For Sale - RB 451 (440+.060) performance long block- BRAND NEW

Author Topic: For Sale - RB 451 (440+.060) performance long block- BRAND NEW  (Read 722 times)

Offline moper

• Resident
I have a project of my own that I dont want to finish. It's mid 70s 440 build. I have the parts for a complete longblock, currently the short is together, one head needs the porting (minor work) finished and the milling. Machining operations include on block/rotating assembly, strip, airless shot, magnaflux, sonic test, fit main studs, align bore/hone, cylinder bore, square deck, plateau hone, deburr, modify oil system, and clean; crank was magnafluxed and inspected, stroke corrected, indexed, mains and rods turned and polished. Rods were inspected, airless shotted, fitted with bolts and had pistons mounted. Assembly was competition internally balanced to +/- .1 gram. Assembled with spec sheet, cam degreed, etc. On heads: strip, clean, airless shot, magnaflux, install 16 new guide liners, trims guides for teflon seals, cut spring pockets for double springs, install 8 new hardened exh seats, 5 angle Serdi valve job, stage 2 port/polish, flow test, mill deck and intake surfaces, assemble. For parts in shortblock: ARP main stud kit, stock forged 3.75 stroke crank, LY factory rods w/ARP bolts, Clevite main and rod bearings (.010/.010), Durabond cam bearings, brass core plugs, Dorman dist bushing, Keith Black quench dome pistons, Speed Pro file to fit moly rings, Professional Products dampner, MP windage tray, oil pan package, oil pump drive, Melling high pressure oil pump, MP fuel pump pushrod, Crane hydraulic grind H-312-2 (Int .528, 312°, 242°@.050; Ex .552, 322°, 252°@.050) Comp Cams billet roller timing set. On the heads: New K-line guide inserts, new exh seats, New 2.14/1.81 SSI performance valves, Crane springs, retainers, and locks. Th eengine is designed for pump unleaded, with the open chamber iron heads. Heads flowed 280 on the intake, 188 IIRC.(I have the sheet).  I have a lot of time n this one, as it was for my own car. I'm asking $4500 as it sits, as a completed and running, cam broken in and inner springs added, ready to drop in engine, complete with new intake, carb, and distributor $6500. The output is expected to be in the 525hp/525tq range, on pump fuel. This is not for power brakes, or stock exh manifolds. Pics to follow when I get all the stuff under one roof... PM me here, or email to Dmador@travelers.com