What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?

Author Topic: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?  (Read 588164 times)

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?
« Reply #2415 on: February 08, 2014 - 12:38:41 PM »
...and an extra hood hinge spring.....GOOD DEAL :2thumbs: :smilielol:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2416 on: February 08, 2014 - 07:08:40 PM »
I ordered some tires for my new rims that I have yet to order. I also spent a few hours cutting out a template for a Trans-am style spoiler out of foam core paper stuff I bought from art supply store. My front valance is all warm in the basement off the car while I'm welding in the US Cartool cowl braces so it was a good time to mess with it. I haven't worked on the car in quite awhile, too cold and busy with work.
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline msbaugh

« Reply #2417 on: February 10, 2014 - 07:43:52 PM »
No work on my mopar has gotten done in quite a while, it's hunting season still, which always takes priority for me.  The challenger is just sitting, not enough time or money for me to do anything to it at the moment. Went on a few great goose hunts all the way from Lubbock back down to the Texas coast.  I worked my ass off setting up hundreds of decoys and keeping our marsh buggy operating.  I've also got the 5 speed transmission pulled out of our 93 jeep yj, rebuilt and ready for me to put it back in.  It's another hunting vehicle.  This southern Texas marsh hunting wears and tears on my equipment.  As soon as I fix something I end up breaking it again!! 

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #2418 on: February 12, 2014 - 12:17:09 AM »
Finaly resurrected the AAR hood I bought last year...  I won't say restore because this baby came back from the dead.
This is phase 1... still more tweeking to do but the major work is done.  More details to follow in my restore thread...

Yahoo!

Alan
1973 ‘Cuda   Semi-Pro Touring
360 SB - 518/OD auto tranny - FAST EZ EFI - Edelbrock Fuel sump - HHR fan
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to ’72 offset

Build: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=74674.0

Offline moparstyle

« Reply #2419 on: February 12, 2014 - 05:17:06 PM »
Mean looking car... install the windshield moldings and then keep the exterior like that...

Finaly resurrected the AAR hood I bought last year...  I won't say restore because this baby came back from the dead.
This is phase 1... still more tweeking to do but the major work is done.  More details to follow in my restore thread...

Yahoo!

Alan
72 Challenger, 440 stroker, 727 (70 clone)
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe
And on the side:
67 Pontiac GTO
63 Lincoln Continental

Offline Joe mama

« Reply #2420 on: February 13, 2014 - 09:01:03 AM »
For the last 2 months I've been modifying my garage so I can work on my Challenger. I built my garage about 10 years ago and built it with 8' side walls. I was never planning on purchasing a vehicle hoist. The place where I work purchased a building that had a hoist that they were going to scrap. Now I have a free hoist but I wasn't able to raise a car very high. My wife talked me into modifying the garage to be able to use the hoist. It didn't take much to talk me into that. Now that the garage is finished last week was the first time a was able to take a good look under the Challenger without it being on jack stands. This car is cleaner than I thought! It just needs a little detailing. (And a 6 pack!) Both should be finished soon.
73 Challenger, 440+6, 5 speed Tremec, Dana 60

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #2421 on: February 13, 2014 - 08:03:14 PM »
Mean looking car... install the windshield moldings and then keep the exterior like that...

I agree,
that beater look is awesome IMO.
I would love to have a gray primered AAR type cuda with a reliable 340, say with EFI, for daily transportation.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
To me, its almost like thats what classic muscle should be.
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66292.0
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014 - 08:14:58 PM by tommyg29 »
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #2422 on: February 14, 2014 - 12:12:52 AM »
I agree,
that beater look is awesome IMO.
I would love to have a gray primered AAR type cuda with a reliable 340, say with EFI, for daily transportation.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
To me, its almost like thats what classic muscle should be.
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=66292.0

Thanks guys...  I definately have a beater budget...  we'll see where the Fish goes from here.
Hella H4 headlights on relays - 97 Dodge Avenger seats - Chin spoiler - Bumpers pulled in to ’72 offset

Offline A110235

• '71 Challenger JH23G1B
« Reply #2423 on: February 16, 2014 - 10:26:20 PM »
I finished retrofitting my new Auto Meter gauges.  I saw another Challenger from a car show a long time ago that had this done and I really liked it.  I think that Goody's gauges are like this too.

Kyle

Nashville, TN         Member since October 09, 2004

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #2424 on: February 16, 2014 - 10:37:00 PM »
I finished retrofitting my new Auto Meter gauges.  I saw another Challenger from a car show a long time ago that had this done and I really liked it.  I think that Goody's gauges are like this too.

Kyle
Looks really good!

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #2425 on: February 23, 2014 - 11:20:03 AM »
I replaced my external fuel pump with an Edelbrock EFI fuel sump (kit# 3607). 

I wish I’d had this a year ago when I put the FAST EZ EFI v1 system in.  I didn’t want to cut up my fuel tank so I put the external Walbro pump in.  It sat just in front of the fuel tank and whinned enough when it was on to be a nuisance. 

The Edelbrock system is cool and easy to install.  It uses the standard mechanical pump to feed its reservoir and pushes 49 psi (you can get one with higher pressure) to the EFI system by a pump submerged in the sump.  It should eliminate any cut outs due to fuel sloshing around in the tank and keep the pump cooler.

The Fish has better throttle response…  The old setup was set at 43 psi so it seems to like 49 psi.  I’ve only had it a day, but drove it pretty hard and it’s been flawless so far.

Edelbrock sump and the mechanical fuel pump.

mechanical fuel pump

installed

fyi – yes a cutoff broom stick handle is my temporary hood bumper.  

Offline A110235

• '71 Challenger JH23G1B
« Reply #2426 on: February 24, 2014 - 10:30:19 AM »
360 that is awesome!  I have never seen this setup before.  I am using the Powerjection 3 fuel injection system and my only complaint so far is the noise from the electric fuel pump that came with the kit.  The noise isn't a deal breaker, but I have started looking at fuel tanks that have an internal pump to cut down on it.  Please post an update about this, I'm interested in your overall review once you have had it for a while.

Kyle

Nashville, TN         Member since October 09, 2004

Offline 360FISH

• BS23H3B567746
« Reply #2427 on: February 25, 2014 - 01:05:55 AM »
360 that is awesome!  I have never seen this setup before.  I am using the Powerjection 3 fuel injection system and my only complaint so far is the noise from the electric fuel pump that came with the kit.  The noise isn't a deal breaker, but I have started looking at fuel tanks that have an internal pump to cut down on it.  Please post an update about this, I'm interested in your overall review once you have had it for a while.

Kyle

Hey Kyle, I'll post updates here...  http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=74674.150
Love your profile pic!

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #2428 on: March 02, 2014 - 10:06:56 PM »
72cudamaan and Mrs cudamaan came for the weekend. jimmynick showed up for a bit on Sat. and it took the three of us 2 1/2 hrs to put antifreeze in my car and start it :roflsmiley: Put a REV-N-NATOR on this morning. Thanks for your help Andy and good to meet you Ian.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #2429 on: March 02, 2014 - 10:48:19 PM »
Hahahaha, you're more than fair by not saying I dribbled some of that antifreeze when pouring it in! It was really good to put some faces to the names Murray and it was good to meet Andy as well. That's a hell of a shop you've got to work in and I have a severe case of garage envy now. Like I said, I WISH my old gal looked as good as your's does. One day, God willing. Boy, Andy looked good for a man with his health issues and it sounds like his Cuda is getting close. I hope his sounds as good as yours did. It was weird about those guys being at the Auburn Hills swap meet and to think that we didn't even realize it. Anyways, I enjoyed having a couple of Chrystal's with you guys and shooting the breeze. Let's do it again some time.  :cheers: Ian