Author Topic: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?  (Read 588416 times)

Offline jordan

• no replacement for displacement
Re: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?
« Reply #2940 on: May 24, 2015 - 01:44:34 PM »
I was going to go to a local car show, but it decided to rain all day.  So, back to the shop.  I replace a scratched drivers door glass yesterday.  What a PITA, until I figured out how to do it correctly.  Now that it is aligned, the quarter window needs and alignment too.  So, I may as well do the passenger side too.  I am out to strip out the panels and start messing with the tracks.  Hopefully everything will align and seal.  I hope the details of it being flush all the way around really set it off.  I was planning on getting it tinted, but I think I changed my mind, and will stick with the factor tint, especially if the glass looks perfect. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Offline Cudaragtop

• Woulda Shoulda Cuda! Randy
« Reply #2941 on: May 25, 2015 - 03:18:47 AM »
Picked the car up from Fenders and Fins Friday.
Had a chip on the hood and ended up with the whole hood repainted. Got a couple other small touch ups and a complete cut and buff.
Now sporting the new Phoenix Graphics Replacement Hockey stripes with 418 instead of 340. Truth in advertising.  :2thumbs:
If the stripes that were on it were better I would have left them but they sucked a$$. The new ones are way better quality vinyl, craftsmanship, fit and finish.
I would definitely use them again. I have a spare set of 340 numbers too in case I want to go back to sleeper mode...

1. Yesterday I replace a melted speedo cable but it rained and kept me in the garage.

2. Today I decided to install the Rev-N-Nator. I've had it for about a year but after hearing of a few people having issues I decided to hold off till now.
I matched it with an MSD Blaster High vibration coil painted black. I was running a Mopar Chrome ECU 4 pin box.
My harness is for a 5 pin so one side of the dual ballast isn't really needed. Anyway I just kept the dual ballast instead of the .8 ohm single ballast that MSD recommends. The 1.0 ohm side of the dual ballast feeds the coil and I think it should be fine. I just don't want to alter the harness...
Well it worked great!  :clapping: I put it on with the car cold and it fired up fast fast fast! Seemed like the starter barely turned before it was running. Right away I noticed the A/F ratio looked a little leaner than before when first fired up cold.
Usually in the 11-12 range cold idle but now 12-13. Feels like it starts out smoother and low RPM idling through parking lots feels smoother too.
Cruise was 12.5-13.5 before and now looks closer to 13-14
Didn't drive far, just to get some gas and a short trip on the highway to get some springs. See# 3.
It fired up fast each time I started it. Noticeably quicker starts. I'm hoping for a little better MPH now.
It smells like it is running a bit leaner too or maybe just burning the fuel a little more completely.  :dunno:
Chrome box, spare ballast, spare voltage regulator, and old coil will be kept with the car just in case.

3. I fit a spring from the clutch pedal to a screw on the dash to get the pedal to return all the way to the top. Centrifugal clutch and the pedal just did not want to return the last 1/4-3/8 of an inch and it bugged me.
Sometimes it rattles a little too. Is there supposed to be a nylon bushing or something on the clutch pedal where the rod coming through the firewall attaches?
It is just metal to metal now but I want to say I thought there used to be a piece of plastic that the rod rides on.
Like this? or???

4. Troubleshot a stereo issue and traced it to a bad RCA cable. All better now.
5. Rocked out in the car in the garage for a while.  :ylsuper:
6. R&R the ashtray so I could tighten the lighter socket. Was loose and intermittent. I use it mostly for my plugin LED voltmeter and sometimes a portable GPS. No smoking!

- Randy D.
1 of 88 1970 340 4-Speed 'Cuda Convertibles
69 Barracuda Fastback Project Album https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8
----o00o--'(_)'--o00o----

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2942 on: May 25, 2015 - 08:16:30 AM »
I went to a local cruise night on Saturday. Met a friend and made a new friend. Went out for coffee afterwards!  It was a fun night! This car has  caused be to meet so many great people! I love that about it! Thought I was going to miss circle track racing after 25 years but..... not so much!  :2thumbs:

Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline dakota

« Reply #2943 on: May 25, 2015 - 08:43:54 PM »
Had a good long weekend working on the car.   Weird find of the day was finding what was left of a mouse nest in the well under the windshield wiper motor.   The small drain slot was completed plugged.    The wire from the choke cable made for a handy prod to clear the junk out.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #2944 on: May 25, 2015 - 09:28:16 PM »
Worked 3 days straight getting the engine back in and everything back together.
back to driveing her again.  i can't wait.

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline dfrazz

• 1970 Cuda - 1968 Charger
  • Resident
« Reply #2945 on: May 26, 2015 - 07:44:49 AM »
I got some drive time in between rain storms.

Offline djais1801

« Reply #2946 on: May 26, 2015 - 07:49:16 AM »
watched her sleep as I went to work...had off thurs before MDW but it rained so car show in town was cancelled  :pullinghair: worked 4-12hr shifts this weekend and looking forward to this thurs car show...but rain again in forecast!  son of a...

Offline djais1801

« Reply #2947 on: May 28, 2015 - 09:20:13 PM »

Offline djw383

« Reply #2948 on: May 28, 2015 - 09:23:10 PM »
What is better than that!

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #2949 on: May 29, 2015 - 12:12:47 AM »

Seats, carpet and maybe even a Good Guys event!!

:working:
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #2950 on: May 30, 2015 - 03:17:32 PM »
 :pullinghair:  :crying: cold. raining, damp maybe 40 degrees in the garage.  NIKKI has seen daylight only once this year....  :banghead:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2951 on: May 30, 2015 - 06:28:09 PM »
:pullinghair:  :crying: cold. raining, damp maybe 40 degrees in the garage.  NIKKI has seen daylight only once this year....  :banghead:

Same weather here, I'd had big plans for this weekend but the weather  has put an end to them.  :stomp:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #2952 on: May 30, 2015 - 06:53:49 PM »
My heart is empty. My wife is out of town, I sold my stealth a few months ago and the cuda is up on a lift in a transmission shop (rebuilding the a833), so my garage and driveway are empty! Except for my truck anyways.
At least I got in a couple hours of quality time with my baby (the cuda) up on the lift this morning. I wish I could fit one in my garage. Makes cleaning up the bottom half a LOT easier. So happy to see NO rust anywhere.  :clapping: :woo:
Made a picture of what it looked like right after I bought it, and today.

Next week taking it to a muffler shop to have the pipe welds cleaned up, and then Ill be spending a weekend putting in my drop spindles  :burnout:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015 - 07:01:39 PM by tommyg29 »
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #2953 on: May 30, 2015 - 10:45:54 PM »
Went to the Redlands Optimist Car show with some Mopar friends. Great show, includes live music, Beer, food and over 250 cars. Plus all the proceeds go to help local children.

Here are my friends and my car.

First is Dicks 1970 Challenger, the cars was built for SEMA and has a Gen II Hemi, tremic 5sp.

Next is Richards 71 RT 440.

Next is mine 70 Barracuda 440

Plus Dick and I won best in Class.

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #2954 on: May 31, 2015 - 12:50:24 AM »
Just returned back from Chicago today from a business trip.
Planning on firing up the Cuda and take a test drive.
Mike, Fremont, CA.