Author Topic: Sharing my UR daspad pics...not a happy camper  (Read 4955 times)

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
Re: Sharing my UR daspad pics...not a happy camper
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008 - 11:07:04 AM »
Hi Dad (JayBee), :wave:

Maybe you could ask Nick if he could contact them and get it sorted before you go to far fitting everything back together.  They may even share half the shipping cost to you in Canada seeing they bought the company after you bought your pad ............. :2thumbs:  Just a sugestion.   I'd like my inheiratance Convertible to be the best it can. :clapping: :bigsmile:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008 - 11:26:01 AM »
Hiya Ken
Ah, that inheritance...you may want to discuss that with other my 2 boys. As for "involving Nick", I'm gonna keep him out of it, he had nothing to do with this sale. About putting too much together...too late, besides I want to drive the car asap and while I can still afford "some" gas for it. I will be talking with UR (Allen, I think) and hopefully get a chance to show it to him at the Nat's. I may just have to live with it as is. There's a lot involved with another removal/installation/shipping, etc, and I'm just not up to going through that again. We'll see what he says when I get around to it. 
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008 - 09:21:01 PM »
That is cool Dad,

Hey.......... who ever is the oldest son should get first dibs on the Convertible old buddy ole pal old mate. :clapping: :smilielol: :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008 - 10:57:59 PM »

Man, you guys are scaring me with this stuff. I paid big money for my YearOne dash and promptly put it away.
I have not even placed it on the car to see how it fits.

You should be fine, my one fit nicely, just has a few extra waves and bows in it (they all do, aftermarkets). Still, it looks nice and fits well. Mind you, I'm guessing all parts vary a little but overall they should be close. It's pretty good but I consider myself very picky and meticulous, so, have high standards. Could have been better though. I guess we have to be a little bit happy that some decent pads are available for our rare cars.

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008 - 11:09:59 PM »
You should be fine, my one fit nicely, just has a few extra waves and bows in it (they all do, aftermarkets). Still, it looks nice and fits well. Mind you, I'm guessing all parts vary a little but overall they should be close. It's pretty good but I consider myself very picky and meticulous, so, have high standards. Could have been better though. I guess we have to be a little bit happy that some decent pads are available for our rare cars.

No joke there, I am thrilled by the amount of aftermarket pieces we all have to chose from, especially after trying to fix up cars in the 80's and 90's lol. We should not have to worry about fit and finish with the amount of greenbacks we have to shell out for our rides though.   :nono:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008 - 11:23:03 PM »

We should not have to worry about fit and finish with the amount of greenbacks we have to shell out for our rides though.   :nono:

I agree, as far as I see it, if companies are going to make these parts they should make them right. Not make them just to make money. Quality should be first, word spreads and money will come if the product is of high quality.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008 - 03:29:38 AM »
what gets me is after spending all the time & $$ to make a product why stop when you have a product thats 95% correct , it cannot cost much more to get the thing right  :pullinghair:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008 - 05:21:50 PM »
I have gone through two dash pad through them now, they sent me a shipping label to send the original back for free, but the replacememt pad wasn't any better. I will do like others and work on it til its as good as I can get it.

I would pay more to have a perfect drop in pad with the correct grain and all, but when your others are selling I guess theres not as much incentive.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008 - 06:55:16 PM »

I would pay more to have a perfect drop in pad with the correct grain and all, but when your others are selling I guess theres not as much incentive.

Thats it in a nutshell. The companies still know they have a captive audience so when their finished product comes out with flaws, it still sells and they know that even though we are not happy, we will still buy because it beats the alternative.
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008 - 10:38:15 PM »
what gets me is after spending all the time & $$ to make a product why stop when you have a product thats 95% correct , it cannot cost much more to get the thing right  :pullinghair:

Sometimes, its due to the "Law of Diminishing Returns". Takes many times more investment to get that little extra bit.

Offline MoparCar

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008 - 11:18:52 PM »
Honestly,
I'm on their 3rd pad, gave up, I'll fix it and move on.
Terrible fit.

Offline NoMope Greg

• Resident
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008 - 11:48:25 PM »
Sometimes, its due to the "Law of Diminishing Returns". Takes many times more investment to get that little extra bit.

Agreed - but when the problem includes things like too much foam overspray in areas that shouldn't have it and holes for vents that are too small and require a lot of trimming, it shouldn't be too hard to fix.  If they have a test frame set up with a couple of vents, they could very easily trim to match properly before skinning it with vinyl.  I haven't yet tested mine for fit in the car, but my buddy Mike and I spent several hours trimming so that the vents would seat all the way into the holes.
Greg
2003 Ford Escape XLS
Currently Mopar-less :(

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008 - 07:00:54 PM »
Honestly,
I'm on their 3rd pad, gave up, I'll fix it and move on.
Terrible fit.

You're on your 3rd, Lunchbox on his second, it must be costing them a fair bit to cover all the shipping charges. You'd think they'd get the message. Apparently it's rumored that BE/A may be putting out a better product sometime in the future  :dunno:
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008 - 07:14:24 PM »
I'd be willing to donate a dash frame to pre fit the stuff before boxing it up and shipping it out. Man the horror stories are so many and for no good reason.

nivvy

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008 - 07:52:28 PM »
anyone have a pic of a dash cap???