Author Topic: **Stolen Car alert**  (Read 29731 times)

Offline willhaven

Re: **Stolen Car alert**
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2010 - 10:38:01 PM »
Crossing my fingers for this!

Offline thecarkid1970

« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2010 - 05:09:14 AM »
When you rotate that picture of the orange car to the right, it looks like it could be a challenger.  I can't get a sufficient closeup to know for sure.  I've been up to Phil Thomas's house, when I was there, there was no Challenger to be found.  A local detective said the car had been moved suddenly and probably hidden.  He said it was a Challenger.  Another local who lived on Livingston RD also confirmed the orange car was a Challenger.  I'm not 100 percent convinced that these IDs are positive though, because when I would be out and about driving my Challenger I had people make all kinds of comments about what a nice looking Camaro I had, or sometimes that they really liked my Charger.  Thanks Wally for posting my ad on the Maryland Mopar site, if the car is still in Maryland maybe someone will see it and recognize it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 - 05:15:10 AM by thecarkid1970 »

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2010 - 06:41:14 AM »
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline wally426ci

• Sr. Resident
    • maryland mopars
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2010 - 12:40:52 PM »
Yeah, almost every angle is a different time (season wise)

No problem, just trying to help out. I would have a heart attack if any car of mine was stolen, and I can't believe it hasn't surfaced yet.  :sadwavey:
{OOI====I====IOO}
      '71 Challenger
      [O[]=====[]O]
      '68 D100

Offline thecarkid1970

« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2010 - 09:03:03 PM »
The picture of Phil Thomas's property on Bing.com definitely shows an orange car that could be a Challenger.  When you rotate the picture to the side the orange car looks like it has the typical, very Challenger like, long hood and short deck.  I would love to know if that's my car.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2010 - 07:45:13 AM »
This has been brought up before, even in this thread, but are you guys aware that all of these discussions are archived and available on a Google search? Two ramifications of that are:

1) Anybody who did have a stolen vehicle might get tipped off, and
2) Any person mentioned by name as having stolen property might have legal recourse if he didn't have stolen property.

Just FYI. I found this out when I was doing a web search for a term that I had mentioned in a post here, and the second result was a link to the c-c.c post. Anybody can see what we write, not just members.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2010 - 06:25:57 PM »
This has been brought up before, even in this thread, but are you guys aware that all of these discussions are archived and available on a Google search? Two ramifications of that are:

1) Anybody who did have a stolen vehicle might get tipped off, and
2) Any person mentioned by name as having stolen property might have legal recourse if he didn't have stolen property.

Just FYI. I found this out when I was doing a web search for a term that I had mentioned in a post here, and the second result was a link to the c-c.c post. Anybody can see what we write, not just members.
Scary stuff, I have been aware of this sort of thing for some time, I purchased a DVD recently called "Shadow Government" by Grant R Jeffrey and it is about what they are doing to us behind our backs and how they have the ability to monitor everything we post on the net & talk about on the phone etc.    :villagers:
Dave

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2010 - 07:46:40 AM »
Good point, but if what is said is factual and accurate there should be no big problem.....?  The tip off is the only downfall that could result. If your looking for a worm you got to dig in the dirt.
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2010 - 09:33:18 PM »
Good point, but if what is said is factual and accurate there should be no big problem.....?  The tip off is the only downfall that could result. If your looking for a worm you got to dig in the dirt.
The  Cuda-Challenger.com Chrysler disclaimer.Nothing in this post is saying that any person mentioned in this post is guilty of any crime  or misdoings, only that there are many coincidences that   look a little funny,no one says  that there was a crime, just that a car is miss parked and that possible leads are being looked into were it may be parked at present time,and whom may have parked it,,,in no way shape or form are we saying that anybody sold it or stole it,,only that it is not were it is suppose to be PARKED,,we members at Cuda-Challenger.com assumes no responsibility of any misinterpretations of said post. Only that this is a forum were people can discuss problems of cars and miss parked cars,,there are no lynch mobs being activated or tar OR feathers being cooked or nooses being hung in a tree ,,nor guns being cleaned.Only that members are looking for a miss parked car.Any miss happenings to any mentioned person is purely  accidental or coincidental,,nobody at Cuda-Challenger.com is stalking or spying   on any body,,WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY PER SAY SCARING OR DEATH OF SAID INDIVIDUALS..only that we will help the law in any way or effort possible to find the miss parked car,so the owner gets it back were it was parked ..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010 - 09:38:01 PM by 72rtchallenger »
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline thecarkid1970

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2010 - 09:38:13 PM »
I far as legal consiquences are concerned, I didn't accuse anyone of anything.  Misslady (on page 9 of this thread) made the accusations against Mr. Thomas and posted them here.  As for the tow truck driver, well I'm just relating what I was told.   

Offline 72rtchallenger

• 72 to 70 clone
    • cardomain
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2010 - 09:52:05 PM »
I far as legal consiquences are concerned, I didn't accuse anyone of anything.  Misslady (on page 9 of this thread) made the accusations against Mr. Thomas and posted them here.  As for the tow truck driver, well I'm just relating what I was told.   
I hope you recover the car,,how is the search going
72rtchallenger
my challengers restro at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/399010
what happens in the garage
stays in the garage

Offline thecarkid1970

« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2010 - 10:09:53 PM »
Hello 72Challenger, right at the moment, no further news, but I intend to keep working the issue.

Offline thecarkid1970

« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2010 - 07:21:53 PM »
I found my car, intact, pretty much as it was before.  However, trying to get the police to do something about the miscreants who had the car has been very frustrating.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2010 - 07:28:08 PM »
I found my car, intact, pretty much as it was before.  However, trying to get the police to do something about the miscreants who had the car has been very frustrating.

The first part is great, the second part is not surprising. They're way too busy writing tickets to easy targets like musclecar owners to actually go after a criminal. Tell 'em you'll glue donuts to the bad guys.

So how did you find it? And if you can't get the local cops motivated, would the FBI be interested?

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline Katfish

• Resident
  • 70 Challenger
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2010 - 07:49:33 PM »

So do you actually have your car back, or just know where it is?