Author Topic: hood hinges  (Read 1308 times)

Offline WVUFELLA

• (OO/---------\OO) closest i could for a 72
hood hinges
« on: April 27, 2008 - 09:55:56 AM »
hey yall i had some military schooling for the last 6 weeks and i finally got home last night. The paint guy has been making some progress and i am gonna need to be setting the hood on soon. However My hinges set the hood down unevenly. DO you where i can send them to have them looked at ? buy new ones? or is there some way of fixing them?? they look to be in good shape but when the hood goe up or down  it seems like one of the springs is stronger than the other one and it puts the hood on a bind?????

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: hood hinges
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008 - 12:02:45 PM »
Raise the front of the hinge on the side that sits too high when the hood is closed , that will adjust it so  the hood sits down properly 

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008 - 11:19:30 AM »
SMS  :money:   I wanna' try the billet XV ones. :dunno:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Slotts

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008 - 12:11:54 PM »
I'm not really sure if this is your problem, but it happened to me. Before my Challenger was stored away over 25 years ago, the hood would not pull down on the rear driver's side. No matter what adjustment I tried to make, it was still about an inch higher than the fender. Simply put, I sent them to SMS for a restoration and found out that the driver's side hinge had been replaced with a Charger hinge. Sylvain called me and told me he had a correct core and solved the problem.

Slotts

Offline drewcrane

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008 - 01:34:16 PM »
SMS  :money:   I wanna' try the billet XV ones. :dunno:
last i saw in mopar muscle rag mag they said they might not make them the tech guy at xv said im on his e mail and he will let me know that was in jan. he said late spring, i kinda wonder about the gas shocks they use , i wonder if they hold up! :droolingbounce:i like them too!