PHOTOS NOW 1970 Cuda matching numbers California original car with factory air

Author Topic: PHOTOS NOW 1970 Cuda matching numbers California original car with factory air  (Read 6086 times)

Offline californiadoug

I am picking up this 1970 Cuda from a guy since it was too sweet of a car to pass up. I restore Chargers and ran across this numbers matching Cuda that has been sitting in a garage for about 25 years and is an original CA car. The owner told me this about it... it has the original drivetrain 340HP motor, a/c, ps, fog light package, rebuilt motor, fender tag, premium package, with spare hood with dual scoops, copper paint and black interior, lots of spare parts. I can post photos later tomorrow after I get the car (Wednesday).  If I don't get what I want for it then I will restore it. 415 216 9206. The nada guide said the average for this car was over $50k but I would sell it for alot less. Will look at all offers. The car is located in Santa Cruz CA. You also email me at doug@reninet.com. This is a super clean car (I saw it a couple of months ago). The odometer reads about 34k and the guys wife had the car since almost new and only put about 8k on it so it could be original miles.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008 - 11:05:13 PM by californiadoug »

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
Re: 1970 Cuda matching numbers California original car with factory air
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008 - 03:36:38 AM »
 :useless:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline scf100

• FAST LANE FOREVER!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008 - 11:47:19 PM »
The moderators here require a firm price for all ads.....fyi
1970 Challenger R/T convertible 383…. 4-speed…3.91 suregrip

Triple Black

Offline californiadoug

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008 - 11:51:20 PM »
not to toot my own horn but  :wow: this Cuda is sweet!!! The interior is like new, the paint is almost all original, I think I may have been converted to CUDAS!!! I am actually having mixed feelings about selling it but would probably since I want to buy a convertible (would love a Cuda convertible but my budget wouldn't even get me into a clone
).  I will try to post pics tomorrow. It came with a spare dual scoop hood, interior parts, luggage rack, trunk, 3 transmissions (my back is still aching), and much more. This interesting thing is the fender tag has one put on top of another but layered on with about 30% of the lower one showing. Has anyone seen this before? The owner said it had a premium package? Also, it has a wood grain steering wheel, dash, and center consol. This is a very rare gem!!!

Offline californiadoug

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008 - 11:55:30 PM »
The moderators here require a firm price for all ads.....fyi

thanks for the info. not to stir things up but as someone who has owned dozens of muscle cars, rarely is one sold for a firm price. if I must put one on it then $35k obo... whoops I guess thats not firm either but it is a starting place. :bigsmile:

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008 - 12:04:51 AM »
 :useless:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline californiadoug

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008 - 12:41:52 AM »
Working on the pics. How much does it costs for the parts to make a Cuda into a convertible and where can you get them? The only reason I would sell this car was to buy a convertible and since I restore Chargers and they didn't make convertible ones, I was going to get another Chevelle convertible like I had years ago. This Cuda is so sweet that I am thinking I want to keep it and since I can't really afford two personal muscle cars... maybe making this a convertible would be the way to go since it seems like it wouldn't devalue it.

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008 - 01:12:15 AM »
If the car is that nice, why wreck it? Sell it and buy a car that needs TLC and make it into a convert.  :2cents:

Offline californiadoug

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008 - 02:30:23 AM »
If the car is that nice, why wreck it? Sell it and buy a car that needs TLC and make it into a convert.  :2cents:

you have a good point.

Offline FY1Cuda

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008 - 01:04:22 PM »
Our '70 Cuda has the two tags on top each other also.  Heard it was the way it was done in the LA plant.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008 - 04:45:19 PM »
You cant go by NADA values, as they are pretty much bogus. If you check places like autabuy.com, you will find dozens of beautifully restored 1970 340 Cudas for $30k-$40k. You might get that out of a survivor, though, so your price is not out of line if the car is as nice as you say.

As for making it into a convertible, you would have to put so much money in it that it wouldnt be worth it, and if you ever went to sell it, no one that knows anything about them would want to buy it. Totally a lose/lose situation if you go that route.

Since you say you can only afford one personal muscle car, it seems to me that your best course of action is to sell the Cuda, and the Chevelle. That should get you into the neighborhood of a Cuda convertible that needs some restoration or TLC, and you can do the rest. Dream realized. Problem solved.

BTW, Challenger convertibles go for a lot less than Cudas, so you could also just get a Challenger. It's still an ebody, and not that much different. One of the board members recently sold one that needed restoration for a couple thousand dollars.

Offline californiadoug

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008 - 10:55:07 PM »
You cant go by NADA values, as they are pretty much bogus. If you check places like autabuy.com, you will find dozens of beautifully restored 1970 340 Cudas for $30k-$40k. You might get that out of a survivor, though, so your price is not out of line if the car is as nice as you say.

As for making it into a convertible, you would have to put so much money in it that it wouldnt be worth it, and if you ever went to sell it, no one that knows anything about them would want to buy it. Totally a lose/lose situation if you go that route.

Since you say you can only afford one personal muscle car, it seems to me that your best course of action is to sell the Cuda, and the Chevelle. That should get you into the neighborhood of a Cuda convertible that needs some restoration or TLC, and you can do the rest. Dream realized. Problem solved.

BTW, Challenger convertibles go for a lot less than Cudas, so you could also just get a Challenger. It's still an ebody, and not that much different. One of the board members recently sold one that needed restoration for a couple thousand dollars.

good points, the more I look at it the more I don't want to mess with its originalness. It has the 2 fender tags since it has so many options that they wouldn't fit on one tag. Never seen a mopar like that.  the seller said it had a premium package. my car is an original CA car so that would make sense that it came out of LA. I will try to take photos tomorrow.

Offline jims70cuda

• My car photos
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008 - 09:58:03 AM »
 :picture: :picture: please

Just a quick questions and it might be dumb . :dunno: ..but I didn't think the 340 'Cudas came with A/C in 70. I could be wrong, but when I researched the options on my 70 Cuda, I found it odd that none of the 340s in 70 had the H51 code.

The car sounds sweet, and I would also keep it a coupe.  :2thumbs:
cuda-challenger.com's resident ricer
1970 'Cuda 340 727 w/ 3.91 "Project"
Lemon Twist, black vinyl top, Hockey Stick, Go-Wing, Louvers
2004 SRT 4 "Scarlet"
Flame red, AAR 'Cuda Stripes, 1/4 mile - 13.4 @ 109 on street tires

Offline californiadoug

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008 - 03:25:14 AM »
:picture: :picture: please

Just a quick questions and it might be dumb . :dunno: ..but I didn't think the 340 'Cudas came with A/C in 70. I could be wrong, but when I researched the options on my 70 Cuda, I found it odd that none of the 340s in 70 had the H51 code.

The car sounds sweet, and I would also keep it a coupe.  :2thumbs:

Don't know much about Cudas only Chargers. I'll see if it has the H51 code tomorrow and get photos.

Offline californiadoug

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008 - 05:35:26 PM »
the car is on ebay 190219897925 and yes it has air conditioning.