Author Topic: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?  (Read 588592 times)

Offline jimynick

• Resident
Re: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?
« Reply #3420 on: July 17, 2016 - 12:01:53 AM »
Ian, do you have room for an extra pair of hands on Saturday?
For your hands Murray?- always. Farmers know one end of a wrench from another and Lord knows, there's lots of wrenching to do yet. we've got the engine/trans in and today I got the shifter in and rodded up. Nick and I pulled the valve covers and realized that the rocket scientist that previously owned the car had the rocker arm shaft clamps on wrong and there was a 1/4" space between the centre cylinder rocker arms and that they were barely catching the valve stems!! Jesus! Lots more time in the blasting cabinet. Nicky picked one of the apparently, 8 sets of valve covers to replace the oem ones and more prep work ensued. I also got the headers in and found I need some exhaust studs to finish. It nevers stops, this thing, never, but I'll be GD'd if I'll let it win. Roll on.  :cheers:

Offline 73440

« Reply #3421 on: July 17, 2016 - 01:11:41 AM »
 Spent a few hours today finally wiring in the Revnnator ,new distributor to the ballast resistor.
After trying a couple of different wiring situations , current wiring harness has multiple unused wires and plugs, we put it as close to stock and she finally started immediatley.
Running real strong now with the Revnnator, new electronic distributor and new original Carter carb to the 68 440.
Starts almost immediatley, will check timing maybe tomorrow to verify setting.
Nice to get rid of the points.

https://pisuladevelopmentcompany.box.com/s/zt4jowarmccb6gh2do5t3u2gddpj12lt
67 440
72 413 / 727
73 Barracuda w/ 68 440
65 Plymouth Fury III , I sold ,was my Nana's car till 92 yo.
51 Ford F1 239 Flathead, flipped , new cab , stolen
59 BelAir 283 4 door original patina
01 Chevy van 420, 520 miles
06 Crown Vic Police Interceptor
75 HD Ironhead converted to RH shift
73 HD Ironhead
82 HD Ironhead
74 Norton 850
80 HD Shovelhead
80 Husqvarna WR 390

Offline Cudaragtop

• Woulda Shoulda Cuda! Randy
« Reply #3422 on: July 17, 2016 - 01:16:04 AM »
Made some more progress on the 69 FB. Put the rotisserie together. Putting up a new 18' x 20' portable car port over the top of it tomorrow and should have all of the suspension off and the car twirling.

Here is a link to our 69 Barracuda Project Photo Album. https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

- Randy D.
1 of 88 1970 340 4-Speed 'Cuda Convertibles
69 Barracuda Fastback Project Album https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8
----o00o--'(_)'--o00o----

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3423 on: July 17, 2016 - 08:01:14 AM »
Took it for a 2 hour cruise through twisty country roads. Had to back track once - they were spraying oil on the road at one spot - didn't want my white car turned black. Pistol grip, 4 speed and a 440 and a lot of curves are a lot of fun.  :burnout:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #3424 on: July 17, 2016 - 10:24:07 PM »
Well, Scotty showed up today at 8:30am and we began the install of the vinyl roof and front/windshield glasses. Nick and I worked on the engine and verified that the distributor drive gear was at least in the right spot. Spent way too much time starting header bolts that where so close to the tube that you had to put the bolt in the flange first and then try to start it in the head. Actually found 5/16" coarse/fine thread studs at CTC AND the 5/16-24 nuts to go with them! Got the oil filter adapter back on and the rad and hoses as well. Hopefully, we might get it where we can try to start it in the next couple of days- and keep our fingers crossed that it A: actually starts and B: runs ok. Finished and left garage about 6pm. This is a closely run race and we'll see how it turns out.  :-\

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #3425 on: July 17, 2016 - 10:26:44 PM »
How'd the roof turn out ?
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #3426 on: July 17, 2016 - 11:00:56 PM »
Good Alan, good, as I'm sure you're aware of. How was your Carlisle trip?

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #3427 on: July 17, 2016 - 11:10:19 PM »

Adjusting lash.... guess I didn't get all the value out of my machine shop guy.... :bricks1:
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline bandt

« Reply #3428 on: July 18, 2016 - 11:26:36 AM »
Well, Scotty showed up today at 8:30am and we began the install of the vinyl roof and front/windshield glasses. Nick and I worked on the engine and verified that the distributor drive gear was at least in the right spot. Spent way too much time starting header bolts that where so close to the tube that you had to put the bolt in the flange first and then try to start it in the head. Actually found 5/16" coarse/fine thread studs at CTC AND the 5/16-24 nuts to go with them! Got the oil filter adapter back on and the rad and hoses as well. Hopefully, we might get it where we can try to start it in the next couple of days- and keep our fingers crossed that it A: actually starts and B: runs ok. Finished and left garage about 6pm. This is a closely run race and we'll see how it turns out.  :-\
Hi Ian,

When does it go in for paint? Will you have it ready for moparfest? Sounds like you are making tons of progress.

Brian

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #3429 on: July 18, 2016 - 10:58:03 PM »
Ian, why an oil filter adapter? Had one on my car when I bought and now it's gone. Just another spot for a leak, and it did leak.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #3430 on: July 18, 2016 - 11:52:02 PM »
Ian, why an oil filter adapter? Had one on my car when I bought and now it's gone. Just another spot for a leak, and it did leak.
Dunno, it just came on it and we reattached it, Murray. Cleanliness is next to godliness with those things and a wee smear of high temp RTV doesn't come amiss either. Brian, it's not going in for paint until probably next year. It's 75% epoxy primer right now and I hope to get the whole thing squirted with that, in the next 10 days or so. The boys and I worked on it until 11:25 tonight and we may get it fired up tomorrow, we'll see. I'm praying that it runs ok as I've only had it running about 5 minutes in all the time I've owned it! LOL The Moparfest thing MIGHT happen, we'll see. If it's operable, it'll be going, but there's still a pretty long list of "to do's" to chew through. If you're in the area, drop in as I seem to be living in my garage full time lately.  :cheers:  Ian

Offline bandt

« Reply #3431 on: July 19, 2016 - 09:32:59 AM »
That's great Ian. Didn't realize you were so close to having it road worthy. We are up in Grand Bend for holidays the next couple weeks. I will try and touch base with you after that and have a peak.

Offline ebodycopper

« Reply #3432 on: July 20, 2016 - 11:45:31 PM »
Hey Ian, what is the latest?  I just tripped over this thread and I am getting pumped at your progress.   :wow: Was going to drop in on my way to Mopar night at the A&W in Cambridge Thursday but it looks like its going to be too hot and humid for the trip.

Offline BS CUDA

« Reply #3433 on: July 22, 2016 - 04:30:50 PM »
 Going to roll the dice and drive mine to the track tonight - normally I trailer but......... Cuz I run a gear shop I swapped my 4.10 chunk for a 3.73 to see if I can pick up a few mph - hopefully doesn't kill the 60' too badly - will certainly keep the rpm below 6500 through the traps though. Sure is nicer to cruise around town with the 3.73's. Also had the guys at our driveline shop build me a brand spanking new driveshaft - the 65mph buzz is now eliminated completely. Oh and installed a shift light with an integral digital tach - should keep her off the limiter.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3434 on: July 22, 2016 - 09:57:45 PM »
Pulling the gas tank out and replace that damn seal that flooded the driveway.   :working:
Mike, Fremont, CA.