Author Topic: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?  (Read 588607 times)

Offline jimynick

• Resident
Re: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?
« Reply #3435 on: July 22, 2016 - 11:21:42 PM »
Hey Ian, what is the latest?  I just tripped over this thread and I am getting pumped at your progress.   :wow: Was going to drop in on my way to Mopar night at the A&W in Cambridge Thursday but it looks like its going to be too hot and humid for the trip.
You're always welcome Doug, but your timing was excellent. I took a forbidden 2.5 days off and was at a buddy's cottage and just got back today. I sure hope those 2.5 days don't make the difference between finishing and not finishing in time, but I was sick of everyday 8-12 hour slogs and needed a wee bit of R&R. The bumpers are on and Nick and Jim have been working on the exhaust. I mounted the frt valance and parklights and we're going to try to get the carpet/seats and trim panels in asap as well as the steering column. I still have to figure out what I'm doing for wheels and tires and the clock's ticking! Regards, Ian  :wave:

Offline BS CUDA

« Reply #3436 on: July 23, 2016 - 11:54:46 PM »
Going to roll the dice and drive mine to the track tonight - normally I trailer but......... Cuz I run a gear shop I swapped my 4.10 chunk for a 3.73 to see if I can pick up a few mph - hopefully doesn't kill the 60' too badly - will certainly keep the rpm below 6500 through the traps though. Sure is nicer to cruise around town with the 3.73's. Also had the guys at our driveline shop build me a brand spanking new driveshaft - the 65mph buzz is now eliminated completely. Oh and installed a shift light with an integral digital tach - should keep her off the limiter.

Ok the shift light and working tach were fantastic - the ratio change however was a bust. Will be swapping the 4.10 chunk back in this week. Still suffering from fuel heat issues (28C last night) though and was quite evident on the return road after the pass. This after a carb heat shield and DEI wrap on the under hood fuel lines. Considering an Aeromotive Stealth 340 in tank fuel pump system - anyone try one of these yet? 

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3437 on: July 24, 2016 - 08:19:59 AM »
Trying to chase down a coolant leak. I bought a pressure tester and found a leak at the lower rad hose. Fixed that but the system still won't hold pressure ( rad hoses still soft/ no pressure after a 30 minute drive)  I use the pump in place of the rad cap and after 30 minutes it has slowly dropped to 7-8 psi ( from 18psi) but can't find the leak? :pullinghair:  Checked oil, all good, all I could find is one header bolt that shows signs of leaking at some point. I might drain down the rad and try resealing that bolt?  :dunno:
On the flip side it was close to 90 yesterday and temp was steady at 190 !
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016 - 07:02:36 PM by brads70 »
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline 73440

« Reply #3438 on: July 24, 2016 - 09:56:28 AM »
Ok the shift light and working tach were fantastic - the ratio change however was a bust. Will be swapping the 4.10 chunk back in this week. Still suffering from fuel heat issues (28C last night) though and was quite evident on the return road after the pass. This after a carb heat shield and DEI wrap on the under hood fuel lines. Considering an Aeromotive Stealth 340 in tank fuel pump system - anyone try one of these yet?

Have you tried any of the fuel coolers, do they help?
https://m.summitracing.com/search/part-type/fuel-coolers
67 440
72 413 / 727
73 Barracuda w/ 68 440
65 Plymouth Fury III , I sold ,was my Nana's car till 92 yo.
51 Ford F1 239 Flathead, flipped , new cab , stolen
59 BelAir 283 4 door original patina
01 Chevy van 420, 520 miles
06 Crown Vic Police Interceptor
75 HD Ironhead converted to RH shift
73 HD Ironhead
82 HD Ironhead
74 Norton 850
80 HD Shovelhead
80 Husqvarna WR 390

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #3439 on: July 24, 2016 - 11:30:39 PM »
Nick and I started in the garage about 10am and we quit about 10:30 pm. Whew, as it's nearly 90F here. We got the steering column in, I painted the door trim panels and installed the seat belts into the roof. Scary sticking a pick into my nice, new headliner in the hope that the pivot bolt's nut could be found. Found using a soldering gun helps to make a melted hole that isn't so likely to run/tear. We finally said "F it" and I poured some gas into the new tank, while looking for leaks (none) and then we cranked the old gal over until I saw gas at the fuel filter. I gave 'er a wee drink and after several false starts and one backfire ( I really didn't need those eyebrows anyway) be damned if the old gal didn't actually fire up! AND, after I'd babied it a little for a minute, it actually just sat there and IDLED! Be still my beating heart! Nicky thought the old sow was on fire due to the many and varied oil splotches here and there, but it burned clean and doesn't even seem to smoke much, if at all. Amazing to hear it run after being down for 25+ years and we can't get over how quiet it is- after we sliced and diced and migged the exhaust into submission. Chasing electrical demons now and it seems- according to Nick- that the fault may lay in the dash light dimmer. Has anyone else had this issue and are there any used ones for sale?  :cheers:

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #3440 on: July 25, 2016 - 09:17:48 AM »
You must be stoked about the engine!! My dash light dimmer didn't work so we put a jumper from the headlight switch direct to the dash lights. They are on full all the time but it's not too bright. Just right I would say. You could do that for now and deal with the dimmer later. Good luck with the rest of it.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #3441 on: July 26, 2016 - 01:12:51 AM »
Thanks Murray and you're right, we ARE kinda stoked that it seems to run half decently! Good Guy shout out to Brads70 for saving my ever tiring bacon with the loan of his nice Mini-lites and tires and battery and alternator!! There's not many people as decent as Brad Richmond left in this old world and I can't thank him enough for helping in my quest to take my car to what'll probably be my last old boys reunion this weekend. We worked on it until 12:30 and it's to go to the alignment shop @ 8am tomorrow. I haven't even moved it yet, so I hope my wrenching skills are still up to it, let alone the brake system! LOL  :cheers:

Offline bandt

« Reply #3442 on: July 26, 2016 - 10:58:44 AM »
That's great you got her done Ian. I'm sure you and the boys will have a great time with her even if there are a few things to still be done. Have a awesome time at a he reunion.

Brian

Offline CUDA JAS

• Resident
  • vroooooom!
« Reply #3443 on: July 30, 2016 - 10:12:07 AM »
Thanks Murray and you're right, we ARE kinda stoked that it seems to run half decently! Good Guy shout out to Brads70 for saving my ever tiring bacon with the loan of his nice Mini-lites and tires and battery and alternator!! There's not many people as decent as Brad Richmond left in this old world and I can't thank him enough for helping in my quest to take my car to what'll probably be my last old boys reunion this weekend. We worked on it until 12:30 and it's to go to the alignment shop @ 8am tomorrow. I haven't even moved it yet, so I hope my wrenching skills are still up to it, let alone the brake system! LOL  :cheers:

Ian that is awesome...I have not been keeping up on this thread and had no idea your had pushed it this far!

Sounds like you have a trip planned, so I hope it all goes as planned.

Hope to see you at Moparfest this year!
74 'cuda 360/727

Gearhead: car nut, automotive enthusiast, one who loves hot rods, muscle cars, hot trucks, burnin' rubber and neck snapping performance. 

Just call me a gearhead!

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3444 on: July 30, 2016 - 03:06:14 PM »
Buttoning a few things up this weekend, the 'Cuda should head to the body shop Monday!
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3445 on: July 31, 2016 - 02:20:43 PM »
Ready to go!

Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline 73440

« Reply #3446 on: July 31, 2016 - 02:30:56 PM »

Back in Nov , you said if and when you would get the Challenger going, its great to hear the day is arriving.
67 440
72 413 / 727
73 Barracuda w/ 68 440
65 Plymouth Fury III , I sold ,was my Nana's car till 92 yo.
51 Ford F1 239 Flathead, flipped , new cab , stolen
59 BelAir 283 4 door original patina
01 Chevy van 420, 520 miles
06 Crown Vic Police Interceptor
75 HD Ironhead converted to RH shift
73 HD Ironhead
82 HD Ironhead
74 Norton 850
80 HD Shovelhead
80 Husqvarna WR 390

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #3447 on: July 31, 2016 - 05:48:16 PM »
You can see it under the Shows and Drags section.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #3448 on: July 31, 2016 - 05:55:37 PM »

Thrashing some guages.  :bricks1:
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline js29no

« Reply #3449 on: August 01, 2016 - 09:17:11 AM »
Installed A new speedometer cable!!! now the speedometer works, NOT that I pay attention to it. :working: