Who else wants to play tricks on scammers?

Author Topic: Who else wants to play tricks on scammers?  (Read 4672 times)

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Who else wants to play tricks on scammers?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008 - 12:19:44 AM »
I think you should send something like this:

Dearest Sarafina,

I'm very sorry to hear about your father and very feel sad about your loss.   But I think that the great lord has brought us together as I have prayed for something like this for so long.   I would love to help you out and it's very kind of you to offer me such a large amount for what seems like so little work.  The only problem that I have is . . . I have no bank account and will need $100 dollars to open an account.  Since I'm currently out of work, I do not have that kind of money.  Do you think you could send me the $100 dollars so I can open the account?  I really look forward to your reply as I think you were sent by god at a really difficult time in my life.  Please notice my address below.  Please send the money soon.

Thanks

Lets see if we can suck any money out of them!   :bigsmile:

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008 - 01:54:13 AM »
This is the message I just sent off. The address I listed is that of the Lac Vieux Desert Police Dept, mostly because I didnt want to be handing out my Actual address, and because I suspected that an address in America might help things along a little. Mostly a combination of Pistol gripper and 4Cs posts.

I really cant wait to get a reply.

Dearest Sarafina,

I'm very sorry to hear about your father and very feel sad about your loss.   But I think that the great lord has brought us together as I have prayed for something like this for so long.   I would love to help you out and it's very kind of you to offer me such a large amount for what seems like so little work.  I have most recently inherited a large sum myself, so I know the problems of which you are facing.  Praise God that we have found each other.

May I also see a picture of you? With the number of awful people around these days I really do feel better if I can visualize the person I am talking to.

Thanks

PS. I hope you find My address below.

Alan Smith

E23922 Choate Rd
Watersmeet, MI 49969

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008 - 04:06:07 AM »

LMAO! That's classic, I bet they won't reply at all, that's just too good.
They'll definitely be like: "Hey?? WTF??" This is cool. :lol: :ylsuper:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008 - 05:39:20 AM »
I got some imput for you.

Im not lowering myself to their level to "have some fun with them".

I guess you are offended by the references to god in my email? I dont like offending anybodies religious belief, and am normally careful not to. I did think saying "praise god" was a little borderline, but given that 'god' can really mean any object or person of worship I left it in.

I, myself, am an Athiest - however I do not see that as an excuse to insult anyone elses belief. I instead live my life being (what i see as) a decent human being, being honest and trying to cause the least amount of stress possible to others - which is basically what I see most religions as being about anyway. I do not do this because I think I will have to answer to some higher being at the end of it all, I simply avoid conflict wherever possible because thats just my nature.

So I will be including whatever other members of this forum contribute, as long as it doesnt single out or offend one single religion in particular. So yeah, references to god etc. are ok and will be included where I see fit.

If your comment wasnt about religion at all, then I guess I have just made a dork of myself :P

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008 - 06:40:15 AM »

:lol2: Just a bit of harmless fun mate, it's not lowering ourselves, just getting a little back. ;)
These guys ruin peoples lives so to make an ass out of them is all good IMO.

I myself think it's bloody awesome. Just re-read Andrews reply LMAO.....the grammar and wording is perfect, I swear if I got one from you Andrew I would think scam and not know it's you. :lol: I would LOVE to hear what he/she/they say when they read it. My guess it they'll think they've emailed another scammer by mistake and in that case won't reply.
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Slotts

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008 - 06:43:47 AM »
I don’t see anything wrong with using whatever bait necessary to catch a criminal. In this case, I doubt the scammer would send any money but it may help teach someone a lesson. Let’s face it, someone who steals your money with a gun, on Ebay or via an email is still a criminal.

As far as disrespecting God, I am a believer and consider Him to have a great sense of humor. :grinyes:
They all laugh everyday up there watching the stupid stuff I do.  :lol:

Slotts

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008 - 08:54:35 AM »
Scammers say God Bless, God told me to contact you etc. because they know gullible people will bite if they think the scammer is religious.

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

Offline IMNCARN82

• Resident
  • LeDZeP
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008 - 09:22:43 AM »
So what about her sister...?       :icon16:
'73 340 5 speed,RMS,BAER,... "Supercuda" (O[   ]||||[   ]O)  
'69 Dodge Charger 383,Auto                  (OiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiiiiiO)
13' Challenger R/T BlacktoP  6spd. (OO________OO)
71' Demon
75' Duster
87' Conquest TSI
56' Plaza
Boulder CO
Robert    "cuda bob"

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008 - 12:26:52 AM »
I recieved two new emails today, one even had a picture attached!

here is the first, and the pic (let me know if you cant see it, Il find somewhere better to host it)

MORE DETAILS AND MY ATTACHED PHOTO‏
Sent: Tuesday, 20 May 2008 11:11:39 p.m.
To: 

Security scan upon download   
 my photo.jpg (3.6 KB)
Dearest One,

Thanks ,many thanks to your mail in respond to the request I have made,As regards your mail to me,I have understood your willingliness to assist me in the transaction with maximun co-operation,I thank you so much for your concern.Please i want to know weather i can trust you in this issue because this is the only thing i have in this life since the death of my parent.Regarding to your question, i will like to let you know that this transcation will not be regret to you if you really want to assist me in this transcation.

Meanwhile,I wish to futher explain to you on the way we have to go about this transaction ,like I told you in my first mail that  I want to transfer my late father's fund over to your account, after which I shall travel out of this country immediately to meet with you in your base so that I can continue my education as I want to study medicine and also invest the money in lucrative businesses of your choice like real estate any business that is good for own knowledge.

The bank is already aware that I should appoint some one and they have been waiting for the person to contact them. all you need to do is to stand fully as my late father's foreign business partner and as my guardian everything is operating legally.as I have with me the whole documents which my late father used to made the deposit in the bank.

I thank you so much for your positive response, this assure's me that you are capable to handle this investment I am asuring you that everything is in order,I want you to be rest assured that this project is 100% risk free and legitimate in the sense that there will never be any strange protocols or what ever illegality to be attached to it.

Only what I need from you is to be good and honest partner who will assist me to receive this bank over there for establishment while I continue my education. For your assistance in these areas I am assuring you that I will offer you 15% from the total fund after the transfer while 3% will be set aside for any expenses that might incur during the transaction. Then rest will be for the investment programme.

As I contacted you to assist me in this business I  believed  that your involvement in this business will transform practically my dream as aspirant into reality.I am also very confident that your aknowledge in the business community and wealth of experience will be of good guide in terms of my investement.Besacuse everything is going to be under your guide and supervision as I do not know much about business.meanwhile the procedure which I used to sellect you to assist me in this business also gave me the full confidence to handle and conclude this business with you without any fear and I believe that you are the appropriate person that God sent to me to handle this transaction with me,I also believe that you will never dissapoint me in any way.

Please send to me your telephone number to enable us proceed in this transaction without further delay, you need to reconfirm to me  the following information:

Try to reconfirm to me the above information as soon as you can so that I will give you further  directives and arrangements on how to proceed without further delay.I will also foward to you the full contact information of the bank here where the fund was deposited with the deposit code to enable you contact them and apply for the release of the fund.

May God bless, my greetings to every member of your family.

I look forward to your soonest response.

Yours Faithfully,

Sara

Here is the second (this one was in bold italics, for some reason):

Dearest One,

Good day,many thanks to your mail in respond to the request I have made,I am from Cote D' Ivoire here in west africa.Iwill like you to contact the bank as soon as you receive this mailso that you will get other informations you need in this issue.

Bellow is the contact information of the bank where my late father deposited the money.

Name of the Bank: Bicici Bank Ci Abidjan.

BANK ADDRESS: Siege Social Avenue Joseph Anoma 01 BP 4135 Abidjan 01 COTE D'IVOIRE WEST AFRICA.

Bank E-mail :    a.koffy_bicici@inmail24.com

Bank Director Email Address    a.koffy_bicici@yahoo.fr

Contact Person Mr Ange Koffy

Director's Direct telephone +225 08757459.

If you contact the bank just let the director Mr Ange Koffy to understand that you are the family friend of Late Mr Emmunal Konan, that you supposed to receive this fund US$12.500.000 Dollars before his sudden death the account code is 245789548311-00.Although they will not ask much question because I have already informed them my interest of recovering my inherited fund and I have just introduced you to Mr Ange Koffy on this afternoon as I just recieved your mail I told him that you are my foreign partner and beneficiary based in your country that the fund is going to be transfered to any account provided by you and he has accepted the whole arrangement and he requested to hear from you to confirm the whole thing.

NOTE PLEASE TRY TO KEEP THIS TRANSACTION VERY CONFIDENTIAL.

Waiting for your urgent response.

Remain blessed.

Yours Sara

Its time to put our thinking caps on again and come up with a good reply  :jumping:

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008 - 12:32:26 AM »
I found this, too.
http://www.google.co.nz/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=Bicici+Bank+Ci+Abidjan&btnG=Google+Search&meta=
I reckon Il grab one of the email addresses out of another, similar email and say something like "but isnt this one here Mr Koffis email address?"
And the picture:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008 - 12:41:27 AM by Andrew »

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008 - 12:50:47 AM »
Did you get this idea from the guy over at NSXPrime.com?  He and a couple other members got some scammer really mad over quote "Wasting his time" because he kept on calling a fictitious phone number one of the guys decided to produce to use as his 'authorized' money order company.  Needless to say, it was funny reading the entire thread about the confrontation with the Nigerian scam 'artist', who believed 'his' NSX for $10,900 didn't seem too unreasonable for any potential buyers. :villagers:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

hannah

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008 - 01:02:29 AM »
Ooolala she's pretty you should offer to marry her :P

Funny this same letter was received by a gentleman last year on a Ferrari board I frequent...only her name this time was Mel Aisha Fatima...also from Abidjan, cote D` Ivoire

These guys reversed the whole thing and try to get money from the scammers very funny read

http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm

There are actual online scambaiters...not looked well upon in legal circles but they have their fun

Another guy was selling his house and had an ad online...a Nigerian scammer found it and wrote the guy wanting to buy it but you know the usual you send me money then I'll send you money...in one of his last letters to the guy selling the house he wrote...

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF OUR TRANSACTION. I DID NOT HEAR FROM YOU . I AM GOING TO GO FBI IF I DONT HEAR FROM NOW CONCERNING OUR TRANSACTION?

Yah the scammer is going to contact the FBI loool It's really sad though that still in this day and age people fall for this...

Have fun  :wave:

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008 - 01:26:36 AM »
Yeah I have come across a few scam baiting sites in the last few days. http://419.bittenus.com/ is another good one.

I have just had an idea (in the shower, where I do all my best thinking).
 Im gonna keep going through to the stage when they ask me to transfer the money to them, then go along with it buy say that my countrys laws say any payment over the amount of $1500 (or so) has to go through the embassy. I wonder how keen our friend sarafina will be, and how they react to being thrown a curve-ball like that.

Offline KNOT0623

• 1970 A66 Challenger
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008 - 03:00:33 PM »
 :popcorn:
Get in, Sit Down, Shut up and HOLD ON!!!!
1970 A66 340 Challenger 4-speed
1970 T/A Challenger 4-speed
2006 Ram 2500 Diesel
2008 BMW M3 Vert

Offline Andrew

• Resident
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008 - 03:36:36 AM »
I decided it could be fun to stir things up a bit, so I sent this today.

I never emailed the bank. I know it, and the scammer knows it. Do you reckon our penpal sarafina will smell a rat tho?

My Dearest Sarafina,

I am greatly sorry to tell you this, but I contacted Mr Ange Koffy at Bicici Bank Ci Abidjan and he informed me that no such account exists at that bank. Please check the information you sent to ensure it is correct, as I do truly believe we were bought together for a reason and I do look forward to helping you.

Kind regards