Author Topic: Topcat !! ??  (Read 5108 times)

hannah

Re: Topcat !! ??
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008 - 02:03:01 AM »
You guys have some good hockey teams you have a lot to be proud of. Edmonton will be back again.

Oh we will be back...you can be sure of that

Oil recently signed Tom Gilbert for 6 years so we have him for what should be his best hockey years...all the makings of a key player as he has already proven. And also signed Denis Grebeshkov & Robert Nilsson. Hopefully we will seal similar contracts Pitkanen...Glencross...and Stoll

Hopefully they will clear up whatever is going on with Schremp...Oil won't play him and he's better than the AHL but there are some "personality clashes" it seems

The Sharks win helps me with my draft but Dallas is going to be one heck of a challenge   as I see it

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008 - 10:18:31 AM »

The Sharks win helps me with my draft but Dallas is going to be one heck of a challenge   as I see it

I've been predicting way back that Dallas will be the team to watch this year. The last game the Sharks had this year was against them. They fought each other more than they played.

One thing about the Sharks is; they don't play dirty Hockey taking cheap shots and trying to get away with it....CALGARY!!!

I imagine Dallas will be no different.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008 - 05:48:47 PM »
Am I the only one still watching?   :lol:

My Pens have only lost one game so far, but a collision course with Detroit scares the bejesus out of me.  :scared:  Those guys are sooo tough to score against. I just can't imagine my team with a 20, and 21 year old leading the way, can put a dent in the Red Wings.   :2cents:  I know the finals aren't set yet, but I'm just thinking out loud here.   :screwy:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

hannah

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008 - 07:21:56 PM »

Oh heck no...I thought I was the only one still watching lool

Well last round I traded in San Jose for Dallas and Montreal for Philly so I got all 4 right

Now I have Detroit and Pittsburgh and I can't change again for the 4th...Detroit is going to take this one...as long as they can shut down Dallas during even-strength play....and keep them at no more than 1 goal per game..they're in good shape.

As far as Pittsburgh & Philly both have power plays that are pretty even....but the Pens have the much better PK unit.

It'll be Pittsburgh & Detroit with Detroit the champions  :bigshades:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008 - 07:32:52 PM »
It'll be Pittsburgh & Detroit with Detroit the champions 

Any chance you have ever been wrong in your life??   :lol:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008 - 07:41:55 PM »
Oh heck no...I thought I was the only one still watching lool

It'll be Pittsburgh & Detroit with Detroit the champions  :bigshades:

:iagree: A no brainer. Pittsburgh plays slow in comparison to Detroits speed. Another year of the Octopus.

As far as game 6 goes on Dallas vs. San Jose, the ending sucked. The ref threw a power play out when in actuallity, power plays called by refs in overtime are pretty scarce and not done that much during overtime. Everybody was dead tired and San jose didn't have the legs to defend themselves for a powerplay. I think they would've beaten Dallas had it not been for the power play in the 4th OT.  :2cents:
Mike, Fremont, CA.

hannah

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008 - 07:42:36 PM »
Any chance you have ever been wrong in your life??   :lol:

I vaguely remember one or two times long long ago looooool jk

Detroit is my team...after my home team is gone...I have to cheer them...and they will win !!

hannah

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008 - 07:47:26 PM »

As far as game 6 goes on Dallas vs. San Jose, the ending sucked. The ref threw a power play out when in actuallity, power plays called by refs in overtime are pretty scarce and not done that much during overtime. Everybody was dead tired and San jose didn't have the legs to defend themselves for a powerplay. I think they would've beaten Dallas had it not been for the power play in the 4th OT.  :2cents:

Well it certainly was a fantastic hockey game !! Cannot believe I stayed up watching...it was a great game not even counting the overtime periods...but because it was hard checking...big saves...big chances...it was old fashion hockey at its best !! That game was what the playoffs are all about

Each team got a penalty...too bad that for the Sharks their penalty put them out...it would have been cool to have the Sharks win that game because imagine what game 7 would have been like !!

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008 - 07:53:30 PM »
Go WINGS!!   :bigsmile:

Offline 70_challenger

• Suburban Detroit, Michigan
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008 - 07:53:57 PM »

Of course you're not the only one!  Despite what the media wants to say, those of us here in Hockeytown are amped up, and enjoying this playoff.  (The Pistons are also doing really well in their playoffs).  Thank goodness the Wings didn't get any far-West opponents this year - We get tired of staying up to watch those games in the middle of the night!

We enjoyed hearing Barry 'Mullett' Melrose go on about how Nashville's toughness might be too much for the Wings.  Then we enjoyed hearing the Mullett go on about how Colorado's tough style of play (and the almighty Peter Forsberg) would be the end of the Wings' run.  Ha-ha!  This series against Dallas has been good so far.  They played really well in game 2, and Turco looks strong.  As Hannah correctly stated, the key to the rest of this series will be even strength play - The Stars have given us a lot of PP chances.

I am a little tired of hearing about the Penguins, but there's no denying the success they have had this playoff (and good for them - they deserve it).  I thought the Rangers would come out of the East, but that's OK.  I think the Western Conference champ will win it all.

Let's Go Red Wings!

-Tom

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008 - 08:13:13 PM »
Detroit will seek blood tonight after their goalie getting sticked in the face on that last game.  it's about to start.

I gotta get outta this office and see this game.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008 - 09:54:19 PM »
I'm sorry, is this a thread about Curling?

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008 - 03:28:06 AM »
Go WINGS!!   :bigsmile:

:iagree:   AND.... ---->

:useless:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008 - 03:30:22 AM by hooD »
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008 - 01:11:42 PM »
GO WINGS!!!  We got this thing Im not even worried about MEK's fake fish.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008 - 07:31:21 PM »
You know what gets me?  Stand back...  :scared:

Look back at this thread, NOOOO Red wings fans appear until the last 2 days. Way to jump on the bandwagon folks.   :dupe:

Someone dial 9-1-1, I don't think the Dallas Stars have a pulse.   :grinno:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD