Author Topic: Starting collecting for my Slant six project and found another Mopar nut.  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
I just purchased a Slant Six 727 tranny for $50.  It looks brand new except for a little surface rust on a couple steel parts because of its age.  It still had all of the plugs and caps on all the openings like it would have come new.  It also came with a torque converter.   :bananasmi

I found this on Craigslist a few days ago and he wanted $75, but I like to think things over before I buy stuff so I waited.  I figure that if it was still on there today, I would offer him $60, but I doubled checked the listing and he had dropped the price to $50  :bananasmi  so I called him and we (my father and I) went over.   As we pulled up, he had a few dodge trucks in the yard and other vehicles (including a first gen. camaro).  We looked towards his garage and saw two B-bodies waiting to be restored.  After buying the tranny and mentioning the vehicles we had, he mentioned that he had a total of seven B-bodies in his garage.  :faint:  We did not go inside the garage, but we glanced in and there they were.   :drool:  All I can say is  :wow:

Sorry I do not have any pics, but we did not plan on seeing that much history in one person's garage.  By the way, from the outside of the house, you would not have believed that he had that much garage space. 
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
Here are a couple pics of the 727:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert

Cool, well worth the 50 bucks eh! Thanks for sharing, did you mention to join CCC?

He has a perfect set up, big space, awesome cars, no one knows. :cheers:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident

Cool, well worth the 50 bucks eh! Thanks for sharing, did you mention to join CCC?

He has a perfect set up, big space, awesome cars, no one knows. :cheers:

I did not even think about CCC, I was more in shock than anything else.  Oh well :banghead:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Great deal on the tranny, jacksboys!  :thumbsup:  $50 with the converter?  Very cool!

Yeah, I would be like  :drool: also if I saw that garage!  Must've been fun!  :thumbsup:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Very neat, that tranny looks great.   :2thumbs:

Offline tb3cuda

Hi Jacksboys,  I just found your thread about your slant 6 project.  I'm also saving up to restore a slant 6 car and am planning on keeping the original engine.   I'll be eager to see how your project turns out.   

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
Hi Jacksboys,  I just found your thread about your slant 6 project.  I'm also saving up to restore a slant 6 car and am planning on keeping the original engine.   I'll be eager to see how your project turns out.   

Your Cuda looks like a great project.  Just to let you know that my project may take a while before I have all the needed parts.  I am not rushing into anything, I am trying to find parts at a good price. 

Good luck with your project.  I hope to see you driving it regularly again   :2thumbs:

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
Your Cuda looks like a great project.  Just to let you know that my project may take a while before I have all the needed parts.  I am not rushing into anything, I am trying to find parts at a good price. 

Maybe you could post a thread with parts you need?  Maybe either people might have them or can keep and eye out for you?  Are you just looking locally?   :clueless:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline vinb

• Resident
jackboys, great find.... :thumbsup:

I been a mopar guy all my life and even worked for some dealers back in the 70's , I didn't know they made a 727 6cyl trans. I thought they all where 904's.

Cool... You won't break that one....

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
Maybe you could post a thread with parts you need?  Maybe either people might have them or can keep and eye out for you?  Are you just looking locally?   :clueless:

Good Idea and I might do that in the future.  I currently have another member working on getting me some parts I wanted, so I will go from there after I get them.  I am hoping to find a solid E-body fairly cheap (aren't we all), but you know how that goes.  Currently I am just looking locally and since gas keeps going up, I doubt I will be traveling far for parts unless they are at an unbelievable price.

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
Cool... You won't break that one....

Yep, just incase I decide build a hi-output motor, I won't be worried about the tranny.   :2thumbs: