Author Topic: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?  (Read 588149 times)

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
Re: What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?
« Reply #2430 on: March 03, 2014 - 08:09:33 AM »
72cudamaan and Mrs cudamaan came for the weekend. jimmynick showed up for a bit on Sat. and it took the three of us 2 1/2 hrs to put antifreeze in my car and start it :roflsmiley: Put a REV-N-NATOR on this morning. Thanks for your help Andy and good to meet you Ian.

Sounds like fun! Sorry I missed out. Spent the weekend laying around with a nasty head cold. Great , just before we go down to Myrtle beach, hope it's gone by Thursday.  ::) :eek4:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #2431 on: March 03, 2014 - 08:37:32 AM »
Hahahaha, you're more than fair by not saying I dribbled some of that antifreeze when pouring it in! It was really good to put some faces to the names Murray and it was good to meet Andy as well. That's a hell of a shop you've got to work in and I have a severe case of garage envy now. Like I said, I WISH my old gal looked as good as your's does. One day, God willing. Boy, Andy looked good for a man with his health issues and it sounds like his Cuda is getting close. I hope his sounds as good as yours did. It was weird about those guys being at the Auburn Hills swap meet and to think that we didn't even realize it. Anyways, I enjoyed having a couple of Chrystal's with you guys and shooting the breeze. Let's do it again some time.  :cheers: Ian

It was just antifreeze. At least you didn't spill any beer :clapping: Thanks for supplying the suds  :cheers:
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #2432 on: March 03, 2014 - 12:31:23 PM »
Ya know, it wouldn't have taken 3 1/2 hours if you dang Canadians would learn to measure properly. Damn
metric system anyhow.   :roflsmiley:
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline 72cudamaan

• Resident
« Reply #2433 on: March 03, 2014 - 12:33:41 PM »
And by the way, it was great meeting you as well Ian. Never had a Labatt's crystal before. Tasty too. And
it was a fun time working on the car. Murray, thank your wife again for me for all the hospitality please.
If I cant fix it, it's broke

Andy  (phukker whither)

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #2434 on: March 03, 2014 - 10:56:05 PM »
The pleasure was all mine Andy! Glad you liked the beer, it's kinda a cultish thing here in Ontario. I'll pm you in a few weeks about that other thing we discussed, if that's ok with you? Hope you're doing well and Murray, yes, let's do it again. If it ever stops snowing around here and Andy was to come up in the summer, I'll supply the steaks.  :cheers: Ian

Offline Joe mama

« Reply #2435 on: March 04, 2014 - 04:39:33 PM »
Removed the edelebrock 4 brl & installed the 6 pack last night. I have a A12 air cleaner that unfortunetly I butchered up years ago. I'm going to see if I can get it to work or fix it and sell it and get something else to fit.
73 Challenger, 440+6, 5 speed Tremec, Dana 60

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #2436 on: March 04, 2014 - 08:39:22 PM »
I sent the seat bottom halves back to Legendary to be re done.

I just don't want anymore "experimenting" or "hope it works" done on my seats.
Probably 3 weeks now till they're all back to be put together with the seat uppers.

I'll be putting 10 gallons on 96 Octane in this week-end and put the rest of the front end together.

Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #2437 on: March 04, 2014 - 09:03:07 PM »
Removed the edelebrock 4 brl & installed the 6 pack last night. I have a A12 air cleaner that unfortunetly I butchered up years ago. I'm going to see if I can get it to work or fix it and sell it and get something else to fit.

That is a nice looking setup there. Ive been trying to get my old six pack running properly, and the tuning part isnt easy for me.
Probably doesnt help that theyre 43 years old.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #2438 on: March 04, 2014 - 09:44:59 PM »
Mounted an aftermarket tach today. I knew my old tach was inacurate. The old one read 3400, the new on 2700. I have them both working. 1400 and 1000 at idle.

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #2439 on: March 04, 2014 - 10:21:38 PM »
Mounted an aftermarket tach today. I knew my old tach was inacurate. The old one read 3400, the new on 2700. I have them both working. 1400 and 1000 at idle.
My tach also reads about 500 too fast. Just confirmed it again tonight with my digital tack/timing light.
I have the MSD w/tach adapter so I dont know why
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline Joe mama

« Reply #2440 on: March 05, 2014 - 07:01:26 AM »

That is a nice looking setup there. Ive been trying to get my old six pack running properly, and the tuning part isnt easy for me.
Probably doesnt help that theyre 43 years old.

Thanks! Hopefully mine will run o.k. A good friend of mine set them up for me was a engeneer for Holly for 25 years.
73 Challenger, 440+6, 5 speed Tremec, Dana 60

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #2441 on: March 05, 2014 - 08:53:23 AM »
My tach also reads about 500 too fast. Just confirmed it again tonight with my digital tack/timing light.
I have the MSD w/tach adapter so I dont know why

From what I understand the factory tachs aren't that accurate by this stage in their life.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2442 on: March 05, 2014 - 01:38:37 PM »
I'm heading down to Myrtle Beach in the morning to rendezvous with a few parts.....oh ya and to hang out with family (inlaws) for a week or so. Might go check out that Mopar wrecking yard I noticed posted in another post. while I'm down there.  :naughty:
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline moparstyle

« Reply #2443 on: March 09, 2014 - 12:41:08 AM »
I finally pulled my self together and handled 2 issues with my Challenger thats been bugging me for some time, leaking oil pan and sloppy steering box.
The oil pan gaskets where quite straightforward but the steering box... hopefully i dont need to replace that one often...

The steering box is nothing fancy, standard rebuilt unit from Rockauto. While i was at it, i also did this shim thing on the pressure valve in the power steering pump (as per article in Mopar action). That was like night and day!
There is now a slight "resistance| in the steering wheel when driving and i can really feel the road. 
Simple and cheap and a major improvement.
72 Challenger, 440 stroker, 727 (70 clone)
70 Barracuda Gran Coupe
And on the side:
67 Pontiac GTO
63 Lincoln Continental

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #2444 on: March 09, 2014 - 01:07:01 AM »
I worked on the front suspension today.

Had a problem with one side.
The rotor doesn't look close enough to the splash shield.
That created the caliper not to go over it easily.

Take apart, clean, and re check everything.   ::)
Mike, Fremont, CA.