Author Topic: CAP Automotive k member?  (Read 848 times)

Offline 426cudafish

CAP Automotive k member?
« on: May 01, 2008 - 10:26:20 PM »
My k member bent and I'm looking at this for a better and lighter replacement.
Cuda has a big block with tubular uca's from magnum force racing, 1 1/8 front sway bar, 3/4 rear sway bar, .960 torsion bars, HD 6 leaf springs, welded subframe connectors, edelbrock IAS shocks, firm feel stage II steering box and reinforced lca's.
They have a rack & pinion, tubular uca's & lca's, and aluminum adjustable strut bars . My 13 inch baer brakes will work since it's a direct bolt-on.
They tell me to get their strut bars b/c you can get 3 or more degrees of caster from uca's and their lca's b/c they will be stronger than the one's I have. The rack is up in the air...either I get it or stay with stage II or go up to stage III? I plan to drive cuda on weekends, but also want good handling for any events. I have 245/45/17 front and 285/40/18 rear and also plan on getting xv level I suspension.
Anyone have any experience with this k member and comment on my plan of upgrades.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008 - 10:31:01 PM by 426cudafish »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: CAP Automotive k member?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008 - 01:48:10 AM »
actually I like the Cap Xmember best more for the ability to retain the T bars than any other reason , I don`t have any personal experience with it yet buyt I like the engineering in it

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t