Author Topic: Need help. 73 cuda restoration question  (Read 1296 times)

Offline WET WILLY

Need help. 73 cuda restoration question
« on: June 04, 2008 - 04:09:29 PM »
I manage a bodyshop in Hamilton ontario. Were just finishing a restoration on a 73 cuda (Amazing car) The customer wants us to install the rear spoiler. We have  to mark it out a drill the holes. The new spoiler didnt come with a template. I dont want to just guess. Ive looked at 20 pictures online and its not helping. Does anyone have or know where i can get specific measurements. Your help it greatly appreciated. Weve put our hearts and soul into this car and dont want to make any errors. 

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Re: Need help. 73 cuda restoration question
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008 - 04:44:10 PM »
Welcome to the site.  I have seen measurements on here before but I'm having trouble finding them.  Just to confirm . . what kind of spoiler is it??  Is it a wing or an AAR spoiler?? 

Offline matt63

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008 - 06:16:16 PM »
You can check out this site http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library.shtml
Correction - it looks like the drawings have been removed.  Perhaps someone here has already downloaded the drawing you are looking for.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008 - 06:18:30 PM by matt63 »
Matt in Edmonton

'68 Valiant
'73 Cuda 340 4 speed (408) SOLD

Offline Srobinson4

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008 - 08:37:34 PM »
Do you have a picture of this car you could share?

SRR

Offline FY1 RT SE

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008 - 02:45:48 AM »
I manage a bodyshop in Hamilton ontario. Were just finishing a restoration on a 73 cuda (Amazing car) The customer wants us to install the rear spoiler. We have  to mark it out a drill the holes. The new spoiler didnt come with a template. I dont want to just guess. Ive looked at 20 pictures online and its not helping. Does anyone have or know where i can get specific measurements. Your help it greatly appreciated. Weve put our hearts and soul into this car and dont want to make any errors. 
Assuming it is a correct '70 wing and you have the corect trunk lid.

Offline MrMopar440

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008 - 04:15:44 AM »
I don't wnat to hijack this, but I have a trunk lid related question. My 73 does not have a wing installed, but it does have the left (driver's) side access/mounting hole cut. Is this something the previous owner did for some unknown reason (wouldn't suprise me given the other things I have found)? Or is this hole supposed to be there? Thanks - and good luck getting all the measurements you need.

Offline cuda-cable

• MOPAR or no car
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008 - 12:24:46 PM »
Wet Willy,  if you need a spare trunk lid, I've got one and I'm only a few hrs away in Ontario near Walkerton, also have a ralleye hood and some other assorted parts left from my project........cheers......dk

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008 - 06:29:30 PM »
If your lid has the cutouts and you have the brackets they should fall right into place.The Year One catalog  gives a measurement of 5 7/16" from the rear edge of the lid to the rear mounting hole.
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline Quikfish

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008 - 04:07:22 PM »
As mentioned, your lid bracing comes from the factory pre-cut for the underlid support brackets.  First Place Auto Products (FPAP) sells the entire mounting kit, plus they also sell the molded plastic templates necessary to cut the holes in the support using a die grinder.  Once you get the holes cut and brackets in place, marking and drilling should be a no brainer.  I believe the owner's name is Fred and he's a great guy who will walk you through the process. :cheers:
B5, Baby!