Anyone buy Elastomeric Bumpers from Gean Gregory? + elasto bumper question

Author Topic: Anyone buy Elastomeric Bumpers from Gean Gregory? + elasto bumper question  (Read 9035 times)

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Anyone use this guy's bumper(s)

Gean Gregory Alhambra Custom Service

Sells on Ebay, I'm looking for any info on them. Also, do the elastomeric bumpers use different brackets than the steel ones? I've heard they have but would like to hear from you.

Thanks!
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
I wish I could help more, but all I can tell you is this guy has a good reputation.   :dunno:

Mike

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline hemiken

• Sr. Resident
  • Hemi-fied Mopar in Australia
I'm in the same boat as MEK.............

Heard the same good things, even guys who have gotten rid of twisted originals just to use his new repro's :2thumbs:
1970 Barracuda   (O^--^===|===^--^O)
1971 Barracuda   (O O {]{]{]|[}[}[} O O)
1970 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O)
1971 Challenger  (O O ===== ===== O O)
I pay homage to the best Mopars ever built.

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
I dont know but next winter I will try and get a set and let you know.
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
I'm in the same boat as MEK.............

Heard the same good things, even guys who have gotten rid of twisted originals just to use his new repro's :2thumbs:

My name is ALAN, and I approve this post. Always heard nothing but good, never wanted to wear a rubber on my car.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Ok Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if the bumper brackets are the same as the steel ones? I'm at a point where I am trying to budget for these, but I want to make sure there won't be any hidden surprises
70 Cuda, 7.0L Gen-III Hemi, Viper T56 w/9310 gearset, 3.91's, Megasquirt MS3x v3.57, Innovate wideband, Firm Feel upper arms, torsion bars, springs and strut rods, QA1 DA shocks. I did everything on this car except the fancy paint stuff and I drive it...and I can't seem to stop messing with it....

Offline FY1Cuda

Brackets are the same.
and sorry to hear about your hassles at Ohlone.

Offline FY1Cuda

One more thing.... If anyone has twisted original elastomeric bumpers, don't throw them out!  I managed to straighten my rear bumper, and am looking for a front bumper in need of some work.  :bigsmile:

Offline CHUCKS71

• "IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST"
How thick is the elastomeric coating?
:burnout::22yikes::burnout:    www.ronpaul2008.com
71 Challenger 4spd   www.conservativepunk.com
03 Ram diesel 6spd    http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/chucknutz/1971%20Challenger/

Offline FY1Cuda

How thick is the elastomeric coating?
Maybe half an inch aroudn the edges?  :dunno:  Not sure how thick it is over the metal.

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
Ended up buying some, once I get them I'll post some pics..

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
They should be on by now. How do they fit? Pictures? I'd love to see up close pictures especially of the ends of each bumper, which is where they seem to differ in shape the most from the standard bumpers.
Is Gene Gregory still around? I'm interested in an elastomeric front bumper, which seems to have very different "upswept" ends from the chrome stock bumper, but since the rear seems to be very similar in shape I may try to save the $1000 there and try painting the rear in the matching limelight.
Thanks.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
I should have my set next week  :woo:
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
in my experience the rubber inside is thin & should not affect the mounting , the 1 thing I would do is generously coat the bolts in anti sieze , you cannot cut them & replace them later on as they are moulded into the rubber

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline ntstlgl1970

• Resident
  • T a c o c a t
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=37642.150
the thread has the front bumper picture.
I
 would highly recommend these to anybody. They fit perfect. I did have to modify my front bumper brackets, but they weren't original to the car. I found the Gean Gregory stuff on ebay.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009 - 12:45:41 PM by ntstlgl1970 »