Author Topic: 71 cuda convertible  (Read 1258 times)

Offline insanecuda

71 cuda convertible
« on: May 22, 2008 - 04:36:37 AM »
ok

71 cuda convertible: no motor or trans. or grill. good condition all other pieces are there, so I am told. It was a 318 auto.Per a body shop the car needs to fresh n up the trunk pan that a body guy in fla. installed,(he over lapped the seam 2 peice trunk.) the weld on the rocker where the floor pan meets, needs the weld to be ground (again fresh n up) a spot in the battery tray area needs a little work and finally the convertible top frame pass. side front needs a small repair.  so with that being said what do you think it worth?????

I just tried to add pic's but this site keeps telling me the file/files are to large...not sure on how to reduce
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008 - 01:51:24 PM by insanecuda »

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
Re: 71 cuda convertible
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008 - 06:50:25 AM »
For a car like that and todays market you really need to get the pics posted for a good answer.

Cuda Guy
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline HemiOrange70

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008 - 12:10:45 PM »
That car with a small block driver quality is worth 40-50K Minus a motor and trans and 3k in body work------I would say 20k is the high mark without looking at pics :2cents:

Offline JeffAARy

• Orange Mopars Drive Me Wild
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008 - 09:49:33 AM »
I've seen this car listed for sale on another website, so I've seen more pics.  Here's my opinion:

1)  Most 71 Barracuda convertibles that haven't even had body/interior work started are bringing 40K, which is what the asking price is for this car.  This car has most of the body done already, I believe (haven't seen it in person so I can only go by the description).  It already has gilled fenders, which is a major plus.  Also, it has new seat covers already.  You aren't going to find many 71's in this condition at this price.

2)  This car has no drivetrain, so that is going to cost you.  On the other hand, it gives you the freedom to do what you want (old 426 hemi, new 6.1 hemi, etc...) without feeling like you need to be tied to a matching numbers 318 car.

3)  Not sure what the status of the grille and front valence/valence insert/turn signals is.  If they aren't there that will run you about 4K.

Realistically, to finish this car you probably need to spend another 30-40K (body & paint 10K, drivetrain 5-15K, top/interior 4K, other components ??????).  So the question is are you willing to spend 80K plus your time for a convertible clone?  With the muscle market down, this is probably not a good investment right now.  It may be 5 years from now, no one knows.  If you don't care about it from the investment aspect and have the $$$, then do it.

Just remember, it is always cheaper to buy a finished car than it is to restore one, but if you restore one yourself you can build it exactly how you want it.