Author Topic: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?  (Read 588440 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?
« Reply #3000 on: July 18, 2015 - 11:00:17 PM »
Actually putting some miles on my AAR trying to work out some of the bugs....so far the list is pretty short.
Funny electrical problems:
When trying to first start the car, I came across the fact my brand new starter relay was faulty and didn't work.
Today I realized the problem with the horns was my brand new relay was faulty and didn't work  :pullinghair:

What are the chances :screwy: So much for replacing everything with "new" parts :banghead:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3001 on: July 18, 2015 - 11:34:24 PM »
I played with the carbs today a little.

I've had a bad sinus infection the last 3 weeks and haven't been very motivated to do any extra work.
Getting better finally.

Problem: Idle is slight fluctuating RPM's.
Suspect it's the idle circuits on one or both and I need to rebuild them.

When I give it acceration, from idle, it takes a while before it comes down.
The engine is shaking and I looked for a vacuum leak using propane but din't find any.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline don340-4

« Reply #3002 on: July 19, 2015 - 12:29:14 AM »

I'm replacing a leaking intake manifold gasket on my 383, it has been sucking oil in the runners, blowing puffs of white smoke every once in awhile at start up & leaving carbon deposits on the plugs. Got a Felpro 1214 gasket kit from Summit (1 day delivery from Vegas to So.Calif) did a mock up, can only use 1 of the composition gaskets on each side , so like Chryco said between head & steel pan gasket. I will be using Permatex Permashield to seal everything up, it seems to be the only sealer resistant to our ethanol enhanced fuel.

:wavingflag:     
Don
1970 Challenger R/T SE
1970 Challenger Western Sport Special
1969 Plymouth Road Runner
2012 Ram 1500 R/T

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #3003 on: July 19, 2015 - 04:34:01 PM »
Well, after spending 1/2 of yesterday sanding/scuffing, today I went out to the garage and epoxyed the bottom of the old sow. Had the mixer in the drill on high speed rather than torque and managed to toss about 5 ozs of epoxy all over the bench and floor when I went to mix the solids back in. Note to self: don't wear sandals while painting in the garage! Anyways, it looks better and more homogenous that the patchwork I've had up to now. Next comes more seam sealing and then I've got to figure out how to run the emergency cables through my subframe connectors. I know there's been a few threads on that and hopefully, I can find some of them. Time for a cold drink- or two, maybe. ;)

Offline marc70challenger

« Reply #3004 on: July 19, 2015 - 05:10:27 PM »
My "Challenger" emblem fell off the trunk lid ...  :roflsmiley:

Put that back on .... waiting for possible thunderstorm to pass and temp to drop bit ... then may take wife out and see if it holds on doing some donuts (ok ... maybe not full out donuts ... but ... ) ...  :burnout:
1970 Challenger 340 Performance Package
1965 Barracuda - "The Pumpkin"  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=116471.0

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3005 on: July 19, 2015 - 05:35:17 PM »
      I spent the day working on the new " OR "  operating room for short.   :roflsmiley:  My warehouse roomy won't be needing his side for several months so I rented some space devoted to the Challenger .  The car will be released from body shop prison tomorrow and coming home. This worked out really great as I have several tables set up to set out parts in order, seperate parts not being used, lots of room around the car to work, etc. I'll post lots of pics tomorrow on Toxicwolf's restoration thread of the homecoming, but on our inspection yesterday she looks fine as froghair.   :woohoo:    :cooldancing:   

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3006 on: July 19, 2015 - 05:40:30 PM »
My "Challenger" emblem fell off the trunk lid ...  :roflsmiley:

Put that back on .... waiting for possible thunderstorm to pass and temp to drop bit ... then may take wife out and see if it holds on doing some donuts (ok ... maybe not full out donuts ... but ... ) ...  :burnout:

Marc, I found the best way to keep them emblems on is 3 sheet rock screws, 1 on each end, 1 in the middle. If ya paint the heads body color they dissappear.  Don't thank me now, advise is free.    :smilielol:   :2thumbs:     Hi Cindy    :wave:

Offline crash340

« Reply #3007 on: July 19, 2015 - 05:48:39 PM »
Well, is Monday here, so this weekend is Mopar Sunday :jumping: :bananasmi :ylsuper: :burnout:
So Im taking the Cuda out to play, check out the pic's from previous years here
http://www.moparsunday.com/

Greg

73 Cuda
Brisbane, Australia

Offline marc70challenger

« Reply #3008 on: July 19, 2015 - 08:51:05 PM »
                    Marc, I found the best way to keep them emblems on is 3 sheet rock screws, 1 on each end, 1 in the middle. If ya paint the heads body color they dissappear.  Don't thank me now, advise is free.    :smilielol:   :2thumbs:     Hi Cindy    :wave:

Cool .... problem is ... there's no holes in trunk ... maybe trunk is off of a Nova or Duster ...  :roflsmiley:

I found some neat clear double-sided (and thin) tape ... it seems to be on pretty well ... we will see ...  :swaying:

Thanks ... she says hi back!   :wave:

Would love to get down to the shop  ... I need to fabricate some quarter-size front fenders for the deuce ... I'd offer up some coin for that ...  :grinno:

Keep cool  :cooldancing:
1970 Challenger 340 Performance Package
1965 Barracuda - "The Pumpkin"  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=116471.0

Offline djais1801

« Reply #3009 on: July 21, 2015 - 07:47:41 AM »
Got some mopar love last night at a car show.  There were about 100+ cars there, and I was surprised by winning a sponsor trophy AND Best in Show!!!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015 - 08:20:09 AM by djais1801 »

Offline Cudaragtop

• Woulda Shoulda Cuda! Randy
« Reply #3010 on: July 21, 2015 - 12:35:04 PM »
Sweet!  :clapping:  :2thumbs:
- Randy D.
1 of 88 1970 340 4-Speed 'Cuda Convertibles
69 Barracuda Fastback Project Album https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8
----o00o--'(_)'--o00o----

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #3011 on: July 21, 2015 - 11:02:41 PM »
Congrats, that's a nice looking car! Like that 58 Custom royal, did you? LOL My old man had the same thing in two tone green and it was not only a nice car, it'd go, too.  :cheers:

Offline djais1801

« Reply #3012 on: July 22, 2015 - 11:10:48 AM »
it was in good shape...he said he bought it in CA for $13k as it sits...pretty good for a 4 door.  my buddy has a 57 Belvedere 2dr. I liked it.  I really like early b bodies...my neighbor has a 64 440 model w/ a 426 wedge 4spd.
Congrats, that's a nice looking car! Like that 58 Custom royal, did you? LOL My old man had the same thing in two tone green and it was not only a nice car, it'd go, too.  :cheers:

Offline Skunkworks Challenger

• Mopars forever!
« Reply #3013 on: July 22, 2015 - 04:08:10 PM »
Driving my 70 RT e-body 195 miles (each way) to The Dalles/ Hood River, Oregon to a WPC (all Mopar) regional meet this weekend.  If you see a Sublime (FJ5) Challenger on I-5, 205 or WA 14 Thursday or Sunday honk, it's me!
The Brewmaster

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #3014 on: July 22, 2015 - 06:34:36 PM »
Got some mopar love last night at a car show.  There were about 100+ cars there, and I was surprised by winning a sponsor trophy AND Best in Show!!!

Best in show for a good reason...................NICE................... :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Dave or David