Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 721 times)

Offline smi6983

Two questions
« on: June 03, 2008 - 01:09:51 AM »
Two questions that I have for ya'll. Is there anywhere on the internet to see how many early barracudas are still around? And the second question is....I was talking to my insurance company today about getting insurance for the barracuda and they told me that the major insurance companies aren't the best for classic cars because they would only pay book value instead of cash value. So I was wondering if you went with your regular insurance company or did you go with a specialized insurance company for classic cars?

Offline Jacksboys

• Sr. Resident
  • Here Since 08/28/06 GEORGIA
Re: Two questions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008 - 01:34:21 AM »
I do not believe anyone can give you a true number of cars left becuase many of them that do exist are not listed for people to see.

I went with a specialized insurance company because they can give you an "agreed value", which means they will give you the exact amount you insured it for if your car becomes a total loss.  I have always been told to stay away from "stated value" because you will not likely get your full amount.

Hope this helps  :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Challenger:  360/904/3.23

Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have. - Zig Ziglar

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008 - 01:49:13 AM »
Welcome to cc.com!  I don't believe there is anyone that can tell you how many are left . . . impossible.  The insurance question, just get an appraisel and submit that to the insurance company.  Then you can insure your car for any amount up to the appraised value.   :thumbsup:

Offline ted

• 74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008 - 11:36:04 AM »
not true with a standard stated value policy.
74 cuda, 70 challenger r/t

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008 - 02:41:51 PM »
I got state farm and just liability, nothing elese.  I was talking to Clinton (Jacksboys) Sunday, and he was saying that If I changed over to grundy like he did, it might cost me around 100 bucks a year more, but I would have full coverage and could be around 35/40k for what my car is likely worth. Eventually I will

Offline KZ

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008 - 03:41:29 PM »
I asked a very similar insurance Q just a few weeks back, since I only store my Mopar, I just wanted full replacement coverage in case of fire, I chose Hagerty insurance

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008 - 05:25:53 PM »
My regular co. has my cars. And for appraised value, but NOT all companies do this. The best part is they were much cheaper than Haggarty Grundy American ect.... Of course this will also vary by state.
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008 - 07:50:37 PM »
My regular co. has my cars. And for appraised value, but NOT all companies do this. The best part is they were much cheaper than Haggarty Grundy American ect.... Of course this will also vary by state.

To continue the subject...

Grundy didn't need an appraisal. Just pics of my car, and what I wanted to insure it for. Classic car insurance was FAR cheaper than going thru the insurance company I deal with for my everyday driver.

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.