XVMotorsports Level II Video

Author Topic: XVMotorsports Level II Video  (Read 2225 times)

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
XVMotorsports Level II Video
« on: May 13, 2008 - 10:27:36 PM »
I like what i've heard and read about the Level II upgrade, the video only confirms things for me :2cents: :burnout: :grinyes:

Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Re: XVMotorsports Level II Video
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008 - 10:41:30 PM »
dang that thing corners nicely! someday...
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline TheCrazyCheesehead

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008 - 11:08:08 PM »
excuess my french but Dam that thing hugs the corners. Now when are they coming out with upgrades for a-bodies??
Bryan The Crazy Cheesehead
'69 340-S Fastback Barracuda

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008 - 11:12:39 PM »
They aren't going to make the Stage 2 Kit for the a bodies last time I talked to them.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline gkring

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008 - 01:28:25 AM »
I like what i've heard and read about the Level II upgrade, the video only confirms things for me :2cents: :burnout: :grinyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7FnInueXR4&feature=related

better save those  :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: this stuff ain't cheap.
if you want to really be converted buy their DVD for $10. it has the whole discovery channell series on their setups and how they engineered them.

Over  a year and a half ago I got their video and watched it
 http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=23920.msg234745#msg234745

now I am looking at this in my shop, trying to find time to assemble it all.
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline jvike

• Pro-Touring Cuda
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008 - 05:16:41 AM »
I got the DVD a year ago, It sold me too. Now I've got the Level II rear suspention laying around, and will be getting the Level II Front suspention in the near future. I like taking my Cuda to the road racing track, so It was the only way to go for me.
Member of The Rapid Transit System

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008 - 08:24:09 AM »
 :iagree: but I had to go with the more money  :money: frendly alterktion set for my car I wish I had deeper pockets.

Great video  :2thumbs:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008 - 01:24:47 PM »
We don't have any plans to do an A Body kit at this time.  If enough serious buyers for an A Body setup stepped up we would do it, but we've had that offer out for over a year and a half with not enough commitment to warrant the engineering commitment.  We have however finished that setup for Mustangs now and will start building cars and offer the suspension and other pieces for that application.

The DVD's are $4.99 shipped and if you see us at a car show, come to our open house or visit our showroom we're happy to give you a free copy of the DVD.  It has all thirteen episodes from Dream Car and shows how it was all developed and the testing etc.  There was a huge amount of engineering that went into the developemnt of our suspensions, Level I and II, unlike anything I'm aware of in the aftermarket for any application new or old.

That video is part of the last segment on the DVD.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008 - 03:35:39 PM »

While your here DQHemi, not in anyway shape or form is this a bash or negative post but me and a few others wonder why you advertise products that aren't for sale yet? Some of them like the hood hinges etc aren't available. I purchased an XV Level 2 rear suspension kit on the 15th of January 08, 4 months ago today and still no word on it. Great products and team but I think you'll agree, it should be purchased and out the door within 1 week, 2 tops, not 3-4 months+ I had no idea at the time of ordering, otherwise I may have gone elsewhere.

Interested in hearing you response. :wave:

1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008 - 03:39:42 PM »
 :droolingbounce:  Wow, that corners sweet.  Maybe one day.
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline gkring

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008 - 03:51:26 PM »
Carl, just like you I'm not trying to be mean, but have you contacted them by email or phone? I see you have mentioned a couple times you have been waiting on your rear setup. I received my front and rear level 2 within 4 weeks of placing the order. I have had a couple issues with a mixup on parts within the kits, but they have always been real repsonsive on getting back to me and the replacements are here within the week. the rear suspension they told me they stocked, it was the front crossmember that has to be made to order. Mainly having to do with the motor mounts for your engine of choice. I see no reason why your rear setup shouldn't have been out their door within a week, maybe your order was lost?
Greg
1970 Challenger convertible-in process
1970 Barracuda driver

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008 - 04:55:43 PM »

Yup, I've been emailing/calling Scott since I placed my order and he's been hounding the people who gather the kit up. He said even he has no idea but he'd still keep at them to get it out. I'm good about it, I'm just curious as to why XV advertise these kits hard, yet they take so long to dispatch. Can't wait to get mine, literally lol.

:swaying:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008 - 05:55:09 PM »
 :iagree:
and not to pick on XV or bash Xv I would like to see his answer.
I also would like to know why so much for the xv gas tank with the pump $800.00 is a lot for a $200.00 tank, a $150.00 ford pump and a $50.00 hole.  :screwy: IMHO

I love there stuff its nice!
 Next year I will add there power windows to my car.

Thanks John...
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008 - 10:38:22 AM »

While your here DQHemi, not in anyway shape or form is this a bash or negative post but me and a few others wonder why you advertise products that aren't for sale yet? Some of them like the hood hinges etc aren't available. I purchased an XV Level 2 rear suspension kit on the 15th of January 08, 4 months ago today and still no word on it. Great products and team but I think you'll agree, it should be purchased and out the door within 1 week, 2 tops, not 3-4 months+ I had no idea at the time of ordering, otherwise I may have gone elsewhere.

Interested in hearing you response. :wave: 

Sorry hadn't seen your response...

Your order got buggered up on our side, parttly because of our inventory system.  We have bill of materials for all our differen products and there are many iterations.  We put together kits in groups generally as there are alot of different combos we cover.  Anyway, last go round we were out of Dana 60 brackets for the rears (most get done are 8-3/4).  Brackets are in and a half dozen orders are getting filled this week.  Yours will go out some time this week for sure.

Sorry for the delay, should not and usually doesn't take that long.  Once we get alll the invetory system side sorted out will help alot.  We have so many products now we've had to change things around quite a bit.

As far as advertising stuff before we have, sometimes we do sometimes we don't.  In alot of cases stuff takes longer to get into production and we throw it in an ad to let people know, but getting into a production basis can take longer than we want.  Billet hinges is a good example.  People have seen them on cars we build and we've put them in ads, but not up on our site.  We found a supplier for the right price and are waiting for samples, then they will do a run of them for us.  One piece of the setup I am waiting to get final prcing on, then we'll be able to get our pricing out.  Meanwhile there are at least ten or more things we're working on at the same time at various stages.  Backup camera system I'll post in a moment, real nice 13" brake kit later this week I hope to get up as well, remote radar/laser setup is another just need to find time.  We've also got a ton more stuff around 5.7/6.1 HEMI swaps that we have, but not up yet and three magazine commitments in the next few weeks.  Anyway, sometimes we let people know about some things other times nothing until it's live. 

Again, sorry taken so long to get your rear setup out, snafu on our side.

John

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008 - 10:57:51 AM by DQHemi »
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Offline DQHemi

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008 - 10:47:03 AM »

I also would like to know why so much for the xv gas tank with the pump $800.00 is a lot for a $200.00 tank, a $150.00 ford pump and a $50.00 hole.  :screwy: IMHO

It's a little more complicated and costly than that. 
That piece went through a number of iterations and it works seamlessly.

Seriously, unless your labor is free, no way you could make that tank like we've done it for what we're charging.

One piece you neglected to focus on is the inner and outet billet tank mount brackets that are contoured to the surface of the tank and have a factory style locking ring that pump assembly locks right into.  Not a simple piece...

Perhaps to put it into perspective - we've been selling alot of these, the vast majority of which to professional builders.  They make custom tanks all the time when they need to.  Our solution is way cheaper than doing it from scratch, plus don't spend time on it and it is a direct bolt in complete solution, with quick disconnect fittings and a harness.  That's the same reason we did these, too much hassle to make them and costs way more.  Unless your labor cost is free and a fabbed tank won't be as clean as this either.  Every builder I show this too wants it, because the alternative is a real hassle and this saves them money.

Anyway, more than meets the eye on that one.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com