Author Topic: What about a b&b ram cllutch and PP?  (Read 726 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
What about a b&b ram cllutch and PP?
« on: May 13, 2008 - 10:41:11 PM »
Well, I bought a Zoom about 6 months ago. Paid 325 for the kit. It works, but at 3000 rpms it lets go. Right after all the carbs open up. So I have not as of yet been able to run wide open throttle past 3 grand.

So a bit ago I called summit and bought a ram performance. It was 450 bucks. Be here friday. I sure hope it works better then this Zoom. The zoom only worked for 350 hp so they claimed. The ram was 550 hp rating. I told them seems like they would go by tq not hp. But I bought it anyways

Anybody try a ram power grip assembly?

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: What about a b&b ram cllutch and PP?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008 - 02:03:06 AM »
I use McLeod , never had a problm with them so I never used anyone else

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008 - 05:32:51 PM »
Are you sure that your finger height was adjusted correctly when you installed the Zoom?  Remove the inspection cover ,if used, and look at the 3 fingers that the bearing pushes in. There should be a small gap between the pressure plate cover and the fingers. If not, you have to reach in there with a wrench and adjust the adjustment nuts to create one. 

I always look for the centrifugal assist pressure plates. My last McCleod had three rollers. I just found a new, unused 6-roller, that I installed in a friends 440-6, Challenger. It wasn't marked with a brand but was used as a stock pressure plate behind 440-6 and Hemi engines.  You can hear the rollers rattle when you pick it up and shake it. 

Before you install the new clutch, check the old one first.

Rob
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008 - 05:55:14 PM »
What clutch did you have? If it is a diaphragm it is probably not adjustable, but if it is a borg/beck it is...
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008 - 06:53:45 PM »
Mine is the Borg and beck. It is adjusted propperly, I just have too much engine for a stock clutch set up is all.  I will let everyone know how my new stuff turns out after the installation. This will be in a week or 2. The clutch came in today , but I have to go back to work :banghead: :sadwavey: