Author Topic: NEW - TRIPPLE-GREEN California  (Read 2393 times)

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

• Coupe Custom Accessories
NEW - TRIPPLE-GREEN California
« on: May 23, 2008 - 04:54:54 PM »
Hello,
   I have been posting all week and realized that I never intro'ed myself. So here it goes. Name is Nate. I live in Orange California and I am the Proud owner of a 1973 Tripple Green Dodge Challenger. I called my self a Ford guy since the day I could pick up a wrench. Which I should add was some time around 19, I was a late bloomer. I am 29 now. I work in a Early Ford Hot Rod Shop here in Orange and learned about cars with my first truck a 1948 ford Pickup with a Merc Flathead.
   The car was my grandmothers (Original owner). She loved the car and it was the car before anything, including family. I was suppost to get the car for my graduation. She decided that she would rather keep it and told me so just after I walked at granduation. She was a mean old lady who needed a house to fall on her while she cackled in ruby slippers (history or crewl auctions). I think her exact words where "You can have it over her dead body"(Suttle). I was happy to wait.  :22yikes:
    Regardless it took about 10 years, but she could no longer drive and had no choice but to let me take it. Not sure what her problem was, but I realized that the car was a real jewl. Totaly stock and very well maintained. With an out of pocket cost of a new radiator and a set of tires I had myself an E-body.
  The car is no specail show car or hemi monster, it is a 318 secritary coupe. But it was a real jewl. The car has also been a daily driver for over a year with NO PROBLEMS!! Got to love it!!

QUESTION:
I wanted to ask if anyone is doing a Dodge or E-body club in the Orange Country area. I know of one Dodge club, but it really seems to be a big block boys club. They are not friendly to SB guys.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008 - 05:07:20 PM by TRIPPLE-GREEN »

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
Re: NEW - TRIPPLE-GREEN California
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008 - 06:08:58 PM »
Looks like a beautiful survivor you have there. Welcome to here, lots of cool people with tons of information on anything E-body  :2thumbs:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008 - 06:32:50 PM »
 :iagree: Everyone has been so nice and helpful!!!!!!!!

Offline Black340

• 1973 challenger 340 4 Speed
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008 - 06:33:55 PM »
Welcome TRIPPLE-GREEN  :2thumbs:  I am also from Cali (San Gabriel) and I have a 73 chally, the only club that I know is the one that organize the shows at Woodley Park, I don't know the location but you can probably get more info on their web www.cpwclub.com

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008 - 07:05:06 PM »
Welcome to C-C.com TRIPPLE-GREEN
Love the color of your car, it looks great.  Good luck setting up a club buddy.......... :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline stretch90

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008 - 07:38:10 PM »
Hey TRIPPLE-GREEN, thanks for the feedback, but yeah i live in napa its probably 45 minutes or so from San Francisco, I was actually just over in Orange County looking at a 70 barracuda for sale. When i do find the right 70-71 barracuda you will definetly have to let me know if you start a mopar club, id be very interested. By the Way thats a beautiful challenger you have!  :thumbsup:

Offline bb71challenger

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008 - 08:15:37 PM »
I also have to say this, that Challenger would look too cool with the old school blue license plates  :smokin:
1971 Challenger (OO==== ====OO) getting close!
1970 Challenger (OO########OO) long ways off
*Brett*

Offline hezzel

• Matching numbers 383 Magnum ,727 at and 3:23 rear
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008 - 05:05:33 AM »
Looks like a beautiful survivor you have there. Welcome to here, lots of cool people with tons of information on anything E-body  :2thumbs:
:iagree:
1971 Dodge Challenger R/T
2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid

Offline DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

• Resident
  • Still My Inspiration..1971, Rockingham, Nc
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008 - 07:13:45 AM »
Welcome to the site TG.  great car there.
Dave or David

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008 - 08:23:12 AM »
Welcome TRIPPLE-GREEN! What are your plans for your new ride? Any pic's of the interior and engine?  :picture:
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008 - 10:03:55 PM »
Welcome to cc.com.  Sweet looking car you have there.  Glad you finally introduced yourself.   :wave:   :wave:   :wave:

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008 - 12:27:22 AM »
Welcome to the site and what a nice looking Barracuda. Give us some more pictures to look at when you get a chance.

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Robert1050

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008 - 01:18:59 AM »
Welcome to the site!  I'm over in Anaheim, clubs in this part of the country are rare!  There is one that I know of, Mopar Knights, but they are very clique'ish & won't give anyone not in their club the time of day.  The group that puts on the Spring/Fall fling and the folks on here are first class, A1!
1970 Challenger R/T 440-4
1970 'Cuda 440-6 (Gone, but not forgotten)
1999 Sea-Doo XPL 69.0 MPH
1998 Sea-Doo XPL 66.3 MPH
1981 Eliminator Daytona 80.3 MPH

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008 - 11:45:47 PM »

The car was my grandmothers (Original owner). She loved the car and it was the car before anything, including family. I was suppost to get the car for my graduation. She decided that she would rather keep it and told me so just after I walked at granduation. She was a mean old lady who needed a house to fall on her while she cackled in ruby slippers (history or crewl auctions). I think her exact words where "You can have it over her dead body"(Suttle). I was happy to wait.  :22yikes:

:wave:   Hello and welcome to the site Nate.  Your '73 looks like it just rolled out of the showroom....unmolested.  Like to see more pictures when you get the chance to post 'em.  And speaking of ruby slippers and falling houses........Oh My!
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008 - 12:28:47 PM »
Welcome to the site!  I'm over in Anaheim, clubs in this part of the country are rare!  There is one that I know of, Mopar Knights, but they are very clique'ish & won't give anyone not in their club the time of day.  The group that puts on the Spring/Fall fling and the folks on here are first class, A1!

True about the knights. I have already been snubbed by that group. :clueless: