Author Topic: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?  (Read 588510 times)

Offline dakota

Re: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?
« Reply #3255 on: March 24, 2016 - 05:19:31 AM »
Dropped off my dash frame to get powder coated.

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3256 on: March 26, 2016 - 12:23:59 AM »
Looking at mine as I do other things.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3257 on: March 26, 2016 - 01:09:14 AM »
Gotta do another Valve adjustment.

it's getting less and less so this should be one of the last for a while.
Cam mfg'r said .019 exh. and it was slightly noisy. When we went to .016 it was quieter.

But then the duration kicks in more.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline Lbs

« Reply #3258 on: March 26, 2016 - 02:46:24 AM »
Finishing up my alternator switch from Chrysler to Delco Remy, my amp gauge bypass,  and the addition of relays to my fan, fuel pump and headlights, also adding and alternator idiot light. .......turned out to be a pretty fun project.

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3259 on: March 26, 2016 - 08:40:28 AM »
Think I'll try fabricating a clutch safety interlock with a micro switch. Which means I'll have a sore back tonight. ::)
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #3260 on: March 26, 2016 - 09:27:53 AM »
Finishing up my alternator switch from Chrysler to Delco Remy, my amp gauge bypass,  and the addition of relays to my fan, fuel pump and headlights, also adding and alternator idiot light. .......turned out to be a pretty fun project.

What alternator did you end up with?  Was the bracketry change and pulley alignment difficult?

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #3261 on: March 26, 2016 - 09:28:52 AM »
Saying Goodbye :sadwavey:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Lbs

« Reply #3262 on: March 26, 2016 - 11:47:35 AM »
Msbaugh, I ended up using a Delco Remy 12SI 78 amp three wire alternator. It's a very common one and easily replaced. I actually found this used one on ebay for 30.00, which is the amount of the core charge for a rebuild. So I figured if it doesn't work I have a core to give them. I also have a beater that I could use to build my brackets. Building the bracket wasn't really as much trouble as I thought it might be. Just had to mock it up a few times and make a few adjustments each time and it fit in there nicely. A few people here on the forum think I may not have used a high enough output for my needs but I will finish this up and let you all know if I got lucky and got the right one. :stirpot 8)  I ran a remote voltage sensing wire over to my starter relay so it will be sending 14.2 volts over there and then distributed the power to my other relays from there. Hopefully nice bright lights and plenty of starting power. If not they make this same alternator with higher amp outputs and I will just bolt one of those on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Cudakiller70

« Reply #3263 on: March 26, 2016 - 01:32:49 PM »
Auto spell I'm tired of your shirt
The above is just my opinion
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #3264 on: March 26, 2016 - 01:50:42 PM »
Msbaugh, I ended up using a Delco Remy 12SI 78 amp three wire alternator. It's a very common one and easily replaced. I actually found this used one on ebay for 30.00, which is the amount of the core charge for a rebuild. So I figured if it doesn't work I have a core to give them. I also have a beater that I could use to build my brackets. Building the bracket wasn't really as much trouble as I thought it might be. Just had to mock it up a few times and make a few adjustments each time and it fit in there nicely. A few people here on the forum think I may not have used a high enough output for my needs but I will finish this up and let you all know if I got lucky and got the right one. :stirpot 8)  I ran a remote voltage sensing wire over to my starter relay so it will be sending 14.2 volts over there and then distributed the power to my other relays from there. Hopefully nice bright lights and plenty of starting power. If not they make this same alternator with higher amp outputs and I will just bolt one of those on.

Good thinking.  Do you know if the Pullies would be off much using a stock bracket? Could you drill and tap a hole in the alternator case if you needed to to make it fit the stock brackets?

Interesting that you ran the voltage sensing wire to the relay, most run it to the ignition
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016 - 06:37:58 AM by msbaugh »

Offline Lbs

« Reply #3265 on: March 26, 2016 - 10:30:13 PM »
I looked it over again and I don't think you could make work without adding that vertical piece to get the curved piece down far enough to clear the alternator itself.  I'm curious.....what would be the advantage to running the wire to the ignition. I'm still learning so if that would be better, let me know. Thanks

Offline EbodyMod

• Will it ever be finished????
« Reply #3266 on: March 26, 2016 - 10:32:39 PM »
 :wavingflag: This weekend...let the body work commence. :working:
:wavingflag:  Quit being offended by everything, I am sure you are doing something that upsets me, but I am not complaining about you!!! It is a free county get over yourself!

Offline thenuke1

« Reply #3267 on: March 26, 2016 - 11:12:14 PM »
Took it out when I went to watch batman v superman... Cruised to Northridge then to Encino and home =)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

(OO{+++++++}I{+++DODGE}OO)
     o                               o 
71 Challenger

If its got BOOBS or an ENGINE, your gonna have problems.

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3268 on: March 27, 2016 - 02:21:41 PM »
:wavingflag: This weekend...let the body work commence. :working:

This is where I am heading...
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3269 on: April 03, 2016 - 03:09:01 PM »
After last weeks valve adjustment, she's running tip top again.

Nice 72-75 degree cruising weather.  :bigshades:

Mike, Fremont, CA.