Author Topic: fiberglass fenders and doors  (Read 855 times)

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
fiberglass fenders and doors
« on: May 26, 2008 - 07:21:01 PM »
who has had some real world experience running fiberglass fenders doors and hood/trunk on the street. Need info like who has the best parts and how much difference is there between race and street parts. I can get a one piece front end for reasonable $$$$ but have to leave front bumper off to make it tilt. (would rather have individual parts ). and any recommendations

Offline Grancoupe

Re: fiberglass fenders and doors
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008 - 09:05:46 PM »
I have glass fenders, hood, front valence and rear valence. It took a lot of work to get then to fit right. The valences never looked correct. They just didn't keep the right shape. the hoods weighs almost as much as the metal one. The fenders took the most work and look OK. I bonded the two braces that support the fender at the rear and front. Needed the front brace the most to be able to get headlights into the thing. Most people that are not car people couldn't tell the difference. But if you step back and really look you can see the body lines are not quite as sharp and the contours don't quite follow the steel doors. The hood is the only one I intend to keep. One fender cracked at the place that it bolts to the upper header panel. There are a few stars from rocks kicking up and punching through the paint. Should have undercoated the inside of the fenders.

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008 - 09:54:02 PM »
thanks

Offline Grancoupe

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008 - 04:08:52 PM »
No Problem. Good luck with your choice.