Author Topic: **Stolen Car alert**  (Read 29743 times)

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: **Stolen Car alert**
« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2008 - 06:07:34 PM »
Man I sure hope he gets his car back. I would be hot enough to ...... if I ever caught up to a guy who stole my car  :stomp:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline thecarkid1970

« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2008 - 07:19:52 PM »
I'll repost the pics.  Thanks for letting me know 360 Cuda.  I recently got maybe a faint hint of good news kind of through the grapevine.  I have not heard anything at all from the police. 

Offline cudadave72

• you motorboatin sob!!!
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2008 - 09:52:20 PM »
Still pulling for you!!!  :2thumbs:
1972 BS23 H code Cuda, B5 blue, 340 streched to 416 cu in, 727 w/ 8 3/4 rear, 7.23 in the 1/8 mile and 11.38@117mph in the 1/4 on drag radials   Under restoration! Coming soon... 440cuin R3 Indy SMALL BLOCK monster!!!!

Offline mikerallye

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2008 - 10:09:35 AM »
I keep my car under a carport beside of my barn. One night I saw three   :swear: sneaking around it about 1 a.m. I popped a few rounds in the air and they ran away. I since put security motion sensing lights in the area. The scum are out there that's for sure. I am going to start chaining it to my tractor after this.   :villagers:

Offline thecarkid1970

« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2008 - 05:10:33 PM »
Thanks cudadave.  Mikerallye, there are a lot of scum out there, in some ways I think it's to bad you didn't put a few of those rounds into them instead of the air.  Chain it to your tractor and maybe consider buying a big and possibly mean dog, that way if you have anymore uninvited guests show up to admire your car they can be suitably welcomed.

Offline jeryst

• Resident
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2008 - 06:08:13 PM »
I keep my car under a carport beside of my barn. One night I saw three   :swear: sneaking around it about 1 a.m. I popped a few rounds in the air and they ran away. I since put security motion sensing lights in the area. The scum are out there that's for sure. I am going to start chaining it to my tractor after this.   :villagers:

Attach an electric fence unit to your car. If they touch it, they'll be in for a surprise!   :roflsmiley:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2008 - 06:19:43 PM »
Attach an electric fence unit to your car. If they touch it, they'll be in for a surprise!   :roflsmiley:

One of the places where I used to live there was someone vandalising all of the 4WDs on the street about once a month, including my Jeep. I seriously thought about doing something like this, but the cops told me that I'd be in trouble if some kid bumped against the car and croaked.  :dunno:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

sleepychallenger

« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2008 - 06:23:51 PM »
about 8 years ago, the night before we left for DC (novemeber) some punk kids decided to shoot out the side window of every car parked on the street. i was so pissed when i came out to shattered glass on the chally and my comet. it really made the drive from colorado to DC a cool ride, literally  :lol2:

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2008 - 07:18:03 PM »
about 8 years ago, the night before we left for DC (novemeber) some punk kids decided to shoot out the side window of every car parked on the street. i was so pissed when i came out to shattered glass on the chally and my comet. it really made the drive from colorado to DC a cool ride, literally  :lol2:

Once of the Jeep vandalizations, the first one actually, they unzipped the rear window and took it. This was in January in northern Virginia. I started the thing up and thought "Gee the motor sounds loud this morning." I started down the street and I thought "Damn it's old, too." I was a mile away before I figured it out  :roflsmiley:

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2008 - 08:33:44 PM »
I remember one time the kid across the street shot my windshield with his BB gun . (70 Cuda) I grabbed him by the neck and had a few words with him . Still mad I called the police and they said if no one saw him there was nothing they could do . He was always on the porch shooting things . The icing on the cake was the ticket I got for a broken windshield . At least the judge didn't fine me when I told him the story .  :bricks1:

sleepychallenger

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2008 - 07:26:22 AM »
Once of the Jeep vandalizations, the first one actually, they unzipped the rear window and took it. This was in January in northern Virginia. I started the thing up and thought "Gee the motor sounds loud this morning." I started down the street and I thought "Damn it's old, too." I was a mile away before I figured it out  :roflsmiley:
amazing how we can go without noticing huh

Offline 4THECHALLENGE

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2008 - 12:04:40 AM »
DID HE FIND THE CAR ??

Offline thecarkid1970

« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2008 - 05:07:45 PM »
They have not found my car as yet.  I did find out recently that the Vin # of my car had been removed from NCIC.  I've notified the police but have not heard anything back.

Offline Slotts

« Reply #118 on: September 19, 2008 - 05:55:13 PM »
Hey Joe,

You know the VIN # is stamped on the firewall and rad support.

Man, I hope the best for you in finding that car.

Slotts

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2008 - 07:57:42 AM »
NCIC??

btw, it sounds like a real mickey mouse police dept. if they dont really investigate crimes....
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100