A scammer note...

Author Topic: A scammer note...  (Read 1934 times)

Offline moper

• Resident
A scammer note...
« on: May 15, 2008 - 12:57:31 PM »
I got this about the 340 block I'm selling... Word of warning. I wish he was closer where I could get my hands on him. :swear: The top is the last email... it starts at the bottom:

"No. You will not. This transaction is done. Any further communication from you will be deleted.

David Mador | Facilities Coordinator
CB Richard Ellis | Global Corporate Services
c/o Travelers
One Tower Square (1GS)
Hartford, CT 06183
860-277-3214 | F 877-802-3783
Dmador@travelers.com | www.cbre.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:08 AM
To: Mador,David
Subject: ADDRESS IS NEEDED FOR THE PAYMENT............

Thanks for your understanding mail infact am extremly glag to hear from you and God bless you,   well i quite understand what you said,and i stay at USA , but i will kindly pay you down  as soon as possible okay. so now i will instruct my client to issue out the cashier's cheque of the sum of $3,000 to you,so immediatelly you receive it all you need to do is to deduct your own amount of $500 and i personally am going to use $50 to compesate you, i compasate you for you not to sell the (1970 bare 340 block, Std bore) to another buyer becourse am really in need of it for my daughter okey, so the remaining fund will be transfer to my shipper so that they can come for pickup...    NB: my shipper will make all the neccessary arrangement about the shipping okey.  So i would want you to kindly forward me your full contact information such as:
Name.........                           
(who will be on the cashier's cheque)
Full address.............               (Not a P.o Box
Address)
City...............
State.............
Country..........     
Zipcode............
cell/office/home phone number........................    (For easy
communication)
Kindly forward me your contact information so that i can easilly permit her to issue out the payment on your behalf. awaiting your urgent
respond asap.

Stay blessed.
Thanks....

"Mador,David" <DMADOR@travelers.com> wrote:

Dave

c/o Travelers
One Tower Square (1GS)
Hartford, CT 06183

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:32 AM
Subject: 1970 bare 340 block, Std bore

thanks for the mail reply Mr. Mador David, i need to know your best price and please get back to me as soon as possible.

Best Regards..

Mike

"Mador,David" <DMADOR@travelers.com> wrote:

Mike,

I’ll have to get a picture if you want one. I’m not sure what it would tell you that I haven’t already stated. But I’ll work on one for you. It’s a totally bare clean cast iron engine block. Condition is as stated in the listing, as is the price, which does not (obviously) include crating or shipment. I’ll be in touch.

Thanks,

Dave

c/o Travelers
One Tower Square (1GS)
Hartford, CT 06183

Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:31 PM
Subject: 1970 bare 340 block, Std bore

Hello Seller,   
                How are you doing and you family?  My name is Mike and isaw your ( 1970 bare 340 block, Std bore ) that you want to sell am interested in Buying it. send me the pictures if possible including present condition and your best price that you will like to give it out Thank you. 

Best Regard
    Mike

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email.

==============================================================================  This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.   
 ==============================================================================  The Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 05/14/08, 06:55:53.   

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email.

==============================================================================  This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.    ==============================================================================  The Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 05/15/08, 10:49:29.   

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email.

Offline backtobasics

Re: A scammer note...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008 - 02:04:37 PM »
Sounds like most of the scams I have heard...

The indicator is the ( )   They need to be reminded of where to insert the item they are pretending to be interested in.....

:villagers:

Offline dwbiggs

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008 - 04:27:29 PM »
You would think that they would get people that could actually type English.  We should all email the guy and offer to sell him our cars and string him along.

1974 Challenger Rallye - 440+.040, 0 decked, 10.5:1, Ross Pistons, Hughes 3844 cam (238/244, .536/.540), Eddy RPM manifold, Eddy aluminum heads, Holley 750, TTI headers, .96" T-bars, IAS shocks, 1 1/8" front sway bar, 3/4" rear sway bar, XHD 6 leaf springs, Firm Feel stage 2 steering box.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008 - 06:11:08 PM »
I just need to say it,

Stay blessed...   :poopoke:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008 - 07:17:13 PM »
You would think that they would get people that could actually type English. 

:iagree:

Any off the wall English is a big no-no. Maybe I should say BIG no-no.   :grinyes:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008 - 11:22:28 PM »
It is always a pretty good tip that they are not from here when they use the phrase "I stay at U.S.A." LMAO. Do they think that people really go for crap like that?
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline Stacked440

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008 - 03:15:51 AM »
Terrible English is also a good hint its a scam.
-Kyle-
1971 Challenger R/T clone 440/5-spd
1973 Duster - 5.7L Hemi swap project

Offline Ornamental

• Oslo, Norway
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008 - 07:02:13 AM »
Kindly hello Mr. Mador Dave!   I urgently hope all is well with you! I am personally going to thank you for you understanding post, okay.
My (daughter) kindly says gabba gabba, so now I will instruct my client to kindly compesate you for your time, and may you be blessed when U sneeze!
  :stirpot:

I just luuuuve scammer-engrish!!
Panther Pink '72 Challenger Rallye.
Grey '70 Challenger R/T

-There are two kinds of pedestrians: The quick and the dead.

***Per Arne***

Offline wunderless

• But existing is basically all I do!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008 - 08:55:49 AM »
I find them funny.  That is after the intial anger. 
And Stacked440 I've watched your avatar for 3 minutes making my own beats... awesome.
But existing is basically all I do!