Author Topic: Sharing my UR daspad pics...not a happy camper  (Read 4957 times)

Offline JayBee

• Resident
Sharing my UR daspad pics...not a happy camper
« on: April 22, 2008 - 08:41:07 PM »
I dunno, this may be more of a vent than pic sharing. I'm just not happy at all with the pad. The lower plastic trim pieces fit poorly, there's a huge gap on the right side and in the last pic there's a gap between the dashpad and windsheild pillar trim where you can see the car's white frame. This thing must have been made on a Monday. I guess I should just be happy that there was some kind of product out there to replace my original cracked one.

John

John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
Re: Sharing my UR daspad pics...not a happy camper
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008 - 08:53:39 PM »
 :swear: I hate paying lots of money for bad parts!
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008 - 09:25:57 PM »
That is eaxctly the same isse I had with the Just dashes pad only worse

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008 - 09:52:39 PM »
Man, you guys are scaring me with this stuff. I paid big money for my YearOne dash and promptly put it away. I have not even placed it on the car to see how it fits. What's worse is I put the Challenger decal on it so I would not lose it or put a crease in it. I sure hope it fits better than your pad, my condolences, that would severely piss me off with the kind of money they are fetching.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline gkring

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008 - 09:54:10 PM »
Have you called them yet? They seem to be pretty good about swapping out dashes at least once when they don't come out right. I don't know exactly how they do them, but it is obviously not an exact science. I recently installed one and spent two days with it on the workbench modifying and massaging it to fit as good as possible.
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=43612.0
I have to say mine looks alot better than yours when done, but alot closer to yours before I started modifying. if you don't think you can work with what you have then don't accept it. every dash made by them will be different, it sucks but it may take a couple tries to get a good one.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008 - 10:01:19 AM »
 :iagree: Maybe someone should mention to them they should set up a steel dash for each dash pad fit with plastics involved for checking. :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008 - 11:03:16 AM »
I'm beginning to think that a dash cap is a better way to go for mine.

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008 - 11:52:52 AM »
I'm happy with my cap.  Just couldn't see 600+ in a new pad.  There are pics in my resto thread showing the results.....David
Dave or David

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008 - 02:48:40 PM »
That's the way my stock pad fits, with all the issues you mention   :dunno:  hope they swap it out for you....

70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008 - 04:04:42 PM »
I dunno, this may be more of a vent than pic sharing. I'm just not happy at all with the pad. The lower plastic trim pieces fit poorly, there's a huge gap on the right side and in the last pic there's a gap between the dashpad and windsheild pillar trim where you can see the car's white frame. This thing must have been made on a Monday. I guess I should just be happy that there was some kind of product out there to replace my original cracked one.

John

Hi John,
Not to butt in but, I do not recognize your name so I do not think you bought your pad from me, if you did buy it from me I have not heard from you about your issue.....
Did you contact Ultimate Rides or the vendor that sold you the pad about the poor fit you have and if so, what did they say?

....... Nick

Offline Bart

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008 - 05:19:16 PM »
YearOne dash fits no better, I have one and it has the same problems.

Bart
1970 Cuda 383
2008 Titan
2010 G37s
1996 Advantage Victory 27 502ci
2013 HD Roadking

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008 - 05:33:22 PM »
Nick, I didn't get it through you. It was bought last August at the Nat's.

I haven't called them yet but really don't know if it'll be worth it what with shipping to Canada and all. Then there's doing the job all over again...ain't happening, at least not to soon. I will call and complain and plan on showing it to him at this years Nats.

Thanks for all the replies, it's nice to know I'm not the only one this bad off, and some even worse.

Maybe their newer ones are better now that they're making them themselves. I hope the people that ordered them get a better product. Okay, back to the garage to do more assembly.
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008 - 02:29:52 AM »
  I would have thought that they would have a steel mock up backing to test all their dashes before posting. Some vendors ( small minority ) only think of the bucks to be made and don't take pride in the final product.   :villagers:
Dave

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008 - 02:35:04 AM »
the just Dashes pad I got I could stick my thumb sideways in between the plastic panels & the foam , the gap was over 1" in the corners

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline az-nick

• NicksClassicParts
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008 - 02:28:18 AM »
  I would have thought that they would have a steel mock up backing to test all their dashes before posting. Some vendors ( small minority ) only think of the bucks to be made and don't take pride in the final product.   :villagers:

When Jay purchased his pad it was sold by Ultimate Rides but made by an outside company for them. Not long ago UR bought the molds and they now are producing or manufactureing there own pads to sell. Because of the members here and on Moparts giving feedback on the issues you have discovered, Ultimate Rides is trying to fix them. I am glad they are at least listening to what you are saying. And as of today, they have not denied any customer of mine a replacment pad if it was delivered with a defect. I am sure there will be a first, there always are and always will be one, just do not know when.......