddsmaker predicts that the favored team will win by a certain number of points. This number of points is the point spread. The favorite is always indicated by a minus sign (e.g. -5.5) and the underdog by a plus sign (e.g. +5.5). If someone bets on the favorite, he or she would win the bet if the favorite wins AND their margin of victory is greater than the point spread. If a bettor bets on the underdog, he or she would win if the underdog wins, ties, or if the favored team wins but fails to exceed the point spread. It is standard for point spread bets in most sports that a bettor would wager $110 to win $100.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

hannah

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008 - 08:05:52 PM »
OK games about to start the Dallas fans are going to be more than pumped for this game...hope Detroit realizes tonight...it didn't have to be this way...

I'm not going to start to panic yet...well not unless Dallas wins this game too !!

Go Wings !!!   :cooldancing: