Author Topic: Paint question  (Read 809 times)

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
Paint question
« on: May 11, 2008 - 07:39:07 PM »
My car is going to paint soon and I would like your opinion on some of the parts and how to paint them.
 First on the header panel I have been thinking of painting every thing in a gloss black, so the question is what do you think? Black or paint it red ?
Next on the tail panel I am pretty much set on painting it black , so what do you think?
Everything between the decklid and the bumper would be black
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

craigsmytcudas

Re: Paint question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008 - 08:45:40 PM »
nice car we have had this problem on challys car. the problem is were to make the break from red to black we went with car color its the tips of fenders that mess up the already great lines of challengers thats my opinion its what you paid for it. again nice car good luck

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008 - 09:06:17 PM »
If your header/grille is in good shape go red, I went with a flattened black, but my hood is the same along with some stripes to tie it in.  My grille and header are ok.

Tom :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008 - 09:23:10 PM »
I am not a big fan of 72 and on Challenger 'sad mouth' grilles, so I love when they are painted black. I think the rear panel whould be body color between the lights. Just my  :2cents: Please don't get annoyed with me onthe grille, I just prefer the 70 grille over the 72 ones and like when they are black :bigsmile:

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008 - 11:53:40 PM »
My car is going to paint soon and I would like your opinion on some of the parts and how to paint them.
 First on the header panel I have been thinking of painting every thing in a gloss black, so the question is what do you think? Black or paint it red ?
Next on the tail panel I am pretty much set on painting it black , so what do you think?
Everything between the decklid and the bumper would be black
I was planning on painting mine black, so it would kind of blend in the grill. Definently black in the back.

Offline R/T

• Johnson City TN
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008 - 08:05:25 PM »
I was planning on painting mine black, so it would kind of blend in the grill. Definently black in the back.
Pretty much what I was thinking . It has more of the 70-71 look . It just looks sad otherwise, like it was missing the 383's, the 440's and the Hemi's that its older brothers had under their hoods. :crying:
1973 Challenger (OO/=====\OO)  440 
Hemis and Harleys
2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn Edition  5.7 Hemi

Offline Chlngrcrzy

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008 - 10:17:18 PM »
Get her painted up then post some pics. I am a ways out from painting mine, but starting to draw up ideas on what i want to do. :bigsmile: