Author Topic: FUEL: Suppy and Demand  (Read 2455 times)

Offline MJS73

• Mike's 1973 Challenger
Re: FUEL: Suppy and Demand
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008 - 07:44:58 AM »
Sorry Mike I didnt take debate in school. You win! Like I stated earlier this kind of dicussion could go on for days. Thanks for setting me straight. Your trophy is in the mail!!! :clapping: :clapping: :2thumbs:

It's funny you say that, I did!  I'm going to proudly display my trophy next to my bowling trophies.  No car show trophies, yet.

Mike
www.mikes73.com
Don't PM me - send me an e-mail at mjsavage2001@yahoo.com

Offline Pistol Gripper

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008 - 07:35:23 PM »
Lotsa problems with the way gas is being produced.  My take is:

1.  Quit letting oil be bought on margin.  Speculators only have to pony up a percentage of the cost up front.

2.  Only allow future oil to be bought 30 days out.  At 30 days the buyer MUST take posession.  You buy it, you gotta refine it.

3.  The gov't has to quit doing insane things like putting Polar Bears on the endangered species list.

4.  The gov't needs to allow our oil companies to drill, Alaska, N. Dakota, the Gulf, wherever.

5.  Abandon ethanol.  It's killing us at the grocery.  If 100% of the ground farmed in the US was converted to corn for ethanol only, we could only replace 18% of the gas used.  WTF ?

My 2 cents,

P.G.
O ne
B ig
A $$
M istake
A merica

nivvy

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008 - 07:49:57 PM »
We are straght up getting price gouged......  :2cents:

Offline Aussie Challenger

• Resident
  • In Kansas loaded for Drive to West Coast.
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008 - 06:55:24 AM »
   :crazy:  Oil companies and Governments don't care what the price of crude is, they pass it on, the higher the price the more the governments and oil companies make. That is what this thread is all about, in my business I cannot put up prices without loosing business, not so with the oil companies..   :villagers:
Dave

Offline moparclown

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008 - 07:51:25 AM »
This is nothing compared to what will be happening-------------------Picture this--10 degrees outside and you can't afford to heat your home.How many people are gonna die this coming winter?How many of our older people are gonna think a blanket will keep them warm? :villagers:

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008 - 06:03:33 PM »
Lotsa problems with the way gas is being produced.  My take is:

1.  Quit letting oil be bought on margin.  Speculators only have to pony up a percentage of the cost up front.

P.G.

You got it right there.   :grinyes:

The banks pay you peanuts for putting your money in a savings account, or a CD. The stock market isn't doing much. Soooo, what is a good quick way to make money? Buy futures in the gas/ heating oil field.  :grinyes: It always goes up, so it seems good to me. I'll invest just to bring the prices back down, since nothing I do ever goes right.   :lol:   :lol2:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline wunderless

• But existing is basically all I do!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008 - 09:45:10 AM »
I'll try...
So should food, water, health care, housing, clothing, cars and internet access, all of which are equally or more important than gasoline.
Yes.  If it becomes ludicrously expensive, for the sheer sake of a profit, it should.  (Though internet is hardly a necessity)
No one complains that their utility bills are too high and the utility companies are ripping them off?
I do.  My last hydro bill was ridiculous.  3 quarters of it was delivery fee's, taxes and a debt retirement charge... (Don't get me started on that...)

But existing is basically all I do!