Author Topic: If You Ever Visit Gatlinburg TN You Must Stop In And See.....  (Read 3091 times)

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Ok so we are on vacation in Gatlinburg/Pigon Forge TN and we have done a few things worth mentioning:

1.  Terry Evanswood "Magic Beyond Belief"
2.  Dolly Partons Dinner Show "The Dixie Stampede"
3.  Ripley's Miror Maze and Wax Mesuem

There are tons of other things to do, there is an awesome Aquarium but our son isnt into fish...?  So we didnt visit it.  I have been previous it also is awesome.  Like I said these two towns are fun to visit, and if Im not mistaken there is an all Mopar show held here as well some time during the summer???  Anyone ever been?  But if I had to say anything was a must do it would be the magic show, it was awesome.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Re: If You Ever Visit Gatlinburg TN You Must Stop In And See.....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008 - 01:36:23 AM »

Isn't that Ripley museum in movies, like house of 1,000 corpses.
I've definitely heard of it, maybe I'm thinking of Ripley's believe it or not.  :clueless:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008 - 11:06:37 AM »
Carl,

There is Ripleys stuff all over Gatlinberg.  I dont know about House of a 1000 corpes stuff but there is a small horror section in that wax mesuem it was pretty cool.  They do also have the Beleive It or Not museum there, it was cool.  Just not in the top 3 LOL!!! 

Don   

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008 - 11:33:15 AM »
That's a great place for a vacation and such a senic area with the mountains. I love Dollywood.  :clapping: I've not heard of the magic show. Is that something fairly new?? We've not been since I think 2003. The aquarium is a great visit too!! Glad you had a nice vacation. You deserve it Don!!! :bananasmi

Matt B.
Matt

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008 - 11:42:51 AM »
The Magician has been in the town for about 12yrs but I think he just recently got his own place.  Its right on the strip in Pigon Forge.  It was a great show.

Don

Offline Cuda Wuda

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008 - 06:59:46 PM »
 Are you going to the Muscle car museum? There were plenty of Mopars there last time I went.  :droolingbounce: http://musclecarmuseum.com/

70' Cuda 340 4spd (being revived)
Birmingham, Al
Mopar or NO CAR!!

Offline longgone

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008 - 08:22:06 PM »
I go to pigeon forge/gattinburg 2-3 times a year.  Usually for the spring and fall grand rod runs.  Great place to visit and I've done all the attractions around town.  The murder mystery dinner is worth seeing as well.
Blueglow

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008 - 11:00:56 PM »
My wife and I just got back from Nashville yesterday.  Took the General Jackson Riverboat cruise on the Cumberland River.  Had a great time and warm weather to boot.  We weren't too far from you if you were in Gatlinburg. 

Cooter's in Nashville is dedicated to the Dukes of Hazard.  All kinds of memorabilla from the TV show.  Two General Lee's on site.  I loved it.  Hope you're having a great time.
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008 - 05:34:40 PM »
My sister lives in Springfield just north of Nashville, we visit as often as we can, it's very nice there. So far we have been to Lynchburg to see the Jack Daniels distillery, Chatanooga to see rock mountian, and downtown Nashville. I would move there in a heartbeat. I actually drove there from Edmonton with a holiday trailer hooked on..LOL...just about broke me in fuel.

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008 - 02:01:45 PM »
After DEC of 08' (After I get back from Iraq) if your going to be in the Nashville area and you want to hook up and talk Mopars hit me up for sure!  I live about 45 min from Nashville!  I always love to meet members.

Don

Offline KellysCuda aircard

• Its good to be blown
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008 - 01:27:48 PM »
After DEC of 08' (After I get back from Iraq) if your going to be in the Nashville area and you want to hook up and talk Mopars hit me up for sure!  I live about 45 min from Nashville!  I always love to meet members.

Don

I'll be looking you up when I get down there, I try to get there every second year. Which way from Nashville are you?

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008 - 02:19:55 PM »
North and South!  Currently Im stationed at Fort Campbell KY (45min from Nash) and I grew up in Sparta TN which is an hour from Nash.  My Mom currently lives in Murfreesboro which is 30 mins from Nashville so either way Im covered LOL!!!  I look foward to hooking up when I get back home! 

Don

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008 - 02:43:02 PM »
If You Ever Visit Gatlinburg TN You Must Stop In And See.....

Don

Graduation is over  :woohoo: and we fly out in the morning!  Can't wait to see the Floyd Garrett  Musuem. :drool:

We are going to go to Dollywood, the Aquarium, the Muscle Car Museum, ride the ski lift near Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg, and head down to Ruby Falls for a day and then over to Nashville for a couple of days.   We are really looking forward to it!!  This will be our first vacation in 4 years!!!  :woo:   

Any good places to eat? :drool:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 - 03:37:02 PM by carcrazyguy »

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008 - 07:25:55 AM »
Sounds like you got a great trip planned!  If you got time while your in Pigon Forge go see the Terry Evanswood "Magic Beyond Beleif" show.  Well worth the time.  Let us know how the trip goes. 

Cuda Guy

Offline carcrazyguy

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008 - 07:22:50 PM »
We just got to the hotel.  Getting ready to find something to eat.   :drool:   If anyone has some suggestions on local places to eat let me know.  We are in Sevierville for the next 4 days, then heading over to Chattanooga (Ruby Falls) for a day. Then back to Nashville for a day.   

We rented a car from Dollar.  They showed they rented Charger's (or similar) as a full size, so went with that.  Got to the airport, they hand me the keys and it is a Nissan Altima.  I handed the keys back and asked for the Charger, but they told me they did not have one. :walkaway:  So we ended up with the Altima, complete with key mark scratches.