Author Topic: What clutch n brake pedals are these in my car  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
What clutch n brake pedals are these in my car
« on: May 13, 2008 - 08:58:52 AM »
I had 2 sets that came with my car. I sold one set to a member here and installed this set. I didnt notice they were different. See the brake pedal. The bar is curved different. It all fit in the brackets and installed ok, but the pedal rubber pads for the 70 e body doesnt fit these pedals. They are about a quarter inch to big. I just bought another set of pedals last night so I can install some pads. Anyone recognize these pedals? I am taking them out eventually, since I want original correct parts for the car. I can't believe I sold my originals :banghead:. But all will be good soon

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
Re: What clutch n brake pedals are these in my car
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008 - 08:00:11 PM »
I believe that those are the late model e and b body pedals. Like 73 and 74.  The pads are shaped the same but the brake arm is bent like you said instead of staying straight and just curving over.  Some even seem to have retangular pedals that can be trimmed down to look right.

I can take a pic of the other style if you want (70-72) I have an extra set on a shelf. Those are the only type I buy because they just "look" right.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008 - 08:18:15 PM »
These when you look at them installed are the same pattern as the 70 pedals when it comes to the rubber. Same contour and all. The 72-74 are square. The pads almost worked on these to. But :bigsmile: I found a set of correct pedals on ebay last night and bought them for 40 bucks 20 shipping. So I got lucky. Now the fun part comes into play tearing it all apart again.

But let me see your pics you wanna post. I am curious  Thanks buddy :2thumbs:

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008 - 09:26:38 PM »
Here you go Al. 
 This set I bought from Chris Morris. I think his car is a 70 Cuda. 
They look like yours except for that funky bend on the brake pedal.

Rob
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009 - 11:44:06 PM by shelbydogg »
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

Offline vinb

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008 - 05:25:11 PM »
You guys got me thinking. Could they be A-Body pedals??
I don't remember seeing a curved brake pedal with a stick..

The left pedal in my photo is in my Cuda that matched the brake pedal, I think is out of a B-Body and the one on the right is a E-Body clutch pedal .

I didn't have a brake pedal to match so I used the longer ones. (about 1" longer). They work......

Your pedals do look shorter or is it just the photo...

Maybe you can go to the A-Body site to see how those pedals are..

Good Luck....Vin....

Offline 71chmark

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008 - 05:28:55 PM »
I was told these were 72-74 E/B pedals, as evidenced by the larger pads, when I bought them from Brewers.  They were cheaper than the 70-71 with the small pads so I chose them since I wasn't worried about originality.
I may be schizophrenic,
but at least I have each other

Offline 72bluNblu

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008 - 11:44:49 PM »
Hmmm...

I've got a set that looks like those! Bought them on ebay, advertised as A body pedals. I bought them 'cause I heard they would fit, and the restored version I got cost a lot less than most of the "in need of restoration" e-body sets (how on earth did you get a set for 40 bucks?! most I see go for 200+!). The pedals measure about 11 3/4" from center of pivot to center of pedal, and the funny looking brake pedal has the number 3182 stamped into it. Not sure if this will help, because they may not actually be a-body pedals (gotta love eBay!), but I thought I'd throw it out there...

woohoo! 100th post  ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008 - 11:48:20 PM by 72bluNblu »

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008 - 08:51:53 AM »
Hmmm...

I've got a set that looks like those! Bought them on ebay, advertised as A body pedals. I bought them 'cause I heard they would fit, and the restored version I got cost a lot less than most of the "in need of restoration" e-body sets (how on earth did you get a set for 40 bucks?! most I see go for 200+!). The pedals measure about 11 3/4" from center of pivot to center of pedal, and the funny looking brake pedal has the number 3182 stamped into it. Not sure if this will help, because they may not actually be a-body pedals (gotta love eBay!), but I thought I'd throw it out there...

woohoo! 100th post  ;D

Yes, those are exactly like mine in my car. They work perfect, but the pad choice isnt what I want to see for rubber.  I won an ebay listing for the correct ones. They were the pdeals only , not the whole assembly set up. I got them for 40 dollars. It is not hard to change them out.  I have a few things to do up under my dash, so I will do everything at once when the pedals get here. They were shipped yesterday.

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008 - 09:45:15 AM »
The pedals can be trimmed down with a grinder to make the other pads fit. That way it won't be as noticeable.

(I always notice that weird pedal though, when looking in someone's car)
Rob