Author Topic: Sharing my UR daspad pics...not a happy camper  (Read 4948 times)

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
Re: Sharing my UR daspad pics...not a happy camper
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008 - 07:53:44 PM »
anyone have a pic of a dash cap???
And pro's and con's on using a dash cap. :clueless:
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008 - 09:35:24 PM »
I got a cap on mine, some say they will warp in the sun.  I'll find out this summer. :dunno:

Tom

Looks better than the grand canyon I had there before.LOL

By tdavist, shot with DSC-P72 at 2008-04-09
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008 - 10:17:38 PM »
Thought I had some more.  These were during the rebuild.  I will take some more of the completed project. 
Dave or David

Offline gkring

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008 - 10:22:29 PM »
My cap didn't last one Texas summer before it warped. Brand new they look Ok from outside the car, in passing, at night, etc. Definitely better than a cracked up original. $100 for a dash cap or $500 for a UR dash pad. I will still take the dashpad even if it was not an out of the box ready to go deal. As long as you know going in it will take a few hours of fitting to make it right you should be okay. 10 times better than some of the reproduction trim plastic out there.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline Lunchbox

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008 - 03:06:39 AM »
You're on your 3rd, Lunchbox on his second, it must be costing them a fair bit to cover all the shipping charges. You'd think they'd get the message. Apparently it's rumored that BE/A may be putting out a better product sometime in the future  :dunno:

I hope you are right, I would by a better pad and take a loss on my old one.  :'(

Offline dwbiggs

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008 - 01:34:34 PM »
Because of the members here and on Moparts giving feedback on the issues you have discovered, Ultimate Rides is trying to fix them.

Gald I didn't get in on last group buy then....think I'll wait another year or so for the kinks to be worked out.

1974 Challenger Rallye - 440+.040, 0 decked, 10.5:1, Ross Pistons, Hughes 3844 cam (238/244, .536/.540), Eddy RPM manifold, Eddy aluminum heads, Holley 750, TTI headers, .96" T-bars, IAS shocks, 1 1/8" front sway bar, 3/4" rear sway bar, XHD 6 leaf springs, Firm Feel stage 2 steering box.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008 - 09:15:55 AM »
I sold 2 dash caps and 2 restored UR new pads to members here. I have been curious as how they fit. Never heard anything back from them, and I forget who I sold them to

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008 - 09:32:20 PM »
 :stirpot: ya all i picked through this thread and it just kills me .the cream always floats to the top ,cheap is for the cheap. i have installed many plastic dash pads on drivers these are great for the novice gaps and fit considered .my customers with show cars use the dashes from a small suburb of mexico city  called El paso, and Alan has sent several dash pads my way over the last few months all just great more money but no complaints .as for dash caps id rather drink bleach. 

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008 - 09:38:45 PM »
:stirpot: ya all i picked through this thread and it just kills me .the cream always floats to the top ,cheap is for the cheap. i have installed many plastic dash pads on drivers these are great for the novice gaps and fit considered .my customers with show cars use the dashes from a small suburb of mexico city  called El paso, and Alan has sent several dash pads my way over the last few months all just great more money but no complaints .as for dash caps id rather drink bleach. 

Some people don't have 600 bucks lying around.  BTW welcome to the site....

Tom :stirpot:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008 - 10:55:28 PM »
Alan has sent several dash pads my way over the last few months all just great more money but no complaints 

Mine looked great....on the workbench. For the record, it is a UR pad on a steel frame that lists for $629.00. I got a "show price" at the Nats. The pics I took are with it fully installed and, no offense, but I don't see anything "great" there. Oh, and like 72challorange said...welcome to cc.c 
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon

• Resident
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008 - 11:55:04 PM »

For someone with just 2 posts.............I really think you are too outspoken.  This forum is for folks that want to have some fun and get  help from its members.   It you want to spend $600 to $700 for a new dash, then by all means do it.  For us that just want to  have a nice ride and not go for a 100 point car then its our business.  I don't normally have a strong reply to posts but I think this one needs one.    :nono:

Check your local dollar store.............they have plenty of bleach!
Dave or David

craigsmytcudas

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008 - 01:19:57 PM »
dayley nothing personal but my point was that some members are not happy with a affordable part, then complains about the fit when they should be greatfull it even exists . i dont have a problem with some one that uses these parts ,just dont complain after wards . a person thats proud of there work surely would not plant some ones can on there car and then photograph it  .whats the # of posts have to do with this .

Offline gkring

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2008 - 02:07:16 PM »
Well when one dash fits great and other dashes don't I can see why people get upset. Personally I would set my expectations realistically as far as what is available out there. I am happy with mine from UR, but I don't have a show car-I got it on sale-and didn't find putting in a weekend worth of work to get it to fit. If it didn't look right I would keep sending it back until I got one that is acceptable. Eventually you will get one that is good enough or the vendor will decide that they can not satisfy you and hopefully just refund your money. If you expect to get an OEM quality dash it is probably not going to happen.
 number of posts directly corresponds to how rude someone can be, just like real life. No one here knows you, so comments not intended to be mean spirited come across as rude.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

• Resident
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008 - 08:43:02 PM »
Craig...........I looked at your Cudas.  Nice rides and I agree that you needed the REAL dash pads for those cars.   For us that just want a driver and have a limited amount of money to reinvest in a 39 year old car......Then thats the way it is. As I said I don't normally voice a strong opinion but when I saw you only had 2 posts at the time, then as gkring said, we don't know you and there have been some that have joined just to start something.  Anyway, welcome to the site and I like my cap................. :bigsmile:
Dave or David

Offline JayBee

• Resident
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2008 - 07:16:14 PM »
Just an update.

I talked to Alan at Ultimate Rides and he said he was sorry about the fit and will exchange it for me. Unfortunately I'm not about to do that job in the near future, maybe in a couple years when the car goes in for new paint. Hopefully his offer will stand up that long, if not then..oh well. He did say that they are making the pads themselves now and test fitting each one. That should be good news for the "group buy" people. 
John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2014 Toyota Avalon